• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

For sure, the Zelda rankings always change. For me favorites are:

Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
A Link Between Worlds

Honorable mention to OoT 3D. The original is such a shitty looking mess now, the remake was so good.

I approve of your taste!

I haven't played Link's awakening. I never had a GB
I played Majora's Mask on the Wii, but somehow I really couldn't get into it. That time-system simply doesn't work for me. I liked the atmosphere though.
A Link Between Worlds still awaits me :p

I never played Link to the Past. Or beat Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. I'm filthy.

I guess it's time for me to confess.

The only Zelda game I've played is Twilight Princess.

tumblr_lta3b1KmAv1qii6tmo1_500.gif

NinjaBoiX

Woah, my bro just rang, he just split with his missus which is where I was going to be staying when I moved down. So we need to find a new place to live.

Life and things.

Anyway, let's post primo pop music from days of yore:

The Cardigans - Erase/Rewind

All Saints - Black Coffee

Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart

Beans stirred, me likey.
I heard you didn't enjoy it. Can't do Brighton myself. What's this September business?
The main, big meets are every three months, the next on is due at the end of September, the same time as the Eurogamer Expo. I'm just going to meet up with people after.

What's the Brighton thing? RobotNinjaHornets mini meet?

NinjaBoiX

Thanks Lisa, at least someone cares...

gYhVLZw.gif

But seriously, head is in bits right now! My bro seems OK, he's been wanting to do it for a while. But it makes things a fair bit trickier for me. Stress levels x10. Michelle was really cool too, I liked her a lot.

I need a hug.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

gYhVLZw.gif

But seriously, head is in bits right now! My bro seems OK, he's been wanting to do it for a while. But it makes things a fair bit trickier for me. Stress levels x10. Michelle was really cool too, I liked her a lot.

I need a hug.

Sending ehugs your way bro. And maybe real ones soon

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
All the best, Owen! I'm sure you'll figure something out :) You're a smart boy!

gYhVLZw.gif

I need a hug.

tumblr_inline_mu9iwipo5G1r8ewoi.gif

I can be supportive too innit!

NinjaBoiX

Thanks guys, yous is the bestest. I just need to pull my head out of my arse and sort shit. Things need done innit.
Sending ehugs your way bro. And maybe real ones soon
Aww, she's such a sweetheart. Take good care of this one buf, she's a keeper.

(And come and visit me in August!)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Thanks guys, yous is the bestest. I just need to pull my head out of my arse and sort shit. Things need done innit.

Aww, she's such a sweetheart. Take good care of this one buf, she's a keeper.

(And come and visit me in August!)

<3

(I'll try my hardest)

If she wants to dance and drink all night
Well there's no-one that can stop her
She's going 'til the house lights come up
Or her stomach spills onto the floor

This night is gonna end
When we're damn well ready for it to be over
Worked all week long
Now the music is playing on our time

Well we do what we do
To get by
AND THEN WE NEED A RELEASE

NinjaBoiX

Earls Court is literally a ten minute walk from where I live. Still torn on going to EuroGamer.

:/
Not to go on about it (my britgaf buds are sick of me whinging!) but it's just not that fun/interesting. I was hoping for more of a party/carnival atmosphere with loads of stuff to look at, cosplays, random attractions and music filling the air.

None of the above, just a big boring room filled with sweaty nerds, overpriced merch booths and TV's playing muted trailers on repeat.

Of course you can queue for hours to play a game for 10 minutes if you're that way inclined.

/whinge

Don't let me put you off though, some people love it.
Yes, oh god yes and yes!
:D

Job's Eyes is a CHOON. Next try these two bands: Drive Like Jehu and Glass Jaw.

You're welcome.

I've tried Glassjaw but his voice is too weird for me. I've heard about Drive Like Jehu, never listened though. I'll check them out.

Also for some reason when trying to remember what Glassjaw sound like my brain just transitioned into Hell Is For Heroes. Who are also fucking great.

zeemumu

Morning, guys! I feel like I was supposed get something done today. I can not for the life of me remember what it was, so I'm just gonna go ahead and mess around with this huge supply of bubble wrap that came with my KH1.5 copy.

Also, I know I'm late, but to chime in on the Zelda game list:

Majora's Mask
Link to the Past
Link Between Worlds
OoT
Wind Waker

Those aren't ranked best to worst but they are my 5 favorite ones. Honorable mention to Twilight Princess because of Midna, that final boss fight, and OoT/MM Link being in it.
Hero%27s_Shade.png

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I've tried Glassjaw but his voice is too weird for me. I've heard about Drive Like Jehu, never listened though. I'll check them out.

Also for some reason when trying to remember what Glassjaw sound like my brain just transitioned into Hell Is For Heroes. Who are also fucking great.

Luau - Drive Like Jehu

ARGH! I didn't mean Glassjaw, I meant Jawbox. Sorry, I get them mixed up. I uh... I hate Glassjaw. XD

NinjaBoiX

Don't mind me Meat, I'm just posting pop music at the minute. :|

Lorde - A World Alone
This tune man, goosebumps from the very first three chord refrain, right up until "let 'em talk". She is way talented beyond her years.

"We've both got a million bad habits to kick,
Not sleeping is one,
We're biting our nails, you're biting my lip,
I'm biting my tongue,"

Subtle genius, adore that lyric.

That one at the end of Tennis Court too:

"I fall apart,
With all my heart,"

Damn...she doesn't fluff things up with superfluous words, it's all so beautifully minimalist yet incredibly evocative.
Paramore performing on GMA right now.

Hayley's new hair really is mint.
Chick is 100% mint. Mint things just happen around her, like an aura of mint.

NinjaBoiX

You know that I know that you know that I know that you have excellent (and often similar) tastes to me in all things (MGS and sneakers notwithstanding ;P).
Haha, very true. I like all kinds mate, from bubblegum pop to shoegazing prog-rock. If it butters my parsnips, it butters my parsnips.

I tend to talk more about the cool, underground muso stuff because it's fun to be a cool, underground muso. But I'm past caring running everything through a "socially acceptable" filter.

To me, it's cooler to not give a fuck and just like what you like innit.

:p

Not to go on about it (my britgaf buds are sick of me whinging!) but it's just not that fun/interesting. I was hoping for more of a party/carnival atmosphere with loads of stuff to look at, cosplays, random attractions and music filling the air.

None of the above, just a big boring room filled with sweaty nerds, overpriced merch booths and TV's playing muted trailers on repeat.

Of course you can queue for hours to play a game for 10 minutes if you're that way inclined.

/whinge

Don't let me put you off though, some people love it.

:D

Oh, I know! Went there in 2011 just to play Mass Effect 3 and experience everything for the first time. Just debating whether it'd be worth going this year.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So I ordered an E-Cig set and it arrived today. Wanna stop smoking due to reasons, managed to get down on cigs quite a bit and now I'll see if just having something handy to simulate actual smoking will help a bit with that.

Got weird flavours, tobacco and spearmint, both without any nicotine whatsoever. Wish me luck, I plan to be smoke free by the end of next week at latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom