• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

DOTA has had like a 3 year dry season and the whole playerbase gets super excited about really small updates, it's hardly a thing to go all PC master race about. Plenty of people play fad games like undertale, too. If anything, DOTA is the Destiny of PC games.

Consoles are kind of dumb, sure, especially this generation, but it's sort of dismiss something millions of people (and the majority of this forum) use regularly.

I don't know much about Destiny in particular, so I don't really understand the comparison. Dota in general never really gets old to me, even when the meta was the worst (HOHO HAHA), I still enjoyed playing it.

I mean I don't get the point of being all "PC Master Race" about Dota, especially since it will run on a toaster these days.

DOTA is the Destiny of PC games

s64lBOS.gif

DOTA has had like a 3 year dry season and the whole playerbase gets super excited about really small updates, it's hardly a thing to go all PC master race about. Plenty of people play fad games like undertale, too. If anything, DOTA is the Destiny of PC games.

Consoles are kind of dumb, sure, especially this generation, but it's sort of dismiss something millions of people (and the majority of this forum) use regularly.

please elaborate because i bought destiny and thought it was probably the worst $60+ tax ive spent in years

1455051875-guesslc.png

ding ding
mega'd at 29

pugna had like 5 deaths at 4 minutes, maxed ward first, stacking with LC ofc
and you'll never guess what item he went for first ;;;)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Better then my Drow who went RoA, Morbid mask, Brown Boots, Scepter (In that order)

She didn't have boots until 20 minutes.

please elaborate because i bought destiny and thought it was probably the worst $60+ tax ive spent in years

if you try to explain why you play DOTA to a normal person, it sounds exactly like someone explaining their Destiny addiction. You explain how this new hero who has a slow, a heal that's also a nuke, and a spell that keeps someone from dying is somehow different from the hero already in the game who has a slow, a heal that's also a nuke, and a spell that keeps someone from dying. It's exactly the same as someone swearing up and down that this new rifle is different than the rifle they already have.

To the outside world it just looks like a bunch of addicts being exploited by a corporation that's slowly drip feeding them meaningless content.

1455054597-nice3stack.png

fucken love 3 man stacks
"bb is a space creating hero"
ok bro
no fucking support but people rather keep shit heroes like LC and tinker and do jackshit besides feeding rofl
this fucking game man

also love this "with pipe you'd have been invincible for 20 minutes" what

My point is that there are times when there is simply nothing to eat on consoles that you haven't already burned yourself out on.

Sure, if your greater point is that consoles at the beginning of a generation don't have as much as a mature platform like PCs. Especially if they don't have BC out the box. At this point though there's plenty enough on my Xbox that if it were my only platform I'd be pretty happy.

KingKong

Consoles were great previous generations (and the Wii U still is) but now that devs have given up even getting a consistent 30fps non buggy experience because they can patch it later most people would be better off with a PC

Twookie

idk why but i was really thinking i was going to get beta access to overwatch this time and now that i know that i didn't get it this time either my day feels shitty for some reason

guess i'll have to go back to good ol' dotes once again :|

can ffxv come out soon?

Hylian7

Consoles were great previous generations (and the Wii U still is) but now that devs have given up even getting a consistent 30fps non buggy experience because they can patch it later most people would be better off with a PC

Agreed, I haven't had any desire to buy an Xbone or PS4. I've just got PC, Wii U, and 3DS.

can ffxv come out soon?
spring 2017 mate
Yeah this console generation is a fucking mess but people ask for more anyway
Sure, if your greater point is that consoles at the beginning of a generation don't have as much as a mature platform like PCs. Especially if they don't have BC out the box. At this point though there's plenty enough on my Xbox that if it were my only platform I'd be pretty happy.
About 3 years in = "beginning of a generation" ? Generations are like what, 6-7 years long ? Man. Each platform has like 1 exclusive game worth getting as of now, except for wii U which has been around for a bit longer but is soon to die for NX whatever that'll be. It's a fucking drought

Had to play Death Prophet for daily hero quest and yikes, haven't played her in forever but I was surprised at how awful she controlled. The cast time on her swarm and silence, yuck. 0.5s

Fortunately the enemy gave up like 5mins in so, that was nice.

Dreavus

Starting to think I'll have to reconsider the Battle pass next time, if they do another one. The betting is quite fun but as for leveling up there's no way I play enough dota to finish all of these "quests". Dunno what it is about it, but having to complete the objective and win is throwing me for a loop.

Maybe I should try a few AP games and just pick what I need, but I might hate myself if I do that (I usually play RD with a stack). The (new) new bloom one, despite being "easier" is probably not going to happen for me in the allotted time frame either.

You only get the extra set if you completely complete one path right?

Btw. do your team a favor and don't get Aghs unless the enemy really has no good split pushing / aoe clean whatsoever.

Had the joy of seeing several Nature's Prophet's ruin my or the enemy team's chances by getting Aghs and Refresher and accomplishing little more than feeding the enemy Spectre, Ember, Zeus etc. a lot of trees and not contributing in teamfights because you have no rightclick or utility. That you take away from your own team's farm is usually a detriment, too.

Red UFO

favourite thing in the world is when people are adamant that their mid was easy despite the fact you spanked them

12698630_10153921538347744_8138337413539785956_o.jpg

who on earth are they trying to kid????

fr0st

Banned
anyone watching arteezy stream right now?

he went 28-1 with ODbut with the help of omni

still ridiculous that he is able to 2 shot some heroes.

Hylian7

Dota pet peeve: "I'm going to throw this game because x doesn't deserve to win."

Those kinds of people are the worst. I just had one today.

Can't stand OD right now. His gameplay design is just shit with so little synergy. To make up for this new, major lack of synergy they eventually just buffed Arcane Orb into ridiculousness territory and that's that. 5 int stolen per hit? K.

k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom