• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Some of the leaks are kind of fucked up. Like, taking a dildo up the poop chute/dick in mouth kind of fucked up.

Honestly, it's one thing to leak nudies and a very different one to show such intimate things for everyone to see. I appreciate the boobs, but I can't help but feel a bit bad for the people getting hit by this. Emily Ratjakowski may not give a shit at this point, but Alison Brie and McKayla Maroney may beg to difer.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ang god damn, people, stop storing your most delicate shit in the cloud.

Hell, if you are actually concerned about your privacy, STOP TAKING PICTURES WITH YOUR MOBILE DEVICES.

If you are famous, chances are some nosy fuck or scorned ex will dig for dirt.

Edit: And if you need to store sensitive data in the cloud, cypher that shit. I personally use Duplicati for scheduled backups. It's free, easy and safe.

Windam

Scaley member
Some of the leaks are kind of fucked up. Like, taking a dildo up the poop chute/dick in mouth kind of fucked up.

Honestly, it's one thing to leak nudies and a very different one to show such intimate things for everyone to see. I appreciate the boobs, but I can't help but feel a bit bad for the people getting hit by this. Emily Ratjakowski may not give a shit at this point, but Alison Brie and McKayla Maroney may beg to difer.

WHO?!

Is there not a list of who's been leaked yet?

Me.

iyqP6OdEzxKeU.gif

Well regardless of how famous they are or what image they may have, it's still really terrible to have your personal business spread across the internet like that.

Those photos (well, JLaw's anwyay, I haven't seen the rest of them) were clearly intended to be used for intimate purposes with her boyfriend at the time. She wasn't trying to get attention by taking them, and I doubt she took them just to say "Oh yeah, look at my bod." Almost everyone has taken nudes for a partner, so I view it as kind of normal for relationships. I'm just too god damn shy to actually take any though.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Well regardless of how famous they are or what image they may have, it's still really terrible to have your personal business spread across the internet like that.

Those photos (well, JLaw's anwyay, I haven't seen the rest of them) were clearly intended to be used for intimate purposes with her boyfriend at the time. She wasn't trying to get attention by taking them, and I doubt she took them just to say "Oh yeah, look at my bod." Almost everyone has taken nudes for a partner, so I view it as kind of normal for relationships. I'm just too god damn shy to actually take any though.

Yeah. I mean, they did nothing wrong (and God knows I won't be accused of being a prude), but I'd rather not leave that trail anyway.

I've seen what a hot headed ex can do out of spite and I don't want to find myself at the end of it, specially since it could create a massive shitstorm for my career and my own clients. I just cringe at the possibilities. If you are famous or could be hurt by blackmailing, you are inadvertedly opening a huge door for all kinds of nasty people. It scares me witless, specially now that I'm back in the dating game.

The first thing I thought when I heard about the scandal is that a buch of Hollywood bros were sharing intimate pictures of their girlfriends and somebody decided to leak the entire thing. Even if you don't trust the cloud, these situations are way common.

Yeah. I mean, they did nothing wrong (and God knows I won't be accused of being a prude), but I'd rather not leave that trail anyway.

I've seen what a hot headed ex can do out of spite and I don't want to find myself at the end of it, specially since it could create a massive shitstorm for my career and my own clients. I just cringe at the possibilities. If you are famous or could be hurt by blackmailing, you are inadvertedly opening a huge door for all kinds of nasty people.

I agree. But celebrities are still people, and should be treated with the same kind of respect that us peons would hope to give and receive.

Of course, they require extra security measures to ensure that they're protected, but I still view it as kind of a human decency thing. Like, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that leaking celebrity nudes would make that celebrity in question feel like shit.

I dunno. People are mean.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Cunts will be cunts.

Honestly, I've laughed at previous leaks, but this one has way, way sensitive stuff. Some of the pictures there are outright damaging.

I don't give a flying shit if somebody catches my Tinder profile or somehow gets ahold of a nudie. I'm a grown ass adult and I can take it. But I'd be completely devastated if I were seen in the same situation as some of those girls.

I agree. But celebrities are still people, and should be treated with the same kind of respect that us peons would hope to give and receive.

Of course, they require extra security measures to ensure that they're protected, but I still view it as kind of a human decency thing. Like, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that leaking celebrity nudes would make that celebrity in question feel like shit.

I dunno. People are mean.

It's the same double standard we as a society apply to paparazzi.

It's just legal stalking if you're famous and it's gross.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Eh. It's likely this is more due to weak passwords or people using unsecured wifi in places like starbucks as a way to get info on celebrities over actual deep hacking into icloud but anything is possible i suppose.

I'm going with awful passwords and/or wardriving. Still, the image is not pretty. Apple is going to have to deal with some damage if this doesn't get clarified very quickly.

I'm going with awful passwords and/or wardriving. Still, the image is not pretty. Apple is going to have to deal with some damage if this doesn't get clarified very quickly.

plus social engineering. There's an awful lot of info on celebrities so bypassing security questions probably wouldn't be too hard.

I'LL TIE YOU IN MY ARMS
I WILL SMOTHER YOU
WE'LL TELL EACH OTHER LIES
WHILE WE TELL THE TRUTH
I'LL COLOR IN THE SKY
AND I'LL COLOR YOU
I WANT TO JOIN YOUR SKIN
AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

1x0zt1q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom