• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol enjoy trolling players that go 1-7 and try to criticize your item builds. Doing perfectly fine mid, getting a midas on invoker at 5 mins as exort, apparently scrub build. Doesn't matter I made their skywrath rq with my eul's combo, some people are just perma mad.

Sibylus

Banned
Was wondering why my game wouldn't patch and launch because of a disk write error, forgot that I had one of the game's VPK's open in GCFScape at the time.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp

Nah, it isn't (I've tried). Dota 2 uses a slightly higher engine version with some additional engine features like global illumination and stuff. The FGD contains only the entity definitions, which just make the mapper's job easier. In fact, you don't even need a Valve-provided FGD, it's a straightforward process to write your own from the decompiled map files. It's the map compiler itself that is the missing necessary element.
Dammit. So I guess we wait, then?

This may seem like a stupid question, but now that Dota 2 is "officially released" which client are you supposed to use, the Dota 2 Client or the Test Client? I presume the latter is now going to be used for actual testing of new updates and not exclusive beta access to play.

Sibylus

Banned
Dota 2 was always the main client, Test always the final QA bucket. They retain their respective purposes, the audience is just bigger.

Dota 2 was always the main client, Test always the final QA bucket. They retain their respective purposes, the audience is just bigger.

Thanks. I think I installed the Dota 2 Client back during the first international where it was publicly available but only allowed you to spectate, so I just associated the Test Client with the actual access.

shira

When can i open these summer chests?

Rookie mistake, don't buy keys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMJSWKPYko

I've linked this vid before, but it really is the best resource on how to play the King of Sand in pub games. Straight arcanes/blink with 0 farm is bitchmade and feels like it's only using about half of SK's potential when you can be splitpushing and beating up carries in the early-midgame. Since watching this, the only time I get arcanes is when my team has like 3 other mana hungry heroes on it.
My god ur posting 2009 video of Dota 1 chinese pro team to help 2013 Dota 2 soloq noob.

Could you guys tell me if my build is ok?

I use sand king mostly.
I have been recently going

belt of strength + tango
ring of health for more regen
ogre club
upgrade to sange
get talisman of evasion into heaven's halberd so that I can disable
then I upgrade ring of health all the way to bloodstone.

any other money is spent on town portals or getting some other strength/damage increasing upgrade.

Am I doing it wrong?

I've linked this vid before, but it really is the best resource on how to play the King of Sand in pub games. Straight arcanes/blink with 0 farm is bitchmade and feels like it's only using about half of SK's potential when you can be splitpushing and beating up carries in the early-midgame. Since watching this, the only time I get arcanes is when my team has like 3 other mana hungry heroes on it.

Nokterian

Did you post this for real? A video of doto 1 from a few years back,the warcraft 3 mod not in english? This is 2013 and post something you know from dota 2 a video or something but not this.

Hylian7

Just ran into a team that complained from minute zero how that we first picked PL and it was gg, because PL is OP because he "wins 90% of the games he's in". Meanwhile the most of the game is spent with us winning 4v5 teamfights top lane while our PL freefarms and pushes towers bot lane, and they ignore him...

Also I made a ballsy courier snipe with Puck about 3 minutes in. The courier was walking to TA, I orbed, jumped to it under the tower and killed it. TA chased me back to my tower and couldn't get me.

But yeah, this team was complaining in all chat that we picked PL so it was a "free win", despite their ignoring him for the most part because he is "ungankable."

Hylian7

This hasn't been updated in a while but it's still 90% accurate.

EDIT: From what is says about Abaddon, it only disables his passive until Borrowed Time passively activates which will, of course, purge Doom.

Yeah, and not only that, casting Aphotic Shield on someone that's doomed disables it. What. The. Fuck. How the hell does Doom disable Backtrack, Feast, Blur, and other passives, yet allows the passive aspect of Borrowed Time. On top of that, it's purged with Aphotic Shield...

I feel like IceFrog has some inconsistencies to work out with Doom, but maybe that will get revisited now that he's in Dota 2.

Yeah, and not only that, casting Aphotic Shield on someone that's doomed disables it. What. The. Fuck. How the hell does Doom disable Backtrack, Feast, Blur, and other passives, yet allows the passive aspect of Borrowed Time. On top of that, it's purged with Aphotic Shield..
Aphotic Shield only disables Doom if the target was doomed mid-cast (you cannot target doomed units)

JustinBB7

This article doesn't cite any actual sources or numbers, though.

Dota 2 is the #1 search on Google in South Korea I believe. Followed by other random stuff like Drama's (which is super populair in S Korea). So something surely is going on. People complaining about shady Riot tactics doesn't surprise me either so it might be true.

Why is Axe getting so much love from the Equipments department ?

It's like every release he's getting a new set.

And yet heroes like Magnus, Visage, Gyro, Tiny, Viper, Veno, doesn't even have one. lol

Forkball

Why is Axe getting so much love from the Equipments department ?

It's like every release he's getting a new set.

And yet heroes like Magnus, Visage, Gyro, Tiny, Viper, Veno, doesn't even have one. lol

Those heroes may not be updated for cosmetics. There were also some rumors that Veno was going to be redesigned, but that might've just been BS. Axe gets a lot of stuff because it's easy to throw things on him. He barely wears any clothes so you have a lot to work with, and there's a billion ideas for giant axes.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I'm about to bring my team down by autolocking Abaddon. Any tips to make the suffering a little easier?

If you like fun go to last page, follow my semi-carry build:
Phase, Drums, S&Y, Vlads, Hyperstone/Skull Basher
For early agression, get OoV. If you are mana starved, you can get an early Soul Ring.
Once you have Vlads, you can solo Rosh.

Thank me later

Those heroes may not be updated for cosmetics. There were also some rumors that Veno was going to be redesigned, but that might've just been BS. Axe gets a lot of stuff because it's easy to throw things on him. He barely wears any clothes so you have a lot to work with, and there's a billion ideas for giant axes.

I thought because they don't have any cosmetics yet they're loadout page isn't updated yet for customization.

They can add that, look at Morphling, he's just a wave with a head and arms. and yet he gets sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom