• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
also anyone here got their fantasy teams sorted yet?

You even inspired me to make a shitty paint emblem:

hQfwJy8.jpg

Man just had a fantastic game as Elder Titan. Game was neck and neck the whole way. Twice we planned a smoke gank but were forced to defend. We would win the team fight and push them, then lose at their base after doing good damage. Rinse, repeat.

Down to the last, their ancient was super low but we all died getting it that far. No-one could buyback. Full counter push on their behalf.
As we all came back, their Farmed Naix was 6-shotting all our buildings and just about to go on the ancient, with no defense.

I spawn, his bkb wears off and i put him to sleep. They have a farmed sniper defending their base, but 2 of our guys quickly buy boots of travel and TP right into their base and end it. Fucken nail biting. Love this game.

quoting myself here, but the match ID is 255198456 for anyone interested...

I feel like if someone abandons early on (sub 10 mins) and their team wins without them anyway, something especially terrible should happen to them.

Nice, now you can resell it and get more Compendiums. Each of the individual parts is worth more the the Compendium itself.

Courier
Immortal Chest
Taunt Pack
Exp Pack.

so why dont we just constantly buy compendiums and resell all the parts to buy more compendiums to sell the parts to...

bam infinite money + techies

Forkball

I want to play gankers, but everyone picks non-support so I have to go support. And then I suck as support and we lose. When will people learn?

I want to play gankers, but everyone picks non-support so I have to go support. And then I suck as support and we lose. When will people learn?

I have the same problem. How do you guys win as support when paired with teammates less experienced than you? This happens to me a lot in RD when I'm last pick and mid/safe lane carry and hard lane carry are both taken with support being the only logical pick left..

Boken

Banned
play a roaming, ganking support

edit: more in response to forkball. my other response is "yeah, when will the whole dota population learn that forkball needs to carry"

play a roaming, ganking support

edit: more in response to forkball. my other response is "yeah, when will the whole dota population learn that forkball needs to carry"

Vengeful Spirit, Windrunner.

I have the same problem. How do you guys win as support when paired with teammates less experienced than you? This happens to me a lot in RD when I'm last pick and mid/safe lane carry and hard lane carry are both taken with support being the only logical pick left..

Sometimes I resign to the fact that I'm losing, and try different builds or strats if I can.

Also, important tip if you want to play Dota but is pissed about your chain of losses.

Play a co-op bot match to get the edge off.

Vengeful Spirit, Windrunner.

Sometimes I resign to the fact that I'm losing, and try different builds or strats if I can.

Also, important tip if you want to play Dota but is pissed about your chain of losses.

Play a co-op bot match to get the edge off.

That and just stop playing too many matches in one sitting...you might not realize it but mental fatigue does start to kick if you're playing like 8 games in a row. I don't let myself play more than 3 matches a day...it keeps those 10 game losing streaks from happening.

Is there a bug with the Abaddon mace animations? His idle doesn't seem to loop properly, he kind of moves his head around and then it suddenly jerks back to one side to loop the animation and looks really bad.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there a bug with the Abaddon mace animations? His idle doesn't seem to loop properly, he kind of moves his head around and then it suddenly jerks back to one side to loop the animation and looks really bad.

I relly don't think his Mace Animations are working right, people said he has the same animations but Matt showed off that there are new ones to go with the weapon.

I relly don't think his Mace Animations are working right, people said he has the same animations but Matt showed off that there are new ones to go with the weapon.

yea, when he hits people he kind of just brushes the mace against the side of the person, and his draw animation for entering combat is really wonky, he half spins the mace and then jerks it near instantly back into place. It almost reminds me of Soldier's shovel draw animation from TF2, except it makes no sense on Abaddon.

It really does feel unfinished, although the particles are pretty nifty, even if they are just the sword particles (but because it's longer there are way more of them).

Azull

Man is it ever one hell of a disparity between kunkka, pudges, and VGs weapon compared to Abaddon and LD. Unfortunately for me I got Abaddons weapon =\.

Ties

Banned
Do you guys have a guild or something in Dota 2?

I've been trying to learn the mechanics for roughly 2 weeks now and I really want to improve but playing alone with randoms is lame lol

I was playing NS and by th first night I had 6 kills but my team had 3 guys fighting over the jungle and we lost because all 3 wanted to farm.

I did cry a little that my awesome start meant nothing

Since I bought the compendium, anyone wana swap doubles of player cards, I'd like to upgrade the courier (man what am I doing with my time)
I have a whole bunch of doubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom