• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morokh

About items, there seems to be different rarity tier of items, are the end-match reward restricted to only common stuff, or do you have a chance (as slim as it is) to get something more rare ?

About items, there seems to be different rarity tier of items, are the end-match reward restricted to only common stuff, or do you have a chance (as slim as it is) to get something more rare ?
You can get anything from a sven sword to the 30 dollar lina hair dropping in your game.

(there are some things that don't drop but those are because reasons)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
VqJjo55.jpg

#swag

You can get anything from a sven sword to the 30 dollar lina hair dropping in your game.

(there are some things that don't drop but those are because reasons)

Chest contents, keys, #ESPORTS tickets (and their promo items), team pennants and newer cosmetic sets don't drop.

Everything else is fair game.

shira

How do you say "first round eliminated" in troll?

thumb_2687_user_avatar_normal.jpeg

Man Ferrari got an overhaul?

Don't forget that Immortals don't drop either, of course.

Ancient, strange, unusual, user-made, and there is one more. I forget - whatever the internal one is that just errors.
Glad to hear the red X's don't fart out anymore though.

Chest contents, keys, #ESPORTS tickets (and their promo items), team pennants and newer cosmetic sets don't drop.
Everything else is fair game.
Newer custom key chests No - Treasure of Rarities because they are all strange - sorta.
Brown Key chests and some of the older key chests yes.

I don't know about the newer cosmetics. I got a Tusk one and a wolf one almost the same week - and the new enchantress one - but all commons - IE force you to buy the set. I know they had a period where none of the new stuff dropped, but I think that's changed now. I think some sets just don't drop at all.

Do you not get drops in Captain's Mode?
Sure,. just not tourney or practice modes.

NBtoaster

There's an annoying bug where if you use the select your hero hotkey you cant click on the minimap to change the camera until you click somewhere else. Annoying when playing multi unit heros...

shira

Weird just played a game there and no one got drops, wish there was an option to give the Captain role to someone else

Low priority, nobody RNG'd an item, nobody level'd up. It happens

There's an annoying bug where if you use the select your hero hotkey you cant click on the minimap to change the camera until you click somewhere else. Annoying when playing multi unit heros...

seems odd, did you enable the minimap delay in your console?

Enco

sbthCM6.png

25% of the game spent waiting, crashing and glitching up
45% of the game spent raging and having shit games
30% of the game spent having fun

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
sbthCM6.png

25% of the game spent waiting, crashing and glitching up
45% of the game spent raging and having shit games
30% of the game spent having fun

More time spent having fun than WoW I'm sure.

Enco

I never really understood how people could play games that they didn't really enjoy all the time but now I get it.

I play in hopes of a good game. Hoping that the hours of frustration and anger pay off. So yea, kinda like an abusive husband.

EWmof.gif
Dota

TGMIII

What happened to the queue system? Games are faster but I'm getting queued with south americans. Obviously they could just be queuing EU but I doubt it.

I never really understood how people could play games that they didn't really enjoy all the time but now I get it.

I play in hopes of a good game. Hoping that the hours of frustration and anger pay off. So yea, kinda like an abusive husband.

EWmof.gif
Dota

At least dota's breath doesn't smell of alcohol and vomit when it's mistreating you.

Inversive

I'm sure South Americans aren't as bad as Russians, having more than one in your team is ggwp go next. Someone needs to do a study on why they can't play doto

shira

Games are faster but I'm getting queued with south americans. Obviously they could just be queuing EU but I doubt it.
I'm sure South Americans aren't as bad as Russians, having more than one in your team is ggwp go next. Someone needs to do a study on why they can't play doto

I'm guessing they click all servers since they are in a pay/hour cybercafe
Maybe drunk since it's a cybercafe? Can you drink in cybercafe's round your neck of the woods.

Korean ones you can. Nothin better than cheap booze and cheap gaming on a top spec rig. Only thing missing was poop service

Something that bothers me. Im trying to kill Skywrath mage, hes almost dead and starts running. Im right clicking him as Lina, use the first ability but hes out of range. So I use force staff, get closer to him and once my char lands he stops and auto attack the nearby creep. Seriously wtf soooo fucking annoying I didnt stop trying to attack the hero once.

Only need 4 more player cards now for the complete set

DDC, Yao, Slayer and Dendi

Anyone got any spares they'd be willing to trade? I can give you FzFz or Goblak

shira

is that really what the chinese call dota 2? lol
literal translation would be knife tower

刀塔 = Dāo tǎ = dota

Works on so many levels

Something that bothers me. Im trying to kill Skywrath mage, hes almost dead and starts running. Im right clicking him as Lina, use the first ability but hes out of range. So I use force staff, get closer to him and once my char lands he stops and auto attack the nearby creep. Seriously wtf soooo fucking annoying I didnt stop trying to attack the hero once.

You forgot the Lina checklist.

ibqnyfW3tvsjhD.gif

and turn off autoattacking in the options

Yeah what's with this. It happens whenever I try and blink icewall with invoker. He turns round and auto-attacks something after the blink the wall ends up pointing the wrong way. (guess I just need to move a step after blinking but still it's annoying.)

刀塔 = Dāo tǎ = dota

Edit: don't think that's it, it's off for me.

Yeah what's with this. It happens whenever I try and blink icewall with invoker. He turns round and auto-attacks something after the blink the wall ends up pointing the wrong way. (guess I just need to move a step after blinking but still it's annoying.)

Edit: don't think that's it, it's off for me.

Auto-attacking has its drawbacks, but it makes killing while chasing an enemy and most importantly last hits much easier. I used to switch it off when I first started Dota too, but if you want to ever play as a carry/ganker, switching it on is probably the best way to play.

shira

Auto-attacking has its drawbacks, but it makes killing while chasing an enemy and most importantly last hits much easier. I used to switch it off when I first started Dota too, but if you want to ever play as a carry/ganker, switching it on is probably the best way to play.
lina carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom