• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
I hope Na'Vi can stick with this line-up. Going 2-3 in SL and fairly narrowly missing out on the Shanghai qualifier knockout stage is definitely disappointing, but I think they're actually looking pretty good, and almost on the cusp of being great. I don't think this is a formula that needs a big shake-up.

Artstyle should be replaced but they probably won't change anything, they had mediocre results but nothing horrible either

Also ditya ra needs some self control

KingKong

I hope Na'Vi can stick with this line-up. Going 2-3 in SL and fairly narrowly missing out on the Shanghai qualifier knockout stage is definitely disappointing, but I think they're actually looking pretty good, and almost on the cusp of being great. I don't think this is a formula that needs a big shake-up.

those wins were against a jetlagged Alliance and Spirit who went 1-4 so

They look okay, but they're not going to be impressing anyone with Artstyle on the team. If they want to actually compete in big lans they need a good to great 5 position support.

Nice fucking Furion.

nubbe

InXzt5x.gif

bounchfx

every time i decide to play dota is like another reminder of why i shouldnt play dota

its just bad decisions leading into more bad decisions

every time i decide to play dota is like another reminder of why i shouldnt play dota

I feel like typically the way to avoid feeling like this is to play with friends on voice chat; that way you're all on the same page with what's going on, you don't have randos going in when you're all screaming "get back get back" on Discord etc.

HOWEVER. This all falls apart when the people you play with have vastly different skill levels. The super pro dude gets frustrated at the noob for not doing things correctly, or even being aware of what the right thing to do is. The noob gets frustrated because he's legitimately trying but all he's hearing is that he's fucking up over and over again. The high stakes involved in a Dota game just make everyone's emotions run high, and no one likes to lose, and everyone likes to point fingers, and so even playing with friends can just disintegrate into screaming rage.

Honestly, the reason why I'm even still playing Dota is because I'm addicted to the feeling of endless self-improvement. That I can justifiably feel like I'm better at playing the game now than I was 100 games ago. That I run into situations every so often and think "Wait, I've done this before, it ended badly, I should do something else instead". But the team aspect of Dota just leads to so much rage. I hope SFV comes out and I can channel my addiction for self-improvement into that, and, unlike SF4, not feel like I'm capped out at a certain point because I can't really improve my execution that much more (plinking, option selects etc. I'm pretty glad they're deliberately toning that stuff down in SFV).

Dreavus

I feel you man. These days it has to be a minimum 4 stack for me to be interested in playing the game. I've had a few 3 stack games and we just get stuck with a pair of dudes who "don't have sound" and are clearly using another means of communication, even though we try to use in-game voice chat so everyone can hear.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have been trying to do one part of a project at work for 10 hours now. The mapping for some integration with a 3rd party service is just a pile of spaghetti. The specs for new work are horrible, the existing stuff doesn't match up with the specs of how they are supposed to work, and no one can give me any useful info. The Project Manager here knows nothing, the old devs who worked on this area have left, the and the project manager at the other company just forwards emails and won't actually answer questions, and has yet to give me real test input, test cases to try for, or acceptance criteria. I'm at the point where is going to just become me making wild assumptions about stuff since no one can give me an answer.

This entire thing is supposed to be done in 5 days
cBj1LTf.png

I have been trying to do one part of a project at work for 10 hours now. The mapping for some integration with a 3rd party service is just a pile of spaghetti. The specs for new work are horrible, the existing stuff doesn't match up with the specs of how they are supposed to work, and no one can give me any useful info. The Project Manager here knows nothing, the old devs who worked on this area have left, the and the project manager at the other company just forwards emails and won't actually answer questions, and has yet to give me real test input, test cases to try for, or acceptance criteria. I'm at the point where is going to just become me making wild assumptions about stuff since no one can give me an answer.

This entire thing is supposed to be done in 5 days
cBj1LTf.png

Welcome to software engineering Kirb!

bts_lina.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom