• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Sera

classic RPGs are timeless

are you telling me undertale isnt timeless and therefore is bad
E8G6a0L.png

Acinixys

- Improved CPU usage on low end machines

This has broken my game

Im playing with onboard gfx atm because i have no PSU big enough to run my R9 280

Since the patch ive had 20+ crashes to the desktop. No error messages or anything. The game straight up dies.

Happens 90% when you try look at the shop

Volvo please

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I dunno if i can do it anymore secret, Maybe i need to move on.

I would love to see the hero selection screen be updated to be the same as the heroes tab, Wonder if that will ever happen.

Hylian7

Just let us recharge it with the recipe again.

That never was a thing though. Looking back at the balance changelog:

Upgrading the item resets Purge charges back to 8 (can only be done once).

I specifically remember a time when Loda tried to do that (I think it was in TI3?) and it didn't work, and he had an extra useless recipe.

Did people stop buying Radiance on Spectre or am I just seeing every game with both Spec+LD on the one team?

the way people are exploiting Her in the current pro meta is buying a bunch of useful early/mid game items and Haunting to secure ganks and help the team snowball, and leaving the option of carrying harder if that's what it takes

radiance rush isn't super viable in a game with as much early action as there is now

hero is very versatile tbh, hylian was right

Acinixys

the way people are exploiting Her in the current pro meta is buying a bunch of useful early/mid game items and Haunting to secure ganks and help the team snowball, and leaving the option of carrying harder if that's what it takes

radiance rush isn't super viable in a game with as much early action as there is now

hero is very versatile tbh, hylian was right

Most pros go Phase - Urn and then just acquire gold until they see which way the game is going

Sibylus

Banned
Yup. A taste of success and some of the community's biggest names are just slobbing it around on couches, turning broadcasts into their personal community stream, and in general just stopping improving because they don't see any need. Hate the guy if you wish, but Ayesee worked his ass off. He's nowhere while BTS, Joindota, and DotaCinema just sit and commentate the goings on of their navels.

LZBOIS

I'm okay with light hearted casts when the stakes aren't very high(shit like Dream League group stages) but at an actual LAN event I don't want to hear "haha we missed first blood again lolz", at least make an attempt to do your job properly. The criticisms are mainly aimed at casters that have proven they CAN do better but couldn't be arsed to actually do better. I get that they've cast like a billion games each but that's probably also a sign that we need some fresh blood.

Most casting now is either offtopic, being ultra negative and criticising every little thing players do, or not having any clue about what they are talking about and just ending up repeating that same piece of insignificant piece of information over and over.

There is also this obsession about constant talking about nonsense even when nothing important is going on. Its becomes annoying and often leads to missing significant events.

I'm not attempting to be funny and controversial.

Dota 2 casting has always been amateurish hence why you can parachute in people with no experience in mobas to cover your games.

the fact 2gd became your leading man is proof enough.

so... is secret out of the tournament? i just saw they lost the tiebreaker

no, they are somewhere in the lower bracket they are in the quarter finals and will face OG later today
The two teams that are out are team spirit and minseki

this ehome LGD game is so back and fourth. TB Gyro vs DP Antimage

You shouldn't be able to buyback, wait 6 minutes then buyback again, you should have to die once after buying back in order to being able to buyback again after

Qvoth

didn't the am have like 50k networth? and to still lose the game after that must've hurt like hell
regarding buyback, maybe add some rng properties to it like roshan timer
1st buyback cooldown between 2-3 minutes, 2nd 3-4 minutes, and so on and so forth

Can't remove buyback, that would make the game 100% pickoff oriented
But the fact that there's basically hardly any penalty if you can turtle for 6 minutes is ridiculous, and encourages passive play

Aselith

Ok, so I have my infusable item and I have my infuser but everytime I click on the infuse item, it's all hey breh you need an infuser? Dota 2 has the most asinine treasury menus ever atm. How the actual hell do I infuse this thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom