• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Hooray my first customer angry about the line wait

Tell them to eat shit and die, btw this is great advice.
This advice is legit.
Can confirm. It's up there with my "Megan should just puke on a customer to go home" advice.

It's legit. Guaranteed to work with no repercussions.
Man who suggested that? I remember it started from me wanting to puke all the time when seeing pineapples.
Ok, start it up Waz!
Let's do this! :D
Nooope!

So excited for Italy game tomorrow.

zeemumu

Can confirm. It's up there with my "Megan should just puke on a customer to go home" advice.

It's legit. Guaranteed to work with no repercussions.

That's something best saved for a Lady Gaga concert, but thank you for the advice.

I'm starting to learn to cherish my days off. I have tomorrow off but I have no plans, so I guess it's gym time. But I have to take my car to get serviced at 8AM tomorrow. This is a downside to being single; no one to look forward to coming home to or talking to once you're done with all of the stressful stuff.

NinjaBoiX

We have a new gif obsession in this thread, Jake and that one dude with the face. Step aside Miss Williams, pass on the Crown.

FHdoboo.gif

2syqRGv.jpg

uM6Ek6p.gif

Haven't posted some in a while (it's got to be at least 24 hours right?), thought I'd make up for lost time.

Morning e'erybody.

Oh, I finally got Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD.

And I named Tidus Meg Ryan.

Using the expert sphere grid for the first time as well. So much more freedom in character development.

There's no goin' back~

Wazzy

Banned
I should be going to bed but I feel like watching The Water Boy so I am.

"M-m-m-momma always said m-m-m-momma always said"

"Little girls are the DEVIL"

NinjaBoiX

God damn you Ninj....... I've had Misery Business stuck in my head for 3 days now. I cant stop...
That's how this whole sordid affair started for me chief. Played Miz Biz on Guitar Hero, thought it was pretty cool, noticed Hayley was a total babe, subsequently lowered my whole musical standards for one solitary pop punk band.

I ain't even mad.

Even my mate who holds them in utter contempt agrees that Miz Biz is a tune. Dance like no-one's watching Poet!

That's how this whole sordid affair started for me chief. Played Miz Biz on Guitar Hero, thought it was pretty cool, noticed Hayley was a total babe, subsequently lowered my whole musical standards for one solitary pop punk band.

I ain't even mad.

Even my mate who holds them in utter contempt agrees that Miz Biz is a tune. Dance like no-one's watching Poet!

*cough*

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
WHY
WHY DID I THINK SHOWING UP TO WORK 2 HOURS EARLY WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA?

Did I think I was going to be able to leave early?
Did I think this was a mother fucking game with rules?!

I was WRONG

10 Minutes in to the day I get an email saying we have a seminar at 4:30pm that'll go till 5:45

zeemumu

Why is Fairuza Balk's mouth so damn huge? She's pretty but it's like her parents were a basking shark and Mileena from Mortal Kombat.

Gotta take my car to the service place at 8. If I can just get my legs to move, I can get going.

NinjaBoiX

ceI6Xkf.gif

Mate, they play a particular subgenre of bubblegum flavoured punk, it's just how it is. I know that pains you as a die-hard punk fan but there you go.

Yeah, they don't have the same homegrown, anti-establishment "Fuck the system" ethic of "proper" punk bands, but their style of poppy rock music is most certainly more punk than anything else.
Good afternoon England

...yes I am just saying good afternoon to myself I just wanted to fit in :C
*ahem*

ceI6Xkf.gif

Mate, they play a particular subgenre of bubblegum flavoured punk, it's just how it is. I know that pains you as a die-hard punk fan but there you go.

Yeah, they don't have the homegrown, anti-establishment "Fuck the system" ethic of "proper" punk bands, but their style of poppy rock music is most certainly more punk than anything else.
Man, I don't give a shit about the ethic or any of that balls, it just...doesn't sound like punk. Definitely punk influenced, just...still pop-rock. I dunno. I'm not good at explaining things. I blame the vocals. And it's not meant to put them down in any way. If anything, it's a compliment. They're not simple enough to be pop-punx.

...I'll shut up now

Good afternoon England :D

NinjaBoiX

Fair enough Rob, you probably know more about punk than I do, but I don't know how you can listen to this and not think it's kind of punky:

Paramore - Anklebiters

Yes, it's also massively poppy too with the xylophones and the general cheery, twee sound of it, but it has a very punk style rhythm and even a shouty (Oi Oi!) part. Kind of.

I just think "pop-rock" is so broad and non-specific as to be almost meaningless, might as well call it "guitar music" or some shit.

(By the way, I have heard a reputable magazine call a band "guitar music". Face palmed so hard.)

The_Poet

Banned
Fair enough Rob, you probably know more about punk than I do, but I don't know how you can listen to this and not think it's kind of punky:

Paramore - Anklebiters

Yes, it's also massively poppy too with the xylophones and the general cheery, twee sound of it, but it has a very punk style rhythm and even a shouty (Oi Oi!) part. Kind of.

I just think "pop-rock" is so broad and non-specific as to be almost meaningless, might as well call it "guitar music" or some shit.

Thats post-ironic playground jazz-rock.

I wouldn't consider Paramore "poppy" until BNE though. Riot! and Pressure were full alternative.

And even then, I would consider their work as a whole to be more alternative than punk. Disclaimer: I say this as a massive fan.

NinjaBoiX

I wouldn't consider Paramore "poppy" until BNE though. Riot! and Pressure were full alternative.

And even then, I would consider their work as a whole to be more alternative than punk. Disclaimer: I say this as a massive fan.
Massive fan thinks the first album is called "Pressure" (it's called All We Know Is Falling), lol. Only joking Em, I know you are a big fan. :p

But I've got to disagree about when they went pop. The first album is easily their punkiest, but I think Riot! is one of their poppiest records. That's What You Get could be an Avril Lavigne track. Then BNE got a bit less pop IMO, the opening to Careful is about as harsh and discordant as they've ever sounded.

But yeah, Paramore is almost a straight pop record, for better or worse. I love it personally, can't get enough.

Edit: Also, "alternative" is almost meaningless to me. "It's like one thing, but a bit different, so it's alternative." OK...

Alt-genres are a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom