• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive fan thinks the first album is called "Pressure" (it's called All We Know Is Falling), lol. Only joking Em, I know you are a big fan. :p

But I've got to disagree about when they went pop. The first album is easily their punkiest, but I think Riot! is one of their poppiest records. That's What You Get could be an Avril Lavigne track. Then BNE got a bit less pop IMO, the opening to Careful is about as harsh and discordant as they've ever sounded.

But yeah, Paramore is almost a straight pop record, for better or worse. I love it personally, can't get enough.

Hey it was early and I don't remember any of the other songs from that album :p

But I can see where you're coming from. Whatever, the music's good ;)

Last Hope is great though. I jam to it often.

NinjaBoiX

It's all good Em, it's all good.

Last Hope is pretty marvellous, it's their ultimate "lighters in the air" ballad, just the ticket if if you like that kind of thing! It's like The Only Exception Pt 2.

Anyway, Paramore are a pop band with influences of punk, and alternative genres are bullshit and have basically no meaning.

:p

NinjaBoiX

Could never get into Paramore, but from what I've heard of them, they borderline on pop at times
Oh, they are now, at least 90% of the time.

Once Hayley pushed the Farro brothers out for good, she bascially threw a big box of candy in the air and did a little jig. Paramore (the latest record) is almost pure sugar. But they still have moments of darker tones on stuff like Part II, Last Hope, Now and Future.

In fact, Future is about as far removed from the usual Paramore track as you could get, it's almost prog-rock.

Anyway, yeah, genres and stuff.

yVZKDrW.gif

y9A5v9P.jpg

zeemumu

The cover band at the mad T party in California Adventure reminds me a lot of Paramore. It was actually kinda funny, like Paramore moonlights as an Alice in Wonderland band.

It's all good Em, it's all good.

Last Hope is pretty marvellous, it's their ultimate "lighters in the air" ballad, just the ticket if if you like that kind of thing! It's like The Only Exception Pt 2.

Anyway, Paramore are a pop band with influences of punk, and alternative genres are bullshit and have basically no meaning.

Eh, alternative kind of makes sense if you don't think of it as a genre so much as a similar thing to underground, ie. somewhat successful but not fitting in with the common sound. I agree it doesn't mean much anymore since A) all lines have become blurred and B) there isn't really enough properly mainstream rock to have a consistent sound, but if you think of last decade when there were all the bands like The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand, there were also bands like Hundred Reasons and Hell Is For Heroes that were different but not exactly purely underground. If that makes sense.

zeemumu

Eh, alternative kind of makes sense if you don't think of it as a genre so much as a similar thing to underground, ie. somewhat successful but not fitting in with the common sound. I agree it doesn't mean much anymore since A) all lines have become blurred and B) there isn't really enough properly mainstream rock to have a consistent sound, but if you think of last decade when there were all the bands like The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand, there were also bands like Hundred Reasons and Hell Is For Heroes that were different but not exactly purely underground. If that makes sense.

Can alternative still be alternative if it's mainstream?

AcridMeat

Banned
I don't know but I was never ever interested in Paramore and having heard some stuff it's okay, yet I love No Doubt, and think Tragic Kingdom has some punk elements too. Though more reggae/ska.
Rush is a good case study of this, so yes it can. Even though they're more progressive than alt.
Ha, I'd argue they're purely progressive. They were one of the frontrunners of the prog era. :p Alternative always seemed like a label for lazy people who didn't want to say this rock doesn't sound "normal". It's a nondescript word. I don't know language is pretty awful for genres.

GENRES WAHEY.

Oh and those are probably the best gifs of Hayley that I've seen over the years. Such bouncy legs.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

Genre arguments again though! Never change FAKEGAF.

NinjaBoiX

I don't know but I was never ever interested in Paramore and having heard some stuff it's okay, yet I love No Doubt, and think Tragic Kingdom has some punk elements too.

Ha, I'd argue they're purely progressive. They were one of the frontrunners of the prog era. :p Alternative always seemed like a label for lazy people who didn't want to say this rock doesn't sound "normal". It's a nondescript word. I don't know language is pretty awful for genres.

GENRES WAHEY.

Oh and those are probably the best gifs of Hayley that I've seen over the years. Such bouncy legs.
eOV5Ty7.jpg

Always liked No Doubt, cool band with a great frontperson. :p

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

GENRES WAHEY.

Lol yeah they're definitely pure prog, but then again alt is such a stupid label. It's basically "it's like this but it doesn't sound like it", I always find the over complicated super wordy genre classifications to be hilarious but perfect descriptors at the same time.

MutFox

Banned
がんばれ日本!
japan%20japanese%20flags%20hi%20no%20maru%201920x1080%20wallpaper_wallpaperbeautiful_6.jpg

Last chance!
Probably won't make it though, but they have my support! :D

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Got myself an eee PC R101 with, lo and behold, Win XP on it. 2010--ish netbook and my very first mobile PC. Like it so far, quite slow, will see how useful it is in the future I guess :) Payed 40 bucks from a guy I know, so it's all good.

NinjaBoiX

wZGxsWS.jpg

Ban him. Seriously, just ban him for life.

This would be totally unacceptable in almost any other setting.

Petulant, disgusting scumbag.

Wazzy

Banned
Still choked Italy is out. I didn't watch the game because I was sleeping but when I woke up and checked the score? ugh....

Uruguay going through sucks.

Was that Fairuza Balk.... *shivers* God I hate her face.

It sure it. I thought she was great in Water Boy. :p

MutFox

Banned
Still choked Italy is out. I didn't watch the game because I was sleeping but when I woke up and checked the score? ugh....

Uruguay going through sucks.

Italy has got old... :/
They also played for a draw, and once Uruguay scored, they started to come on strong.

This was def not a great game though.
So dirty on both sides, just diving and cheap shots everywhere.

Though you still got France, and they look awesome! :D

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Got myself an eee PC R101 with, lo and behold, Win XP on it. 2010--ish netbook and my very first mobile PC. Like it so far, quite slow, will see how useful it is in the future I guess :) Payed 40 bucks from a guy I know, so it's all good.
It will hopefully be very useful. For stuff. And things :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom