• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no real problem with Casual mode.

If you are playing Phoenix Mode however you might want to put the game down and go watch a movie instead or something.

That's pretty hilarious, I didn't think it was necessary for the game to get any easier than casual mode but there it is. So it's only possible to lose if you somehow lose all of your fighters(or your main character?) in one turn, which should be next to impossible even if you're actively trying to get yourself killed. Sounds like a great way for children to play the game though.

The-Onion-Obama-Button-2011.jpg

Hylian7

I cheat whenever I feel like it in singleplayer games and its not a wrong way to play those games

You take all the fun and challenge out of it, you're just ruining the game for yourself.

You specifically punished for doing this. Unlike playing an easy mode or hard mode on a single player.

The rules have always been different for multiplayer cuz you are playing with other people, even then DOTA 2 stills allow users to go stupid ass build like carry dazzle where you can win, and unlike league it won't punish you. That's one of the greatest things of this game, and one of the best things icefrog has done is opening more roles for heroes instead of sticking with the shit carry super hard support games when I started. blink was a total game changer, so was more items for supports to find kills or saving teammates and less restrictive about it.

You CAN go stupid shit like carry Dazzle, but if the other team doesn't punish it then they are just bad at the game. Just because you can do something like that doesn't mean you should. It goes back to the "Blinkn' n Slammin' Anti-Mage" thing, where yeah obviously someone did get away with that, but it's very rare, and your opponent has to be pretty bad for it to actually work.

I can sort of understand having your identity so mixed in with your hobby that you have to be sort of fascist about it. If I say I'm a Fire Emblem player and people don't immediately know I'm some sort of super rad hardcore with exquisite taste then what's the point.

How can I say I'm a gamer with any sort of pride if something like Gone Home exists? China has the right idea: don't advocate tolerance for different lifestyles, give people real-life MMR.

Hylian7

I can sort of understand having your identity so mixed in with your hobby that you have to be sort of fascist about it. If I say I'm a Fire Emblem player and people don't immediately know I'm some sort of super rad hardcore with exquisite taste then what's the point.

How can I say I'm a gamer with any sort of pride if something like Gone Home exists? China has the right idea: don't advocate tolerance for different lifestyles, give people real-life MMR.

I have never actually said anything like this, and this is just an extreme generalization. Go read my posts again.

hylian lords over all y'all from above, that deserves nothing but RESPECT

remember when he was RIGHT about reSpectHer's power and yall doubted him?

king tbh

You specifically punished for doing this. Unlike playing an easy mode or hard mode on a single player.

The rules have always been different for multiplayer cuz you are playing with other people, even then DOTA 2 stills allow users to go stupid ass build like carry dazzle where you can win, and unlike league it won't punish you. That's one of the greatest things of this game, and one of the best things icefrog has done is opening more roles for heroes instead of sticking with the shit carry super hard support games when I started. blink was a total game changer, so was more items for supports to find kills or saving teammates and less restrictive about it.

play enough "carry dazzle" and you'll be punished in plenty of ways, including heading off to the wonderful land of LP

the fact the game's mechanics allows something says nothing of its shit community
/developer

Russ T

Banned

lol nailed it

aeolist

Banned
i don't even agree with him here but 50% of hylian's "trolling" is u guys overreacting to everything he says

e. just to be clear the other half is him being unable to let anything drop

P9OFtmr.gif

So I had a thought. Since we have Moltres and Winter Wyvern is close enough to Articuno (Anivia is obviously closer but different game) when are we getting Zapdos?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Articuno was the bomb.

Moltres is a Ho-Oh wannabe.

Hylian7

P9OFtmr.gif

So I had a thought. Since we have Moltres and Winter Wyvern is close enough to Articuno (Anivia is obviously closer but different game) when are we getting Zapdos?
I couldn't put my finger on what I found unsettling on Pikachu in that trailer, but looking at they gif, it's definitely his mouth. Seeing him speak human languages is weird, but I think that game might be interesting.

Also this is another perfect opportunity to shill Pokemon Throwback: the best Pokemon romhack ever.

It's currently being overhauled but the release right now is super solid.

Kumquat

Anybody else been seeing an upswing in Earth Spirit players? Especially ones that can reach into your chest cavity, rip out your still beating heart, and then show it to you while you crumple to the ground?

Just the last week I have seen a lot of them and they almost all handed my ass to me. Was there a change I was unaware of or some pro showing how it's done for him or am I running into some kind of aberration?

Anybody else been seeing an upswing in Earth Spirit players? Especially ones that can reach into your chest cavity, rip out your still beating heart, and then show it to you while you crumple to the ground?

Just the last week I have seen a lot of them and they almost all handed my ass to me. Was there a change I was unaware of or some pro showing how it's done for him or am I running into some kind of aberration?

Well, he was added to CM and have been picked often. so now pubs are picking the hero and learning how to play the hero properly by mimicking the pros

Hylian7

who are you to tell other people how to enjoy their games though?

yes

I didn't tell anyone how to enjoy their games. I said they are getting an inferior experience, but I can't stop them from enjoying it in an inferior way.

Well, he was added to CM and have been picked often. so now pubs are learning how to play the hero properly by mimicking the pros

I thought he wasn't very successful in pro games so far. If he has had any good games in pro games, got any links? I'd like to see it.

Chris R

I leveled my vanilla WoW warrior as prot.

Resto/Staff Shaman here, only because the other specs were fucking shit until they decided to give the Alliance Shamans :<

And my Witness MMR is already at like 6.5k, I can reach 7k tonight I bet.

Kade

I didn't tell anyone how to enjoy their games. I said they are getting an inferior experience, but I can't stop them from enjoying it in an inferior way.

What if it's the superior experience to them? What if there are no absolutes when it comes to video games and people's opinions (developed and refined throughout years of exposure to video games, other media or even life experiences that may have affected how much time or patience people have for certain game systems). You have a history of referring to things as "the superior way" or "the inferior way" when in reality it's not as binary. I think I called you out on this already, I don't remember.

EDIT:http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=188801 Valve's taking feedback/suggestions for an upcoming Spring Cleaning update.

I thought he wasn't very successful in pro games so far. If he has had any good games in pro games, got any links? I'd like to see it.

Alliance vs Liquid game 1 (SL13 semis)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSJFG0v-0mY

His win rate was not high but i think thatAll it takes is a big play on a hero by a good player to get people's attention and make them want to try playing that hero. An example would be around 52:20 in the vod above

Chris R

More like what if we could make reddit actually report their bugs properly instead of just yelling "ugh volvo pls fix X".

I'd report more stuff if I didn't have to make a different account to do it on.

Granted, I've only seen a few things I can think of as "buggy" Would be nice to just have a report feature built into the replay client or whatever, but that would require a replay client that wasn't ultra buggy to begin with lol

Acinixys

If all anime posting and Hylian baiting was banned in this OT, we would get 1 or 2 posts a day max

I for one accept our shitposting overlords, since they keep this pile of garbage thread afloat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom