• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition (Out Now)

//ARCANUM

They never promised the full game. I don't know why people keep thinking that was the case

i could have sworn that at their e3 conference they announced that Driveclub would be the first free PS4 game on PS+ at launch. Then they later said it would be a "ps+ edition".

IKizzLE

Remember when the whole game was gonna be given away with PS + at launch? Lol. What a long way we've fallen to now be excited that they're releasing a demo.

EDIT - NEVERMIND I REMEMBERED THIS INCORRECTLY. CARRY ON.
You should rewatch the ps4 announcement and e3 2013 again. You look bad when you don't fact check.

Justified

Rym3hm7ee5zMnRTG80OJhI19YbFQK-9QBS1VksrqJQKQ=w766-h336-no

Is everyone else DL list the same? or did I get the Full version also?

Bluenoser

Just to confirm process to DL the full game trial?
After that, it queues up a 10GB update file, and a 2.7GB game file.
But once the game file is downloaded and installs, it re-queues as a 15.7GB application file with 2.7/15.7GB downloaded.

Is this the experience everyone else had too?

LakeEarth

Download still won't trigger, stuck "thinking" after clicking the button. I tried switching browsers and everything, it's just not working for me.

Wasn't calling you a bitch! I was agreeing with you and then added the comment about free. :)
Fair enough :p

Yup. Always listening ;)
Rushy is a Kinect camera confirmed.

But once the game file is downloaded and installs, it re-queues as a 15.7GB application file with 2.7/15.7GB downloaded.

Can you play after the 2.7GB? I assume when people commented on that before when it went live by mistake that the 2.7GB was the PlayGo portion, allowing you to play whilst the remaining 15GB downloads.

neoism

Download still won't trigger, stuck "thinking" after clicking the button. I tried switching browsers and everything, it's just not working for me.

i went on the online site and downloaded it there but then had to go to my library and start it....

Rudakus

Remember when the whole game was gonna be given away with PS + at launch? Lol. What a long way we've fallen to now be excited that they're releasing a demo.

EDIT - NEVERMIND I REMEMBERED THIS INCORRECTLY. CARRY ON.

I know you edited it but they did originally say it was "the full game minus a few cars/tracks."
But whatever I'm excited to finally give this a shot this weekend.

Baleoce

Can't wait for my broadband to finally come. I can download this, diablo 3 ros, and ground zeroes. My PS4 will suddenly spring to life xD

Bluenoser

Fair enough :p

Rushy is a Kinect camera confirmed.

Can you play after the 2.7GB? I assume when people commented on that before when it went live by mistake that the 2.7GB was the PlayGo portion, allowing you to play whilst the remaining 15GB downloads.

Not sure- haven't tried yet, but will shortly.

Phinor

Over 8 hours after starting the download with my 100Mbit connection that Steam manages to mostly max out (and Xbox One at least does a decent job with), I have downloaded a total of 8.445GB of Driveclub. Wireless, wired, doesn't matter. Never does. Restarting doesn't help, this is all PSN gives me. In the same time frame, I would have downloaded 250GB+ from Steam even during big game launches like GTA 5.

I didn't think it was possible but PSN is worse than ever before. Oh well, only 28 hours to go. This isn't the digital future, this is what Internet was 15 years ago for me.

Is the demo essentially the Full Game BUT with most of the content locked?
Then when I purchase the upgrade from the store, it simply gives me all the content?

Because Full Game & Demo both appear as 14.7 GB downloads for me on the store

NewDust

I believe the system works as follows:

• 2.7GB is part of the playgo system, which is part of the
  • 15.7GB full version
  • 10GB is the patchfile, which also includes all dlc

After this only new patches (released after today) should have to be downloaded, as DLC are just unlock files.

Is the demo essentially the Full Game BUT with most of the content locked?
Then when I purchase the upgrade from the store, it simply gives me all the content?

Because Full Game & Demo both appear as 14.7 GB downloads for me on the store

That is exactly what it is. When you pay to "unlock" the full game, if you chose to do so, everything else is unlocked. You are downloading the full game right now, but until you pay, you will only be able to play the Plus Edition India Tracks and drive the Plus Edition Cars.

However, you can still get all trophies, even the Platinum Trophy, just by playing the Plus Edition.

That is exactly what it is. When you pay to "unlock" the full game, if you chose to do so, everything else is unlocked. You are downloading the full game right now, but until you pay, you will only be able to play the Plus Edition India Tracks and drive the Plus Edition Cars.

However, you can still get all trophies, even the Platinum Trophy, just by playing the Plus Edition.

Great! Good to know. Thanks

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why is the "welcome to driveclub" event the last fucking thing to download?

Idk man... I really don't.

Wouldn't be so bad if PSN wasn't such hot garbage for DL speeds. But it is for so many of us, and they put the first event on the backend? Okay. smh.

Why is the "welcome to driveclub" event the last fucking thing to download?

Idk man... I really don't.
If that's what I think it is its a new introduction tour they added to the game pretty recently because the game has changed a bunch since release - with weather being a huge feature that wasn't in any of the launch game's tour events.

leadbelly

Banned
At 2.3GB it was saying 90 minutes until downloaded. Turned PS4 off and on again and it now says 3 minutes. I suppose that is one trick to getting a better download speed.

I can't believe you still can't pause or stop a download.

DayEnder

At 2.3GB it was saying 90 minutes until downloaded. Turned PS4 on and off again and it now says 3 minutes.I suppose that is one trick to getting a better download speed.

I can't believe you still can't pause or stop a download

You can, just go to Notifications->Downloads->Select the one you want and pause it with X.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What? How are people suggesting to pause/resume downloads are doing it, then?

Well, you can't pause the DL if you have the Driveclub application running. You have to close DC and then you can pause and resume in the notifications tab.

lol. seriously.

MaxiLive

Sony's servers weren't ready! Downloading at a steady 2mb a sec out of my available 20!

Bring on 7 hours time when I'll be in bed :D

So are PS+ people segregated from the retail players, or will retail players see a PS+ edition capable MP playlist amongst the others?

It'd be fun for 5 minutes to completely mug the new players.

Sony's servers weren't ready! Downloading at a steady 2mb a sec out of my available 20!

Bring on 7 hours time when I'll be in bed :D
Exactly my symptoms last night trying to grab the Batman patch, around 20 pauses eventually gave me a decent speedy server.

I'm downloading this even though I have it on disk (with the season pass and the Ferrari short-cut purchased). I may even to decide to unlock the PS+ version to the full game, since its now only $24.99 for PS+ users. Besides, I got the disk version for free via Target's B2G1 sale last year.

KiraXD

was able to get this around 4am PST playing it now... one question... i thought i could get platinum with PS+ edition...

But i cant do challenges without upgrading to full, so i cant get challenge related trophies with PS+

or is this one of the locked-until-server-stability-is-good features?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Holy Shit. This game is stunning. Wow. I've read so much about the visuals, but finally playing the game itself is flooring me right now. On top of all this, there's a great arcade/sim feel to the controls that strikes a sweet spot in difficulty. Reminds me of Rallisport Challenge 2 in that regard.

The motion blur is godly in this--and I hate motion blur generally. Man. Good stuff.

Top Bottom