• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition (Out Now)

Plankfan

After I click the "Download to PS4" button, it just hangs like this indefinitely. Any ideas?
FnFPjPw.png

There's opinion, and then there's being completely unable to see things from other perspectives. I might think Skyrim is a bad game for example, but I can still understand what other people are getting out of it.

That is why I said he was wrong. I even said that in the part you quoted. It doesn't mean he's bad at racing games.

Noobcraft

Anyone else getting awful download speed for this? Mine downloads at like 200kb/s for a few minutes, shoots to ~20mbps for a minute, then goes back to super slow.

CREMSteve

Dunno what's up then, no rush anyway.
I was incorrect, the game downloaded enough to let me launch, but the actual full game is still dl'ing in the background. Tricky ps4, lol.

It's actually going to be about an hour or so before it's completely dl'ed.

How does buying expansion pack with PS+ version work? If you buy the tour pack but don't have access to that location its going to be wasted.

How does buying expansion pack with PS+ version work? If you buy the tour pack but don't have access to that location its going to be wasted.

They changed how the tour stuff works a while back, if you have unlocked the tour you can do that event even if you don't have the car and in the case of the PS+ version I'm assuming similarly to Startline Tour you also get access to the track even though you can play it in other modes.

BigDug13

So those links in the OP don't really work for me. So the title of this thread was updated but without changing the OP, it becomes confusing as I seem to only have access to the full game trial.

They changed how the tour stuff works a while back, if you have unlocked the tour you can do that event even if you don't have the car and in the case of the PS+ version I'm assuming similarly to Startline Tour you also get access to the track even though you can play it in other modes.

Well in that case you don't have to buy the game at all, just buy season pass since it has more than 3 times the events than the base game.

So those links in the OP don't really work for me. So the title of this thread was updated but without changing the OP, it becomes confusing as I seem to only have access to the full game trial.

That's correct, it's just poor wording and they are working with PlayStation to try to fix at the moment. It's not actually a trial, but downloading that will get you the PS+ edition.

Lgndryhr

Just logged in via Firefox, clicked download, purchase, etc. It is downloading to my PS4 while I am at work. Very curious about this game. Have held off on $20 price point for physical copy or this to come out.

Well in that case you don't have to buy the game at all, just buy season pass since it has more 3 times the events than the base game.

I personally prefer the single events over the tour mode, much more interested in setting things up the way I like and where the real meat of the game lies. But in terms of cars most of my personal favourites are all in the DLC but I wouldn't be able to play the best combinations if I just stuck to the DLC as I would have to stick to whatever the tour gives me. So ultimately it really just depends on how people like to play their racing games, if they just like doing set objectives then the DLC would probably be a better option but if they like freedom then the main game would be better.

Just logged in via Firefox, clicked download, purchase, etc. It is downloading to my PS4 while I am at work. Very curious about this game. Have held off on $20 price point for physical copy or this to come out.
If you like sim racers youll like this game, otherwise youre going to be bored to death.

If you like sim racers youll like this game, otherwise youre going to be bored to death.

Come on man,
I've played the mini cooper challenge and it felt very arcade like,
very fun. The game is not just some sim racing game.

I don't even racing games, and I had so much fun do to the high quality graphics and sound,
the love for racing starts later.

There is really no excuse I believe anyone that has PS+ should download this and give it a try, I guarantee that we will see way more Driveclub fans emerging int the next days to come.

Nyx

I personally prefer the single events over the tour mode, much more interested in setting things up the way I like and where the real meat of the game lies. But in terms of cars most of my personal favourites are all in the DLC but I wouldn't be able to play the best combinations if I just stuck to the DLC as I would have to stick to whatever the tour gives me. So ultimately it really just depends on how people like to play their racing games, if they just like doing set objectives then the DLC would probably be a better option but if they like freedom then the main game would be better.

Same for me, the Tour Events are nice but most of the time I make a single event myself.

I did buy the season pass though because I wanted all those cars, no regrets.

Come on man,

I don't even racing games, and I had so much fun do to the high quality graphics and sound,

There is really no excuse I believe anyone that has PS+ should download this and give it a try, I guarantee that we will see way more Driveclub fans emerging int the next days to come.

Wait till you get to the super and hyper class cars, that Mini Cooper challenge sure is fun but if you drive at twice the speed... Dayum!

Come on man,

Didnt tell him not to try, im simply trying to keep his expectations in check. It might not be a hardcore sim like gran turismo but its still a sim.

oddjobs

ugh, got the game and the game content downloaded but now the 10 gig patch is taking ages... do I need it to play?

edit: yes, I apparently do :(

Seanspeed

Banned
Didnt tell him not to try, im simply trying to keep his expectations in check. It might not be a hardcore sim like gran turismo but its still a sim.
You aren't keeping expectations in check by telling him it's a 'sim', though. Nobody really considers it a sim(because its really not one) so calling it that will give him a misleading impression of what it is. GT is not really a hardcore sim, either.

I'm a big sim racer, but DriveClub isn't really my type of game.

Because it's not a sim.

Top Bottom