• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
iuNdspnKufhgm.gif

The thirst is dead guys.

Sorry.

MutFox

Banned
I am listening to Binary Sunset.

I really really really want to watch Star Wars now. I don't think any other OST does that to me.

Love that tune!

Also love the asteroid chase tune from Empire Strikes Back, forget the actual name...
It's when they get chased by TIE's through the asteroid field... :p

Windam

Scaley member
My bank keeps declining my order when I try to order the Princess Mononoke Bluray from CDJapan using my Visa Debit. Tried through PayPal and it was still declined. I have enough money in my account. Fuck my life.

Windam

Scaley member
Probably a problem on CDJapan's side then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XOV2L-eM38

Hopefully. Might just spend the extra $20 and order off Yes-Asia or Play-Asia if my card doesn't get declined by either of them.

Love that song. Have the album on my PC, Macbook and iPod (neither of these get any use). I should add it to my phone, as well. Amazing album all-around.

tumblr_inline_n33qykN7ye1rwd55s.gif

Thirsty Windam?

I... I want to see, feel, and play with her fur.

Good thing I got this bottle of Aquafina beside me.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'm contemplating eggs on toast. Maybe a hash brown. I wonder if we have mushrooms.

Oh and I haven't been writing what I've had for dinner the last few days. Last night was fish and chips. The day before was dumplings with steamed veggies.

Lucian Cat

Umm not having an income may hinder this unless your parents will help you out.

Personally I eat lots of fruit and veggies. Good stuff from farmers markets or similar. Locally made bread, milk and eggs too. We also try to get local meats whenever possible. It does add up unfortunately. I don't want to know how much we spend on food a week.

My advice is to try to eat more regularly to get your metabolism going properly. Then work on changing out bad things for good slowly. You said you eat bad stuff when out and about? Try getting a sandwich or similar instead of heavily processed or deep fried stuff. Just small changes can make a world of difference. I'm eating fried eggs on toast this morning. Cooking spray instead of oil for frying and reduced fat margarine on the toast makes this meal not terrible.

This turned into a longer post than I expected :S

Windam

Scaley member
Movie ordered! Retail therapy session over for now, with $88.23 CAD spent on a single Blu-Ray. :x

Umm not having an income may hinder this unless your parents will help you out.

Personally I eat lots of fruit and veggies. Good stuff from farmers markets or similar. Locally made bread, milk and eggs too. We also try to get local meats whenever possible. It does add up unfortunately. I don't want to know how much we spend on food a week.

My advice is to try to eat more regularly to get your metabolism going properly. Then work on changing out bad things for good slowly. You said you eat bad stuff when out and about? Try getting a sandwich or similar instead of heavily processed or deep fried stuff. Just small changes can make a world of difference. I'm eating fried eggs on toast this morning. Cooking spray instead of oil for frying and reduced fat margarine on the toast makes this meal not terrible.

This turned into a longer post than I expected :S

I love posts like this! Not "eat more greens", much more helpful, thanks! :) Farmer's market stuff does tend to be more expensive, and I'd have to travel downtown to get it, as well considering we don't live there (district, former municipality that got amalgamated into the single "City of Toronto" in '98). >.< I avoid deep fried stuff, and I love sandwiches, but I'm sure the ingredients are processed as hell. I should look into cooking spray since we use oil (vegetable) to fry stuff. I need more fat, so reduced fat isn't much an appealing choice to me. :p

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
You're a bad person windam, but at least you have a good taste in movies.

Lucian Cat

Adventure time is on tv and I got excited about it. But then I realised I've watched them all and it's not a new one :(

Lucian Cat

Never mind I'm still laughing at it. Brooklyn spiders hehe
I think? Still trying to learn American accents

Wazzy

Banned
So this lady about a year ago bought a chair and asked that it be assembled and delivered but kept sending it back because she apparently kept finding scratches(there wasn't any) so finally she came into the store and demanded we build the chair in front of her.

We're not supposed to and in the beginning we said no but finally we just agreed because she was crazy and so she made an appointment with us. She never came back even though she had payed for the chair.

I start my shift today and lo and behold, she's back for her chair. Made me build in front of her and she kept being super annoying and picky while watching. All of my coworkers thought it was hilarious though some of them were very close to telling her off. I'm pretty calm and patient so I just slowly walked her through everything and she thankfully left.

But god some people are weird.

One time this lady came in with her grandson, looking for SSBB. So I show it to her and she goes, "Oh, but he doesn't have a Wii, he has an Xbox." So I explain to her very calmly (she's old and obviously not into games) that the game won't work on his system. I bring her over to the Xbox section and start picking out some other games that he might like.

This is how the exchange went:

"These are great, but he wants Super Smash Bros."
"I'm sorry, but that game isn't on Xbox."
"Why not? Don't you have an Xbox copy?"
"No, they don't make it for Xbox, the game is made by Nintendo."
"So are you getting any copies of it in for Xbox?"
"No, it's not made for Xbox."
"Does the other store have it for Xbox?"
"No. They only make it for Wii, it's never coming out on Xbox."

TrueGrime

Gold.

I witnessed a similar exchange in an EB games maybe 8 years ago. A mother wanted Halo for PS2 and the sore clerk was trying to explain to her that Halo was not on PS2 because it owned by Microsoft. She then said that other stores had Halo on PS2 and that she would take her business elsewhere if he kept refusing to help her

Wazzy

Banned
One time this lady came in with her grandson, looking for SSBB. So I show it to her and she goes, "Oh, but he doesn't have a Wii, he has an Xbox." So I explain to her very calmly (she's old and obviously not into games) that the game won't work on his system. I bring her over to the Xbox section and start picking out some other games that he might like.

This is how the exchange went:

DEAD.

I can see EB being a pain in the ass to work at.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I witnessed a similar exchange in an EB games maybe 8 years ago. A mother wanted Halo for PS2 and the sore clerk was trying to explain to her that Halo was not on PS2 because it owned by Microsoft. She then said that other stores had Halo on PS2 and that she would take her business elsewhere if he kept refusing to help her

16485-halo-combat-evolved.jpg

Stupid store clerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom