• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. He wants us to "go out and do something" and a lot of the other professors are annoyed because people usually ask for money to donate.

It's honestly busy work and I hate it. Catholic intellectual education my ass.

Edit: Yeah, thanks Acid.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Clicked.

I have two hours free today. Recommend me something.

I Felt A Funeral In My Brain, by Emily Dickinson.

I felt a Funeral, in my Brain,
And Mourners to and fro
Kept treading - treading - till it seemed
That Sense was breaking through -

And when they all were seated,
A Service, like a Drum -
Kept beating - beating - till I thought
My mind was going numb -

And then I heard them lift a Box
And creak across my Soul
With those same Boots of Lead, again,
Then Space - began to toll,

As all the Heavens were a Bell,
And Being, but an Ear,
And I, and Silence, some strange Race,
Wrecked, solitary, here -

And then a Plank in Reason, broke,
And I dropped down, and down -
And hit a World, at every plunge,
And Finished knowing - then -

Acid08

Banned
Marathon a season of Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
Or Sealab 2021. Only the first few seasons though.

Clicked on it.

Watched Attack the Block for the first time, man that was fun. Listening to KRS One now as a result haha
Attack the Block ended up being one of my favorite movies the year it released. Saw it at a preview screening in SF that was super fun. Stoked that Moses is going to be in Episode VII.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
In a lot of ways it's a companion show to Archer. There's a lot of recurring jokes and the kind of character ineptitude and escalating situations that Archer is famous for.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey TDM, can you send flowers to whichever mod locked my thread?

With how nasty it got I don't think I'll make a new one even if bannings will be enforced for it.

Did you make another thread asking for an explanation for what blended water is?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It was about how fucked up it is that Pararrazi are legally allowed to stalk celebrities, became about whether Lorde is an ugly 40+ woman who practises witchcraft.

Might take the "most needlessly venomous Gaf thread of 2014" award.

NinjaBoiX

It was about how fucked up it is that Pararrazi are legally allowed to stalk celebrities, became about whether Lorde is an ugly 40+ woman who practises witchcraft.

This was the saddest part. It's like, she's 17 man, don't be creepy.

Pure Heroine is mint though, fuck the haters.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Cannot wait to get a job closer to home. Really don't appreciate being out for nearly 12 hours a day. I've got shit to do!

PopGAF is such a piece of shit so consistently that it's fucking disgusting.

I don't know how NBA GAF (not that I even go there, but I doubt it's as bad as the shit PopGAF does) gets ire but that shithole doesn't.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Yo, I need a podcast to listen to while I walk to get a pizza. Recommend something before TDM can recommend Horrible Histories.

AcridMeat

Banned
Takes me 5 minutes to drive to work. Yiss.

Yeah man, I already saw Mogwai, Red Fang, Focus, Kyuss, Screaming Trees, sounds good man!

I'll listen today innit.
I thought you were a man in a van thus being at work while driving to work.

Them kids in Attack the Block said innit so many times and all I thought was those are tiny Owens right there.

NinjaBoiX

What annoys me most about PopGAF is how little they talk about actual music. It's just a load of childish dick waving about how their chosen star "slays" all else, and how everyone is "shading" or "stanning" or whatever.

Well that and banal vacuous bullshit about their personal life, celeb trash mag style.

It's a strange community.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
My major is criminal justice, but I go to a Catholic university (I'm an atheist) so they make you take religion courses. This one's Christian and Social Ethics. It's actually not a bad class; the professor is totally awesome and loves shit-talking and debunking traditional concepts.

That sounds OK! Do you want to be a lawyer, then? I lived in Missouri ( I know you are Canadian, we just don't really do religion in the UK) for a bit and volunteered at a Baptist children's home. Even though I'm not really of any organised belief I learned a lot about spirituality and kindness, etc. Despite the frequent attempts to convert me and the homophobia, people were good people.

sploatee, I always forget to check my PSN inbox. We'll play next time I'm on! Wall to wall football today though, it's a no go. (I can't be arsed to set it up upstairs).

It's OK! I'm just twisting your melon.

Hockey and Basketball playoffs, the two sports I watch. Sunday roasts are splendid!

It really was. It really, really was. Trifle afterwards too!

Clicked.

I have two hours free today. Recommend me something.

Go and sit in a park, watch people and animals and feed the pigeons (or other birds).

What annoys me most about PopGAF is how little they talk about actual music. It's just a load of childish dick waving about how their chosen star "slays" all else, and how everyone is "shading" or "stanning" or whatever.

Well that and banal vacuous bullshit about their personal life, celeb trash mag style.

It's a strange community.

Exactly. It wouldn't even be an issue if they kept the shithole contained in there, but every single topic about a news story involving a pop singer gets shit in by them too. It's obnoxious.

NinjaBoiX

Hate you so much right now
No you don't Lisa. Don't lie.
It's OK! I'm just twisting your melon.
fnXfoYR.jpg

Exactly. It wouldn't even be an issue if they kept the shithole contained in there, but every single topic about a news story involving a pop singer gets shit in by them too. It's obnoxious.
It's all Dragonz' fault.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I agree, but after being out it makes it so much better
Oh lucky! Though we had steak and then I had some vanilla ice cream later with mini kit kats thrown on.

Literally picked them out of the bag and threw them on like a toddler.

Get out! That sounds magnificent.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Stir fry for dins followed by hot donuts in ice cream and GoT. Or angels take Manhattan. Either one. I think I'll need the ice cream for that though.
And I do hate you Owen. I didn't even get a talky video back. Just hilarious whistling :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom