• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
is jungle TB still a thing with his current tools

I hate when people rush to claim jungle and end up with no boots, a naked morbid mask, a shout shield, and level 5 @ 10 mins

zZz

real lazy hero is dusa. hero is so braindead easy to execute once you understand the basic farming techniques and how to use snake effectively.

bbd23

alright so in unranked ive been able to get my rating up consistently so I say "let me try rank out to see what happens"

we are owning and then some guy complains about our prophet kill stealing him so then our prophet decideds to feed, tell the enemy our position and give them wards.

well back to unranked

alright so in unranked ive been able to get my rating up consistently so I say "let me try rank out to see what happens"

we are owning and then some guy complains about our prophet kill stealing him so then our prophet decideds to feed, tell the enemy our position and give them wards.

well back to unranked

sounds about right.

Wok

well back to unranked

This is what Ranked is for: split the community in two parts, the first part being full of try-hards and griefers, the second part being full of nice guys who just want to play.

Remember, griefers go where the try-hards go.

Hylian7

This is what Ranked is for: split the community in two parts, the first part being full of try-hards and griefers, the second part being full of nice guys who just want to play.

Remember, griefers go where the try-hards go.

False, I see more griefers in unranked.

Hell, just got a jungle Legion Commander who was TBD and we made enough space for them to farm. I held my own mid and got some nice rotation kills, but after 20 minutes legion has boots, armlet, and no blink.

They then proceed to whiff a duel, complain about lag, and DC.

Would've been better if they had DC'd at the start so stats weren't recorded.

Wok

Wasting people's time?

Well, if the griefer wants to maximize his impact, then Ranked is more effective: not only is time wasted, but with ranked, his victims are somehow try-hards who would not abandon or people who think MMR is very important for their egos.

Anyway, I have met a lot nicer players in Unranked than in Ranked on my main account. On my smurf account, where I get to meet people who want a higher MMR by playing a smurf, I get a lot more of griefers, and very dedicated ones.

Viper is my lazy hero

Crush mid by being a OP green snake
Build Mek/DL and never die in teamfights
Win game without ever doing anything of value except not die.

73V3N

Banned
Why is Jungle LC even a thing? Pick something like CM, Enigma, NP, LD if you want the ability to have lane presence and jungle.

Jungle LC is hoping the other team is dumb enough to not bother you for 20 minutes.

20?
you can get a blink in less than 8 minutes and start ganking

shira

I'd buy it. I got a good job with some money now. Send all the ugly sets my way!

Compentium when?
PqTySh4.gif

Better be soon this CDN dollar is getting ravaged

inkls

Honestly, make Lone druid entangle pseudo-random. There's no reason not to. The thing has a 5.5 sec cd.

Lost it because of source 2,

but I had a game where I got no entangles for 5 minutes straight. I downloaded the replay because of how insanely unlikely that shit was.

plsplsplsplsplsplsplspls

had my first good AM game ever, felt super impactful and wrecked the enemy team on their high ground

watch the replay, turns out my team basically won 4v5 before I even got battlefury

But most pub LC junglers wait 20 minutes for that, let's be honest here.

Yep. Whenever I see a jungler / carry that likes to farm, I always ask them in chat and over the mic how long we need to buy them time for.

Today it was a heart on Alchemist. I played out of my kind though as Ogre, so we still won. But boy did he try to throw that game.

Hylian7

Yep. Whenever I see a jungler / carry that likes to farm, I always ask them in chat and over the mic how long we need to buy them time for.

Today it was a heart on Alchemist. I played out of my kind though as Ogre, so we still won. But boy did he try to throw that game.

I think that's something that a lot of players struggle to find a balance in. I know I struggled with this for a long time, and sometimes I still might depending on how a game is going. It's something I've worked hard to improve lately.

When I started playing Dota, my general mentality was to ignore farming and just farm heroes. I would pick Pudge, or something like that and be getting kills and snowball to victory. If I was falling behind, catching up became difficult.

Later on I learned more about how important farming was, and often I would pick farming heroes and try to farm too much, ignoring the rest of the game around me, or go way too much into farming items on my particular hero (Midas Radiance Spectre, for instance). That's not to say there aren't situations where you should just try to stay away from everything and get some farm, as they happen quite often, but most often there is a balance. Some safelane carries can do wonders participating in kills early on, especially if they are being set up right there in their lane. You do have to have some restraint and not dive too far, but sometimes the carry's abilities can be critical for a setup. For instance, if you can burn most of someone's mana as Anti-Mage, then that potentially opens the gates for a kill as they won't be able to use an escape if they have one.

At the end of the day, Dota is a game about efficiency. You can farm efficiently, and if you think a teamfight will break out soon, have a TP ready. I played Medusa the other day (one of the most farm intesnive heroes), and plenty of times early on, I made the right call TPing into a fight and using my ultimate. The other team didn't see me coming, and that was a factor that turned the fight in our favor. On the flip side, sometimes you have to stay away from teamfights until you have that critical item you need (usually BKB, but could be something else).

Also why would an Alchemist need to be bought time? He should be farming faster than anyone else. I don't think he needed to have a Heart to fight, but I don't know the particular game you are referencing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I encourage anyone who's not an uncultured plebe to play That Dragon, Cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom