• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
I love the film, but the comics are better. Read the comics. Do it.

zIrNAOJ.jpg

My bro has a SP comic collection...
Maybe I'll ask to borrow it... :p

Kater

Banned
I'm normal height. Becoming insane amounts of buff isn't really my thing. I like having a neck.
You look fit is what I originally wanted to write but I thought I could make some light-hearted joke with Bud Spencer gifs and all that.

I'm really bad at making jokes though, heh. :D

Leak the original Game of Thrones pilot episode. The one that had different actors, the flashback scene with Brandon Stark and the Mad King, and a GRRM cameo.

If they included Brandon and Aerys, show only people may have been seriously confused.

But they could have at least done like a five minute explanation of Robert's Rebellion and the events leading up to it.

Turin

Banned
Season 1 had a much better sense of the story's history behind it anyway.

Or maybe that was just me filling in gaps.....

Edit: Just for fun....

original.jpg

Kater

Banned
Listening to this great track at the moment

I've seen it all, I've seen the dark
I've seen the brightness in one little spark.
I've seen what I chose and I've seen what I need,
And that is enough, to want more would be greed.
I've seen what I was and I know what I'll be
I've seen it all - there is no more to see!

- Björk, "I've seen it all" (Video is from "Dancer in the Dark")

AcridMeat

Banned
college can kiss my ass at this point. i finished every requirement, why do i need to hang around for random ass credits that don't count for anything
Make the most out of your resources there. Go out and hang with folks, network, do everything and live it uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Carefree courses at college are great if you use the free time well.

zeemumu

That 4chan hacker should have leaked the full trailer instead tbh

I'm worried that Mockingjay part 1 is going to be boring as hell. There is very little action in the first half of that book. It's mostly talking and
propaganda battles.
I kinda feel like that "Are you here to fight with us, Katniss?" line is actually the end of the movie. I think they may have made a mistake by splitting it into two movies. It's too politically centered.

I'm worried that Mockingjay part 1 is going to be boring as hell. There is very little action in the first half of that book. It's mostly talking and
propaganda battles.
I kinda feel like that "Are you here to fight with us, Katniss?" line is actually the end of the movie. I think they may have made a mistake by splitting it into two movies. It's too politically centered.

It looks as though they're adding in a bunch of the actual war that you don't see in the book.

And I believe we'll see a lot of Peeta and Johanna being tortured.

zeemumu

It looks as though they're adding in a bunch of the actual war that you don't see in the book.

And I believe we'll see a lot of Peeta and Johanna being tortured.

I would hope so. Without Katniss' inner thoughts or expanded war it's going to end up being a full movie of the first half of Catching Fire. Ironically I think that Catching Fire will end up being my favorite out of the three movies because of the creative aspect of the games arena. Does Peeta and Katniss' relationship feel a little rushed because of her lack of inner thought monologues?

I would hope so. Without Katniss' inner thoughts or expanded war it's going to end up being a full movie of the first half of Catching Fire. Ironically I think that Catching Fire will end up being my favorite out of the three movies because of the creative aspect of the games arena. Does Peeta and Katniss' relationship feel a little rushed because of her lack of inner thought monologues?

Yes, I think it does.

In the first movie, especially, their relationship is much different. You don't get those internal thoughts of hers that deal with having to play at being in love to win the audience, and instead, it comes off as her genuinely wanting to be with him.

As a result, Catching Fire changes, too. They pretty much excluded their falling out at the end of book one because Peeta finds out she was playing him for a fool in order to gain sponsors (in the movie), so when Catching Fire starts and he's all pissed, it's strange to see. I could see myself being confused if I hadn't read the book beforehand.

But other than that, their relationship throughout Catching Fire is pretty similar to the book. To be honest, the whole movie is a pretty accurate adaptation.

zeemumu

Yes, I think it does.

In the first movie, especially, their relationship is much different. You don't get those internal thoughts of hers that deal with having to play at being in love to win the audience, and instead, it comes off as her genuinely wanting to be with him.

As a result, Catching Fire changes, too. They pretty much excluded their falling out at the end of book one because Peeta finds out she was playing him for a fool in order to gain sponsors (in the movie), so when Catching Fire starts and he's all pissed, it's strange to see. I could see myself being confused if I hadn't read the book beforehand.

But other than that, their relationship throughout Catching Fire is pretty similar to the book. To be honest, the whole movie is a pretty accurate adaptation.

Catching Fire was fine, but the transition felt so weird. A lot of what she says and does is accurate to the book, but because you can't hear her moral conflicts going on in her head and weighing her options, they carry less weight than they did in the books.

That said, it would be a mistake to have us actually hear all of her thoughts in a voice-over for the sake of accuracy. That's fine for reading, but in a film it would get extremely annoying. I noticed that they cut the
hearing loss and prosthetic leg
out of the first movie too, probably because it's a lot easier continuity-wise to leave those out and they don't impact the rest of the series.

Mockingjay better start out like Terminator 2.
terminator-2-crushed-skull-o.gif

Catching Fire was fine, but the transition felt so weird. A lot of what she says and does is accurate to the book, but because you can't hear her moral conflicts going on in her head and weighing her options, they carry less weight than they did in the books.

That said, it would be a mistake to have us actually hear all of her thoughts in a voice-over for the sake of accuracy. That's fine for reading, but in a film it would get extremely annoying. I noticed that they cut the
hearing loss and prosthetic leg
out of the first movie too, probably because it's a lot easier continuity-wise to leave those out and they don't impact the rest of the series.

Mockingjay better start out like Terminator 2.
terminator-2-crushed-skull-o.gif

I think they did include
her losing her hearing
in the first movie, if I remember correctly.

Not that it matters any.

zeemumu

The biggest disappointment for me was the cave scene.

YOU HAD ONE JOB, DIRECTOR MAN.

Eh. Once again, felt rushed because you couldn't hear what she was thinking and had to be more direct because of that with Haymitch's supply drop messages as well.

I want to see the
cat lady
in Mockingjay. If they show me that and it lives up to the hype then I can forgive them for anything that they screw up.

I can actually buy into Julianne Moore as
President Coin, though. President Snow looked too much like Santa in the first movie for me to see him as evil, but Julianne Moore looks like she can snap at any moment, probably because of her role in Carrie.

Eh. Once again, felt rushed because you couldn't hear what she was thinking and had to be more direct because of that with Haymitch's supply drop messages as well.

I want to see the
cat lady
in Mockingjay. If they show me that and it lives up to the hype then I can forgive them for anything that they screw up.

All I want is to see the epilogue.

If they do that right I will be happy.

zeemumu

All I want is to see the epilogue.

If they do that right I will be happy.

I don't see any conceivable
no pun intended
way that they could screw that up. It's
a fairly tame ending. If they screw up Prim's death, however...
I actually had that spoiled for me by one of my classmates when I was halfway through the book. I wonder if they're
going to pull a Harry Potter and put Jennifer Lawrence in older person makeup.

Prosecutor Blackquill is no Edgeworth, but he's still alright.

I don't see any conceivable
no pun intended
way that they could screw that up. It's
a fairly tame ending. If they screw up Prim's death, however...
I actually had that spoiled for me by one of my classmates when I was halfway through the book. I wonder if they're
going to pull a Harry Potter and put Jennifer Lawrence in older person makeup.

Prosecutor Blackquill is no Edgeworth, but he's still alright.

I want the epilogue to be
narrated by Katniss, line for line from the book, at it shows her life and her children after the Games. No actual dialogue.

zeemumu

Well apparently it's happening. Eventually.

I should hope so. It was a great book. The only problem that I see with it's development is the sheer amount of cultural references in there. That's some pretty messy licensing discussion meetings to go through.

Em you've read it before, right?

By the way, I just finished up case 4 in Dual Destinies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom