• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihs8IzX.png

gai_shain

Can people stop wasting 3k gold on silver edge and throwing the game that way, jesus.
Silver edge so good vs viper and wraith king better waste 3k gold on it and do no damage whatsoever.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Remember when shugg and liquid said secret were trash??????????????????????????

Remember when everybody said Alliance was back? What about when everybody said OG was the new hotness after winning Frankfurt? What about when they said Chinese Dota wasn't a puddle of soupy, frothy shitsauce? It's fucking Dota 2. There are like a dozen teams that are competitive at the top levels of this game and any of them is liable to get hot at any given time. A team winning a LAN means they are among that dozen and not much more.

Pratfall

Remember when everybody said Alliance was back? What about when everybody said OG was the new hotness after winning Frankfurt? What about when they said Chinese Dota wasn't a puddle of soupy, frothy shitsauce? It's fucking Dota 2. There are like a dozen teams that are competitive at the top levels of this game and any of them is liable to get hot at any given time. A team winning a LAN means they are among that dozen and not much more.

So what you are saying is that claiming a team is trash over and over again is foolish?

What is the point of lucario

Swords dance sweeper with access to extremespeed, mostly. He also has a strong and unique typing that gives him a great offensive STAB (fighting) and a shitload of resistances (steel). That, plus 4x stealth rock resistance and immunity to sandstorm and toxic spikes, allow him to switch in once or twice despite being so frail. He can also run an ok special attack set to blow up physical walls expecting to come in on swords dance/close combat.

I never used him but he was scary af, at least in gen 4. If you want to learn more I suggest going to http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/lucario/ou/.

Thank you for listening.

Pratfall

Swords dance sweeper with access to extremespeed, mostly. He also has a strong and unique typing that gives him a great offensive STAB (fighting) and a shitload of resistances (steel). That, plus 4x stealth rock resistance and immunity to sandstorm and toxic spikes, allow him to switch in once or twice despite being so frail. He can also run an ok special attack set to blow up physical walls expecting to come in on swords dance/close combat.

I never used him but he was scary af, at least in gen 4. If you want to learn more I suggest going to http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/lucario/ou/.

Thank you for listening.

This is the worst thing you have ever written.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So what you are saying is that claiming a team is trash over and over again is foolish?

Not at all. A team can be trash and still win games. Secret has proven that. So did OG. Complexity got close. I hope they trash their way to at least a grand final in Manilla!

LiQuid!

Real answer, here, in my opinion, are probably the least trashiest teams in Dota 2.

MVP. They're the least trash and it's not even close between them and 2nd place. They embody struggle in a way you or I could never know
EG. Most of those kids has put in work to get where they are and they have the single best captain in all of Dota 2.
Alliance. There's a real example to be taken from Alliance who have gotten by for years on the power of friendship alone. Results have obviously not been consistent, but even thru spats and breakups they have remained brothers.
Fnatic/SEA FotM team. Mushit and whatever cream he can skim off the top of the cesspool that is SEA Dota have earned the right to be among the top teams
Every CIS team. They probably work doubly harder than any other region and with very rare exceptions the heights they reach are merely mediocrity. They are still to be respected, even if they CYKA BLYAT up Euro pub games.

Peru/Sudamerica teams are kind of in their own class. They are definitely trash of the highest caliber, but they are like Dota anarchists. I wish they were good enough to compete on an international level more often because Dota needs that kind of awful, unhinged bullshit more than it needs yet another Eurotrash Dream Team like Secret or OG.

Demoli

Thank you for listening.

WTH, since when was Aegislash Uber?

Real answer, here, in my opinion, are probably the least trashiest teams in Dota 2.

MVP. They're the least trash and it's not even close between them and 2nd place. They embody struggle in a way you or I could never know
EG. Most of those kids has put in work to get where they are and they have the single best captain in all of Dota 2.
Alliance. There's a real example to be taken from Alliance who have gotten by for years on the power of friendship alone. Results have obviously not been consistent, but even thru spats and breakups they have remained brothers.
Fnatic/SEA FotM team. Mushit and whatever cream he can skim off the top of the cesspool that is SEA Dota have earned the right to be among the top teams
Every CIS team. They probably work doubly harder than any other region and with very rare exceptions the heights they reach are merely mediocrity. They are still to be respected, even if they CYKA BLYAT up Euro pub games.

Peru/Sudamerica teams are kind of in their own class. They are definitely trash of the highest caliber, but they are like Dota anarchists. I wish they were good enough to compete on an international level more often because Dota needs that kind of awful, unhinged bullshit more than it needs yet another Eurotrash Dream Team like Secret or OG.

and only one of these teams is in the shanghai top 3
dac15_fantastic.gif

LiQuid!

You think you personally would be at 5k if you spammed invoker and such?
Probably not. I'm 35 years old. I'd peak at like 3k-4k if I spammed nothing but OP stuff. Keep in mind, I calibrated my MMR in 2014 and have played maybe 5-10 solo ranked games since, so I dunno how accurate my 2.5k solo MMR even is at this point. I don't tryhard when I play dota. I random unless we specifically need a support and I'm actively shit with 80% of all heroes.

and only one of these teams is in the shanghai top 3
dac15_fantastic.gif
Like I said, results aren't important on whether or not a team is trash.

Puppey/Kuro/Whoever trying to assemble a Dota dream team out of free agents and players swiped from other teams = trash. Complexity dropping all their US players in lieu of Swedish ringers = trash.

I value heart in Dota players. You guys can jump on your bandwagons and care about cold hard stats, LAN placements and W's and L's and that's fine. If winning a LAN proves a team isn't trash to you than that's fine. I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life.

LiQuid!

Aren't alliance the original eurotrash dream team

How do you figure that?? They had the humblest of beginnings and have remained largely all Swedish, and mostly all the same 5 guys... They don't cherry pick their players to try and min/max their positions.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
How do you figure that?? They had the humblest of beginnings and have remained largely all Swedish, and mostly all the same 5 guys... They don't cherry pick their players to try and min/max their positions.
I Thot it was basically assembled out of good players from other teams

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Would anyone care about EG if they weren't singlehandedly bucking the trend of na teams being trash? Seems a bit weird to say u don't care about cold hard stats and wins and losses and then stan last year's TI winners and one of the most successful teams playing atm......

LiQuid!

I Thot it was basically assembled out of good players from other teams

I wasn't following them at the time but from what I read Loda and Akke had the all Swedish team idea and joined NTH who already had Bulldog and S4 on it, then they just kicked EE for EGM. All respectable moves imo. I don't really know what NTH did before it went all Swede, but they've been above board since the name change.

Would anyone care about EG if they weren't singlehandedly bucking the trend of na teams being trash? Seems a bit weird to say u don't care about cold hard stats and wins and losses and then stan last year's TI winners and one of the most successful teams playing atm......

I mean it's kind of irrelevant. Old Man Fear has had stans since long before EG became a winning team. PPD and Universe have been kicking around in the NA scene for a long ass time too and are equally deserving of respect. For what it's worth, I don't stan EG as much as Alliance, even being from NA myself. I think they're a good team and I like to see them win, but I've liked seeing NA teams win since the old dark horse Liquid days at TI3.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
How are you gonna say that people only care about secret for their cold hard stats and wins...because.....what wins?

LiQuid!

Secret won some shit last year. Marginal shit, but it was still wins. I remember bandwagoners busting nuts over it.

I'd support EG if they didn't have arteezy, simple as that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom