• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
tumblr_mhfyhvIsQY1rkeh8to4_500.gif

Pretty much... LOL

zeemumu

Ah, music. One of the things that I don't know too much about, apart from Daft Punk.

And film/game soundtracks.

I used to be like that. You kinda just have to jump in and see what you find. Spotify and Pandora are good places to start. Or talk to your friends. Friends who are into music are always eager to show their bands to other people so that they have someone to discuss them with. I'm going to warped tour and there's only one band playing that I have any interest in but I'm gonna wing it.

The Megas and Powerglove are two bands that I think you'd really enjoy.

NinjaBoiX

Still posting tunes, cool (I like Arcade Fire trans):

Lianne La Havas - Gone (live at The Slaughtered Lamb)

Great performance, and I love the building quiet/loud dynamics of the verse then choruses. The first set are at a similar intensity, then she sings the second verse more softly but belts out the second chorus. By the last verse she almost whispering, then just let's loose on the final chorus.

Quality, she's awesome.

zeemumu

We need an online game that we can all play here. Some crazy group shit.

Well if any of you guys have steam accounts I can add you and we can play L4D2, or Portal 2.

I'll never go back to WoW. I was stuck in that hole for 3 years, my social life went to shit, and so did the rest of me. I'm almost done repairing the damage so I won't go back to that. Minecraft might be fine, though. I pay that game a visit every so often. GTA 4's online would be a frickin riot to play with you guys.

So Ninja inspired me to make my own thread about a band. Mine's about The Hotelier/Hotel Year. Pls post.

I used to be like that. You kinda just have to jump in and see what you find. Spotify and Pandora are good places to start. Or talk to your friends. Friends who are into music are always eager to show their bands to other people so that they have someone to discuss them with. I'm going to warped tour and there's only one band playing that I have any interest in but I'm gonna wing it.

The Megas and Powerglove are two bands that I think you'd really enjoy.

Don't go to Warped Tour

TrueGrime

But this is a game.

LOL. Jesus guys.

Well if any of you guys have steam accounts I can add you and we can play L4D2, or Portal 2.

I'll never go back to WoW. I was stuck in that hole for 3 years, my social life went to shit, and so did the rest of me. I'm almost done repairing the damage so I won't go back to that. Minecraft might be fine, though. I pay that game a visit every so often. GTA 4's online would be a frickin riot to play with you guys.

I was thinking something along the lines of something free and PC that you can just jump into. I have something in mind but I have to wait until I get hooooome.

And possibly after my two hour nap that I have the urge to take.

AcridMeat

Banned
Linkin Park- The Final Masquerade

Artificial Fear- Oath to Order

Good Riddance-Green Day

Africa-Toto

My music taste is not situated in a single genre. I like to jump around. I know Good Riddance is an old song but it's my favorite. Acoustic guitar for quiet nights and metal for getting pumped. I could use recommendations for sunset music, though.
Doesn't fit what you posted but this is the best music for the end of a summer day with the sun setting.

The Paradise - In Love With You

The fact you called Good Riddance old pains me.

zeemumu

Doesn't fit what you posted but this is the best music for the end of a summer day with the sun setting.

The Paradise - In Love With You

The fact you called Good Riddance old pains me.

I consider most things to be old after a decade. Not "classic" old, just "no longer current" old. In no way am I trying to insult the song. It's fantastic.

Argh.

>find job that pays $80k a year for an ENTRY LEVEL position
>fuck yeah.jpg
>go to requirements
>need valid CALIFORNIA license
>FUCK

What was the job? You can borrow my driver's license if you can pass for a 19 year old black guy.

NinjaBoiX

Edit: oh trans, you cheeky monkey.

(what did he do?)
Ultraviolence. Oh lord.

So much good.
I'm going to purchase it on one of those compact disc things at my local record emporium like a good patron.

I'm old school, I like to look at the sleeve and stuff. And I assume there will be loads of moody shots of Lana pouting and things, cool.
I will continue to resist. Forever.
lDY41mG.gif

I need an outlet for my gif tick, that Funky Papa post was tough to let fly. I can't shit up another bands thread with Hayley gifs. That's just rude. I had to post one for G-Fex though, I think he crushes harder than I do.

I'm going to purchase it on one of those compact disc things at my local record emporium like a good patron.

I'm old school, I like to look at the sleeve and stuff. And I assume there will be loads of moody shots of Lana pouting and things, cool.

Pictures of the booklet did look pretty nice.

It's definitely not Born To Die Part 2. Has a very different sound and style throughout. A lot more stripped back in a lot of the songs. It's quite mint if I do say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom