• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

I think I had 95 seconds of disable once but we lost the game. I'm on a 6 game losing streak atm 5 of those games with bane whom I used to have a half decent winrate with. Tried a dark seer game hoping to win and add to my last 500 last hits weekly quest but we lost that too. I'm rusty as heck and I was never very good but all my teams feel wonky lately. To be fair we did manage to throw a recent game that should have been unloseable so *shrugs*.

Kind of a bummer that you have to "win" for the challenge stuff to stick, but I suppose the alternative is people joining a game to do it, then throwing to end the game faster. And I have no doubt that's exactly what people would do if it were allowed, lol.

Kind of a bummer that you have to "win" for the challenge stuff to stick, but I suppose the alternative is people joining a game to do it, then throwing to end the game faster. And I have no doubt that's exactly what people would do if it were allowed, lol.

The issue is more that they'd put in zero effort into winning the game and only focus on doing the challenge, even if it involves them feeding a lot.

Like with the stun challenge I can just play earthshaker, buy 50 mangos or clarities and just waste my stun every time it's up until I got my challenge. Now imagine like half the players doing this, it's horrendous.

Acinixys

The issue is more that they'd put in zero effort into winning the game and only focus on doing the challenge, even if it involves them feeding a lot.

Like with the stun challenge I can just play earthshaker, buy 50 mangos or clarities and just waste my stun every time it's up until I got my challenge. Now imagine like half the players doing this, it's horrendous.

Ye

Remember how garbage the PA arcana event was?

It would be like that but a million times worse

inkls

I thought that was how you normally played when we stacked?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ye

I think teamwork actually improved in that event. People were running around trying to gank and countergank and coordinated stuff in order to fulfill the challenges.

Shinypogs

As it is people focusing on challenges is causing them to lose focus of remembering they still have to win and fighting with teammates when someone else's kill steal or fighting for farm stops them from getting to to their quest item on time.

It's frustrating but eventually I'll get it, I just wish there were more viable options than spamming just the couple of heroes with the longest or the lowest cooldown stuns.

Shinypogs

I think teamwork actually improved in that event. People were running around trying to gank and countergank and coordinated stuff in order to fulfill the challenges.

Even at my scrub mmr people actually played like a team during the pa event. Vision everywhere, plenty of missing calls and responses to minimap pings, less crazy dives and stupid builds. i liked that event way more than the recent yearbeast Aka pick zeus or warlock because the refresher effect from the yearbeast makes them stupidly broken.

I thought that was how you normally played when we stacked?

No I lose games unintentionally, which is arguably worse.

The difference is that trying to fulfill that challenge improved your overall chance of winning(one team helps out their carry, the other tries to keep her unfarmed) even if it did lead to some cancerous behaviour.

kiguel182

Do the quests have to be completed in All Pick?

Because I totally bought the Arcane Boots and I didn't get the quest. Maybe because the other team went AFK and that's where our victory came from?

I still laugh when I recall that time you bloodraged the enemy gyro.

It made so much sense, "yes I bloodrage the gyro and he dies quickly", but then

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

Will never bloodrage enemy carry again.

shira

Ye

WUT? That was so much fun. It was like CSGO Dota

Find the PA or kill the target. Hats were on the line.

Good lord the BM that would come out if you could fountain farm the PA before the throne falls.

For anyone that's doing the 100 second stun challenge, you can Nightmare your allies with Bane and it'll count. So you can just secure the win(get megas or whatever) and then start a nightmare train.

Chris R

They didn't disable quests in Ranked did they?

Totally forgot how bad the compendium makes stuff with people forcing things to happen for their quests.

Shinypogs

You can also nightmare yourself and have it count which I was trying to do once it was 3 vs 4/5 but i wasn't paying enough attention and didn't get it done before the remaining people gave up and dc'd.

PA Event was by far the most fun for me out of all the event-type games so far. Granted, PA's like one of my favorite heroes, so I'm inherently biased.

What made it work for me was that it was a very tiny, organic addition to the normal game rules. You're still playing normal Dota, i.e. you want to kill the enemy's ancient. You still need a balanced line up, i.e. no constant selection of deathball heroes like the Year Beast event. PA's team just has an incentive to get PA to kill a certain target first, and the target's team has an incentive to kill PA first.

The fact that rewards were only given out if you win meant no one on my team had any reason to give up. Even if we didn't fulfill the contract, you had the satisfaction of winning the match and denying the enemy team rewards.

Shinypogs

Quest complete, now I have to farm an aghs on Jakiro before 25 mins. Seems possible but I'm not gonna rush it and sacrifice what the team actually needs. I don't even want the lich set if I actually make it to the end of the quest line I just like completing challenges.

shira

Quest complete, now I have to farm an aghs on Jakiro before 25 mins. Seems possible but I'm not gonna rush it and sacrifice what the team actually needs. I don't even want the lich set if I actually make it to the end of the quest line I just like completing challenges.

What about the buy 10 chests challenge? Are you going to do that one too?

PA Event was by far the most fun for me out of all the event-type games so far. Granted, PA's like one of my favorite heroes, so I'm inherently biased.

What made it work for me was that it was a very tiny, organic addition to the normal game rules. You're still playing normal Dota, i.e. you want to kill the enemy's ancient. You still need a balanced line up, i.e. no constant selection of deathball heroes like the Year Beast event. PA's team just has an incentive to get PA to kill a certain target first, and the target's team has an incentive to kill PA first.

The fact that rewards were only given out if you win meant no one on my team had any reason to give up. Even if we didn't fulfill the contract, you had the satisfaction of winning the match and denying the enemy team rewards.

Ahh watching dumpster tier players buy their first MKB or watching PA go shadowblade to dodge the contracts.

kvk1

Looks like it has the potential to get pretty repetitive past like 20 hours, but if the loot is good and the community isn't too stupid... Hell of an MMO, honestly.

Yeah I wrote this in another thread: MMO hooks implemented correctly in a Tom Clancy faithful setting is like the dream.

My only concern is the same as yours, that there will be little depth after 20-30 hours, or large periods of content drought that slowly dwindles the playerbase.

They've said things like this in the past: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-aiming-for-endless-gameplay/1100-6423160/

But you never know with Ubi.

Qvoth

rde9N7C.png

the left is channel (can change if it's spotty) , middle is video resolution quality (with bottom being the lowest resolution) , the right is the option for the live comments with orange being on

shira

666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

Hylian7

Is there a surefire counter to the Lifestealer Radiance + infest dragon shenanigans? I've beaten it before, but I felt like it was more a result of the other team doing it poorly. Most supports and disables are useless against it. What's the answer? Solar Crest? Something else?

Shinypogs

Winter Battle Pass Updates

Challenge Updates

Stun Heroes duration now changed from 100 to 90.
Dazzle no longer included in the hero list of "Buy Aghanim's with Hero"
Buy Aghs with hero time limit changed from 1500s to 1800s.
Towers Killed limit changed from 15 to 25.

I have a feeling Valve are going to have to keep adjusting challenges for the next few days, either because they are too easy or too hard for the majority.

Yeah I wrote this in another thread: MMO hooks implemented correctly in a Tom Clancy faithful setting is like the dream.

My only concern is the same as yours, that there will be little depth after 20-30 hours, or large periods of content drought that slowly dwindles the playerbase.

They've said things like this in the past: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-aiming-for-endless-gameplay/1100-6423160/

But you never know with Ubi.
pretty sure they'd argue Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs has "endless gameplay" too, so yeah...
are you?!
dude your avatar's back

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What hero would you recommend to do the "stun ppl for 100 seconds" challenge with

Earthshaker?

Valva has actually destroyed Dota 2. What the fuck is any of us even doing anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom