• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke

Banned
Does anyone know if Valve ever plans on fixing the "embers graphic" issue? (Or is it on Valve's end? Maybe it's an Nvidia issue?)I know it doesn't effect most players. But for some reason, the embers background makes the menu run to a slow crawl. I have two GTX680 4gb in SLI, and my PC specs are high end. I have no idea what causes this. I switched to the European blue background, and that also does the same thing.

Basically what happens is, I boot up the game, and everything runs perfect. However, once a match is over and I go back to the main menu, the embers (or blue swirls) start running REALLY slow, and it makes the menu portion of the game unbearable. This only happens in the menu section, and not in a match. So far the solution for me has been entering "dota_embers 0" in my console, as it stops the embers from loading the next time I exit a match. But I hate having to do this over and over.

I guess I should just make a config file?

Mononoke

Banned
posted by a steelseries guy on reddit, looks like it will be a mousepad tie-in

http://i.imgur.com/43WO4Fn.jpg

I'm one of those fools that bought that SUPER huge Dota 2 logo mousepad from Steelseries. Will this mousepad be smaller? I'm interested in getting it.

I don't use Nature's Prophet, I'll give someone that wants it for free. Just PM me and say "reserved" or whatever. And whoever sends it first, I'll hook up when I get it (well, when more info comes out on this gamepad lol have no idea when it goes on sale). I'll update my post in here and say when someone has reserved it.

EDIT: someone already sent me a PM. So offer is obviously closed.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LoL gaf is trying to lull us into a false sense of security so they can deny us our comebacks due to lack of a surrender function.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I'm one of those fools that bought that SUPER huge Dota 2 logo mousepad from Steelseries. Will this mousepad be smaller? I'm interested in getting it.

I don't use Nature's Prophet, I'll give someone that wants it for free. Just PM me and say "reserved" or whatever. And whoever sends it first, I'll hook up when I get it (well, when more info comes out on this gamepad lol have no idea when it goes on sale). I'll update my post in here and say when someone has reserved it.

You can likely sell the item you get and make back a good portion of whatever the item costs.

bounchfx

just did a match using an 'aura' build with some friends, I went rubick, and we also had drow, luna, undying, and vengeful spirit. At first it wasn't going great, our enemies were using smurf accounts and being smug about it, and we were down 1 to 5, but after we finally got together in a teamfight it was pretty insane. we basically melted them. They came back right after they spawned for a round 2 and we did the same thing, it was crazy. I think they lost some confidence after that, they were still playing good but their enemy sniper decided to quit out and you could tell they were all waiting for the timer to abandon so they could leave. We managed to push their base down with less than a minute left on the clock, it was intense.

highlights of the match for me was stealing sniper's ultimate and using it to finish him off.... on 3 separate occasions. It was amazing.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Got some wins last night finally. The new players are starting to come around. Starting to feel good with Abaddon. Tyte.

Artanisix

RTZ Timber. Apparently they've been running a lot of Timber mid.

I really like his Timber build, I'm going to try it out later today.

Hylian7

I was playing Tinker last night and someone on my team asked me why I wasn't Marching on the tower when there were no enemy creeps there. I told them March doesn't affect towers. They told me I was wrong.

I am right about this, right? If I'm somehow wrong, then I, and everyone I know, has been playing Tinker waaaaaaaay wrong for a long time.

Also March affecting towers would be broken as hell.

shira

I was playing Tinker last night and someone on my team asked me why I wasn't Marching on the tower when there were no enemy creeps there. I told them March doesn't affect towers. They told me I was wrong.

I am right about this, right? If I'm somehow wrong, then I, and everyone I know, has been playing Tinker waaaaaaaay wrong for a long time.

Welcome back to the trench

ksan

70/100

Dota 2 bomba

I don't know swedish. I've been told the rating was because the graphics were old and dated and they didn't like them which is like the opposite of every other review.

Ksanzabi, explain this shit.

idk, mostly explaining the game, saying that the concept is semi-old in the end, but that a lot of people will probably like it and play countless of hours
it's also worth to notice that he was a total newcomer and didn't seem to play as much as some other reviewers

second opinion (from someone else) gave it 9/10 though
from the main review said:
+Strategisk adrenalinkick, växlande tempo, tilltalande karaktärer, stort omspelningsvärde, helt gratis
-Gammalt koncept, ljummen grafik, hög inlärningskurva, ogästvänlig nätcommunity

+strategic adrenaline kick, changing tempo/pace, inviting/interesting characters, a lot of replayability, totally free
-old concept, lukewarm graphics, steep learning curve, uninviting net community

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Game was truly over at 24 minutes (over before that anyway). All towers are gone, 2 sets of barracks. I'm level 16, the rest of the team is 9/10/11. When did the game actually end? 34 minutes. Enemy team did not place one single hit on final mid towers or the ancient. Kept diving the fountain getting kills and being killed. All the while talking shit. "mad?" "lol fags" all that kind of online gaming horseshit. Ten minutes of my life well and truly wasted. But no, there's absolutely no role for a concede function in this game.

BraXzy

Just had my first Meepo game, thanks All Random -.-

I absolutely sucked with him, I just couldn't get a grips with all the microing needed, I'd usually just stick with them all together, their team had a witch doctor that kept SB stunning me and setting ult up :(

Trasher

What's the Compendium game this week?

Also, this:
BPeF-dgCMAAhlr5.jpg:large

sixghost

Just had my first Meepo game, thanks All Random -.-

I absolutely sucked with him, I just couldn't get a grips with all the microing needed, I'd usually just stick with them all together, their team had a witch doctor that kept SB stunning me and setting ult up :(

If you ever random him again, just treat Meepo as 2 units, rather than 5. Put the main Meepo on 1, the other Meepos on 2, and all of them on 3. The second group of meepos can just farm the jungle or push out lanes with a-moves and poofs, while you focus on the main meepo.

If you're getting harassed a lot in lane, just stay in exp range if possible, and wait for level 6. When you have two meepos, send the second one to farm the small camp, then stack the hard camp. Just repeat that as much as possible and you'll catch up in farm.

Tranquils and a poor man's shield should be your first two items, then disassemble your tranquils when you have 950 gold and build treads and maybe a finish an RoB since you already have the ring of protection. After that go scepter. I wouldn't recommend going blink if you don't play him too often since it's something you need to practice before trying in a match, but you still need a way to get your main meepo on top of people for a fight, so a shadowblade isn't the worst thing in the world to build since you don't need to be as quick with your poofs.

After you poof in, just stay calm, right click people, throw nets when you can, and keep your eyes on the health bars in the top left to micro away any meepo that gets lower than 50% health.

Remember to use tab to cycle through poofs and nets.

Ultrabum

If you ever random him again, just treat Meepo as 2 units, rather than 5. Put the main Meepo on 1, the other Meepos on 2, and all of them on 3. The second group of meepos can just farm the jungle or push out lanes with a-moves and poofs, while you focus on the main meepo.

If you're getting harassed a lot in lane, just stay in exp range if possible, and wait for level 6. When you have two meepos, send the second one to farm the small camp, then stack the hard camp. Just repeat that as much as possible and you'll catch up in farm.

Tranquils and a poor man's shield should be your first two items, then disassemble your tranquils when you have 950 gold and build treads and maybe a finish an RoB since you already have the ring of protection. After that go scepter. I wouldn't recommend going blink if you don't play him too often since it's something you need to practice before trying in a match, but you still need a way to get your main meepo on top of people for a fight, so a shadowblade isn't the worst thing in the world to build since you don't need to be as quick with your poofs.

After you poof in, just stay calm, right click people, throw nets when you can, and keep your eyes on the health bars in the top left to micro away any meepo that gets lower than 50% health.

Remember to use tab to cycle through poofs and nets.

Great advice IMO.

Anteo

To Trench and back and back to trench.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Supposedly the Mac and Linux clients are out, not sure if it's worth a title change or even a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom