• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
sgbs5Qw.png

player_behavior_score_last_report: 9627

I guess i am pretty non-toxic :eek:

Does anyone know of a fix for that bug where it has previously bound keys still acting as the current bound key to something? This has always been a problem, even in Source 1, and it still happens and fucked me here in Source 2.

What I mean is basically, I have my items on Alt+QWEASD. My BKB was in my 6th slot (Alt+D), I was trying to make my Manta Illusions tank Rosh, so I tried to press M, but instead I accidentally pressed N, which for some reason activated my BKB. I know one of the default item binds is ZXCVBN.

try editing the autoexec.cfg ?

or try this ( i have not tried itmyself but seems useful)
D-OPTIMIZER Reborn - autoexec.cfg showcase http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408986743

sephi22

I'm late but thanks to those who replied to my Lich diss post. I'm dogshit at this game so I'll try him in the offlane and see if he's fun now.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I find it odd that I'm still the only person in my circle of friends to be in the Overwatch beta and I actively loathe Blizzard while the rest of the dudes I play games with worship their trash.

I was in the last phase of the closed beta too and aside from some tutorial and bot matches I barely touched it. Actually played a full match against people this time. It doesn't seem that fun IMO. The map I played on was a Battlefield style gold rush, attack/defend map and we were defending. It seemed way too easy for the enemy to take over our stuff and I lost even tho I got a bunch of kills. I don't get these type of asymmetrical objective maps. That doesn't seemed like a balanced way to present the game if you're trying to make it an esport as hard as Blizzard is.

kionedrik

sigh... another post, another meme.

I was in the last phase of the closed beta too and aside from some tutorial and bot matches I barely touched it. Actually played a full match against people this time. It doesn't seem that fun IMO. The map I played on was a Battlefield style gold rush, attack/defend map and we were defending. It seemed way too easy for the enemy to take over our stuff and I lost even tho I got a bunch of kills. I don't get these type of asymmetrical objective maps. That doesn't seemed like a balanced way to present the game if you're trying to make it an esport as hard as Blizzard is.

I can't remember the last big online game that wasn't asymmetrical in some way, even MOBAs are asymmetrical in various aspects. Overall arena fighters/shooters are pretty much dead, save from some very rare exceptions, now everything is squad/objective based so Blizzard is only following the trend and marketing the game where there's money to be made.

For the last 10 games, I've said from the jump..." hey guys I'll play anything even 5 position...just pick whatever you want." Teammates will quickly pick supports and end up handing me 1 or mid...
wtzgU.gif
I'm not complaining but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting.

For the last 10 games, I've said from the jump..." hey guys I'll play anything even 5 position...just pick whatever you want." Teammates will quickly pick supports and end up handing me 1 or mid...
wtzgU.gif
I'm not complaining but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting.

Every time we have no carry potential I have said to the guy who hasn't picked yet to play carry. They pick crystal maiden every time

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
sigh... another post, another meme.

I can't remember the last big online game that wasn't asymmetrical in some way, even MOBAs are asymmetrical in various aspects. Overall arena fighters/shooters are pretty much dead, save from some very rare exceptions, now everything is squad/objective based so Blizzard is only following the trend and marketing the game where there's money to be made.

Blizzards other "esport" HotS is pretty symmetrical. All map objectives are the same on both sides.

It just seems weird for a game with so much variation just in the way you can compose a team with its various heroes to have maps where each side is trying to do such a vastly different thing. I used to play a lot of Battlefield and for some reason it didn't bother me there as much as it did in Overwatch.

Blizzards other "esport" HotS is pretty symmetrical. All map objectives are the same on both sides.

It just seems weird for a game with so much variation just in the way you can compose a team with its various heroes to have maps where each side is trying to do such a vastly different thing. I used to play a lot of Battlefield and for some reason it didn't bother me there as much as it did in Overwatch.
It's fine if you switch sides like tf2 or cs

Chris R

Ok so the plan is

a) Get my roommate to buy a new laptop that isn't infested with every single kind of spyware possible
b) Reconfigure the network to guarantee my desktop priority, moving any of his wifi traffic to the back of the line

I hope that fixes the lag issues. It only happens when he is home so it has to be related to his laptop/traffic. Coming back to life, only to try to TP into a team fight that was actually done 10 seconds ago meaning you die before you can do a single thing SUCKS. It's weird though because lag was only showing ~100ms unlike other nights when it was showing 5000ms+

We should have probably won the game I played last night, but I died three times in 5 minutes, first because I'm bad, other two because of the lag.

Chris R

i'm surprised he agreed to this

or, does he not know

He doesn't know. If his laptop is disrupting the network (almost 100% positive it is) by making Dota unplayable, as well as causing other roommates Netflix to stop playing by saturating the bandwidth it's going on the shit list.

I'm going to offer to clean his laptop to try to remove whatever rootkit/torrent virus he has on it now, but in the meantime QoS on the Laptop's MAC Address is the easiest solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom