• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Banned
Someone for the love of god beat me until I stop putting hashtags in every post.

You rang?

1c.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
Can we get to the brunt of what matters. Freak Encounters is still being aired on television and it's the hottest garbage to ever grace this Earth.

I don't even have a smartphone (not that I post enough to be cool anyway)

Today was the first day at my new job. I had 2 months between quitting my last one and starting this one. I will miss all the internet and video game time :(

Although this is another programming job in the same city, it's quite different. It's a consulting, bill-by-the-hour shop instead of a product company. We mostly do web apps instead of the hardware projects at my last job. We have a lot of different clients. There's a dress code..

You have to wear a shirt with a collar, no t-shirts or jeans. The company provides branded polos for everybody. Most people wear these polos. My wardrobe is normally slacks and either a button-up or a nice v-neck (plain or striped). Polos look so much worse than what I normally wear. They're like the mullets of shirts. Business up top, party all the way down. Either way, I'm going to be expanding my button-ups I guess. And I probably need to find a better ironing solution because currently it takes me hella long to iron my shirts.

Also I make a little more money than at my last job. Like 10% I guess.

Learning all the process and procedure here is a little daunting. Where to log my time, what things I have to do each day, etc. They're very organized wrt all that stuff. I can't wait to just get to the real work of writing code.

I feel like I should be more excited starting a new job. I'm kind of ambivalent about it.

Sorry to livejournal dump.

IMO more money is always worth putting up with a dress code. Sounds like you're doing well though!

MutFox

Banned
I paid 99 cents for whatsapp a few years ago and haven't paid anything since. What are people talking about?

Google hangouts aren't on mobile either are they? This debate is super weird.

Yep, they support Android and iOS... :p
They're also support browser, I use it at work through my browser. :D

As for the whatsapp charge,
when I launched it it, it just says it free for the 1st year.
Not sure if they don't charge, or if it's specific things they charge for.

Guys. I haven't found the right beer to enjoy.

My fave local beer is:
Alexander-Keith.jpg

MutFox

Banned
What's the best off the shelf non-carbinated alchoholic drink?
Not including wine...

Also something between 5-12%

Trying to get something that won't make me burp... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom