• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Kafei and Anju is best sidequest you fool

Also I never really minded any of the water temples. OoT's is probably the worst, but eh.

I like the story but it's SO DAMN LONG! And nearly impossible without a guide.

In thirst terms, would the friendzone be holding a glass of water that you can't drink but you hope that one day you will be allowed to drink it so you hold onto it instead of putting it down and finding another glass of water and then someone else walks up and takes the glass of water that you were holding and drinks it while you're holding it?

TOP OF THE PAGE?!

what-have-you-done-to-me.gif

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Well since we're talking about Zelda, how about a question for the ages?

Spirit temple first or shadow temple first?

I always do spirit first even though I feel like it should be last, just because of the positioning of the medallions on the menu.

menu-status.jpg

MutFox

Banned

I always do spirit first even though I feel like it should be last, just because of the positioning of the medallions on the menu.

menu-status.jpg

You can't really complete the Spirit Temple without the shoes from the Shadow Temple...
Well you can, and that's how I played it the 1st time...

There's 5 silver rupee things have to collect in the Spirit Temple with boulders going around,
you have to jump onto a boulder and make it hit you into the silver rupee thing...
When I 1st played it, thought it was a dumb puzzle, later on I found I did it in the wrong order... :|

Haha, not understanding... :|

Majora's Mask is absolute best. ABSOLUTE.

menu-status.jpg

I didn't even realise you could do Spirit first until a couple of years ago. Kind of ruins the boss progression though, Twinrova seems much more penultimate boss than Bongo Bongo. 'cause you know, personality and things.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You can't really complete the Spirit Temple without the shoes from the Shadow Temple...

Forest > Fire > Water > Shadow > Spirit

You guys are crazy, Shadow is clearly the final medallion so it should be obtained last! It's how i've done it since '97.

super bonus order is shadow temple till hover boots -> spirit -> shadow

I didn't even realise you could do Spirit first until a couple of years ago. Kind of ruins the boss progression though, Twinrova seems much more penultimate boss than Bongo Bongo. 'cause you know, personality and things.

I always thought Bongo Bongo was a harder boss as a kid so that made it feel even more correct. But yeah doing spirit first kinda throw the story progression for a loop. Although shadow is a cool way to get to the end since it deals with Impa's people and the history of hyrule, seriously that place has some morbid stuff on those walls.

MutFox

Banned
You guys are crazy, Shadow is clearly the final medallion so it should be obtained last! It's how i've done it since '97.

Uhhh, I posted underneath how to do it in the other order... WITHOUT THE SHOES!
Also the game came out in 98... ;P

There's 5 silver rupee things have to collect in the Spirit Temple with boulders going around,
you have to jump onto a boulder and make it hit you into the silver rupee thing...
When I 1st played it, thought it was a dumb puzzle, later on I found I did it in the wrong order... :|

zeemumu

Your friend would not be good for my heart.

It took me so much longer than it should have to complete ALBW because I thought that you could complete the temples in any order. Truthfully you kind of can up until a certain point because of the rental system, but the sand staff is missing from the rental system until you clear a certain temple.

It's good, but the bosses felt a lot less polished than OoT...
It also started the collect-o-thon crap that current Zeld'as are plagued with.
Worst part of the new Zelda's, and that evolved from MM.

I can't forgive MM for that crime.

Now is where I point out Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favourite games and I love DK64 :p

But really, I just enjoy the darkness of it. And the fact that it feels alive due to the time mechanic. The time mechanic in general is just super interesting. I hope Zelda Wii U does something as interesting and game-changing (in the most literal sense) as that.

It took me so much longer than it should have to complete ALBW because I thought that you could complete the temples in any order. Truthfully you kind of can up until a certain point because of the rental system, but the sand staff is missing from the rental system until you clear a certain temple.

Well that's true, but don't you unlock it early on?

MutFox

Banned
Now is where I point out Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favourite games and I love DK64 :p

But really, I just enjoy the darkness of it. And the fact that it feels alive due to the time mechanic. The time mechanic in general is just super interesting. I hope Zelda Wii U does something as interesting and game-changing (in the most literal sense) as that.

The time thing was cool, basically an evolution of playing with time in OoT...
Don't think many games have done the "Groundhog Day" type game play again though.

Would be interesting having other games tackle that type of design.
Not the collecting though... ;P

There's not enough Halo talk here guys.

You saying it, is already too much Halo talk... ;D

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Uhhh, I posted underneath how to do it in the other order... WITHOUT THE SHOES!
Also the game came out in 98... ;P

ssssshhh mistakes were made let's not speak of them :p

You know I never recall having to do this without the shows I think I would always just bomb jump or something.

MutFox

Banned
ssssshhh mistakes were made let's not speak of them :p

You know I never recall having to do this without the shows I think I would always just bomb jump or something.

Bomb jump, that's another way I guess, never tried that...
Timing the boulder seemed like the right answer at the time... ;P

Windam

Scaley member
I'm hungry and I wish I won an XBone. Not too many exclusives I care about, worse multiplats and more expensive online, but Halo collection... Not willing to drop $400 on a Halo machine. M$ pls announce for PC

MutFox

Banned
Haha, truth is, console FPS games feel too slow for me, like aiming feels like molasses...
The speed of mouse and keyboard makes FPS games feel a lot better for me.

There's a few console games trying to rectify that with new control types,
still can't replicate mouse aiming...

Though for console FPS type games, Metroid Prime was one that had a solid control scheme.

TrueGrime

Haha, truth is, console FPS games feel too slow for me, like aiming feels like molasses...

Though for console FPS type games, Metroid Prime was one that had a solid control scheme.

Titanfall, Mut.

pls.

Toa TAK

Banned
We are all Master Chief here.

master-chief-believe-o.gif
Damn straight.
CHIEF.gif~c200

I'm hungry and I wish I won an XBone. Not too many exclusives I care about, worse multiplats and more expensive online, but Halo collection... Not willing to drop $400 on a Halo machine. M$ pls announce for PC
I will! Especially now that I will be making the money to do so. Plus, Halo is the best.

Now this was can agree on!

MutFox

Banned
Titanfall, Mut.

pls.

Tried the beta, got old quick...

I really like the gunplay of the new Insurgency game...
Plus I hope the co-op and spawning in Insurgency gets copied by the mainstream games...
The spawn rules are so simple yet obvious...

Also can't wait til Unreal Tournament 4 comes out with an open modding community...
Plus the game will be free... :D

Toa TAK

Banned
Tried the beta, got old quick...

I really like the gunplay of the new Insurgency game...
Plus I hope the co-op and spawning in Insurgency gets copied by the mainstream games...
The spawn rules are so simple yet obvious...

It's codename for Halo, right?

As much as I dug Titanfall, it did get old once I beat the campaigns and went up in 2nd gen. I should sell it.

AcridMeat

Banned
Waking up and reading through the thread I like how quickly it went from brotherly love between the meatyninj to "YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!"

I feel like posting a grouping of various genres.

For the big beat/groovy goods: Gramatik - We Used To Dream

For the electro computer boppers: Metronomy - How Say

To just chill out on Friday: Boris Blenn - Mellow

Deep house bidnuss: Apex - By The Way

Sci fi exploration shit innit: Bjorn Lynne - Over Distant Shores

Sunny driving music: The War On Drugs - Under The Pressure

Some goht damn SOUL: Lee Moses - Bad Girl (part 1 & 2)

Song with one of the best jams at the end ever: Jimi Hendrix Experience - Bold As Love

And because it's just one of the best ever: Joy Divsion - Disorder

Because it's fire: Radiohead - Optimistic

For the FONK-AYyyy: Sly and the Family Stone - If You Want Me To Stay

Great hip hop funk: DJ Shadow - Stay The Course

Know what's better than Halo?

Emo.

EDIT: Man, I've always loved Texas Is The Reason, but now I get flashbacks to when I saw them and now it's just a fucking kick of emotions when I listen to them. It was the last gig they're ever going to play and it was on my birthday. Much feelings. Can't deal.

I still haven't played ALBW, don't have a 3DS.
Is the game worth buying a 3DS?

No. As far as Zelda games go, it's incredibly easy. The dungeons take a grand total of ten minutes each, and are pretty straightforward. Except for the ice temple. Man, that one sucked.

The 3DS is a great system on its own, though.

I didn't realize it until I had cleared nearly every dungeon in the other world. One of the sages has it, so I guess if you do that temple first then you get it early on.

What about that lava turtle? Pain in the ass.

I found the turtle to be pretty easy, but the dude with the shield in the thief's hideout was tough.

You get the sand rod after the first mandatory dungeon, when you face that freaky guy for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom