• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Watching it caused my hype boner to pierce the heavens.
tumblr_n8tz111cvR1rk0k2jo2_500.gif

Dawg

Hey everyone,

I know I haven't been here for a while. I've even seen some people whisper my name... hoping I'd turn up and be active again. Truth is, I had a new job which was very demanding (5 shift system) and I was very tired when I'd come home + the little time I spent on ze internetz was mostly twitter and stuff.

But I had to quit that job. Not because I couldn't handle it, but because I was suffering from a lot of anxiety. Very bad episode(s). And then depression said hello as well. Combined with OCD, my old enemy. Had some of the worst days in my life these past few weeks.

But then depression slowly disappeared and I was 'ok' again. Didn't quite understand why but eh, I was just happy it was gone. I thought everything was gonna be fine again and I just picked up my old life. I was wrong. It came back. It came back much worse.

I blame myself because I first started having these "moody" episodes and bad thoughts in 2011... but I was in denial for so long and never really got treatment for it. If there is one thing I blame myself for... it's that I didn't see a doctor muuuuch sooner.

Looks like the next step in my life is the psychiatric hospital. I'm thinking of going there for a couple of weeks. Just focusing on my mental problems and nothing else. Finally giving it the attention it deserves. Not sure what to expect, but I hope to become a stronger person at least.

Sorry for bringing my depressing story to this thread. I just wanted to vent, I guess.

pls understand

NinjaBoiX

Hey I enjoyed that movie it's pretty.
54517.jpg
Oh, it's gorgeous. And the soundtrack (apart from that song about a hero) is wicked.

It's just pants and almost purposely, knowingly tedious. If you cut out the weird, needless, awkward silences, it would be about 20 minutes long.

Refn loves to pad out his movies with empty, "arty" guff. Only God Forgives is utterly glacial.

Hey everyone,

I know I haven't been here for a while. I've even seen some people whisper my name... hoping I'd turn up and be active again. Truth is, I had a new job which was very demanding (5 shift system) and I was very tired when I'd come home + the little time I spent on ze internetz was mostly twitter and stuff.

But I had to quit that job. Not because I couldn't handle it, but because I was suffering from a lot of anxiety. Very bad episode(s). And then depression said hello as well. Combined with OCD, my old enemy. Had some of the worst days in my life these past few weeks.

But then depression slowly disappeared and I was 'ok' again. Didn't quite understand why but eh, I was just happy it was gone. I thought everything was gonna be fine again and I just picked up my old life. I was wrong. It came back. It came back much worse.

I blame myself because I first started having these "moody" episodes and bad thoughts in 2011... but I was in denial for so long and never really got treatment for it. If there is one thing I blame myself for... it's that I didn't see a doctor muuuuch sooner.

Looks like the next step in my life is the psychiatric hospital. I'm thinking of going there for a couple of weeks. Just focusing on my mental problems and nothing else. Finally giving it the attention it deserves. Not sure what to expect, but I hope to become a stronger person at least.

Sorry for bringing my depressing story to this thread. I just wanted to vent, I guess.

pls understand

I'm sorry to hear that that happened to you. Depression and anxiety is rough. I know how it feels. If you ever need someone to vent to, you are always welcome to send me a PM.

I think it's good though that you're giving your mental health some much needed TLC. Take some time, figure out your life, and move forward from there. You always have the support of FakeGAF and GAF as a whole. Stay strong, Dawg.

Windam

Scaley member
Hey everyone,

pls understand

Stay strong, brother! You have me here and on PSN and Fb if you need to message someone. I understand what you're going through completely, and it is tough. Swing any questions or anything by, if you want/need to!

Halo 2

Banned
Oh, it's gorgeous. And the soundtrack (apart from that song about a hero) is wicked.

It's just pants and almost purposely, knowingly tedious. If you cut out the weird, needless, awkward silences, it would be about 20 minutes long.

Refn loves to pad out his movies with empty, "arty" guff. Only God Forgives is utterly glacial.
Only god forgives was trash.

Hey everyone,

pls understand

I wasn't really part if FakeGAF when you were active, but I feel you. Glad you're focusing on the problem and trying to tackle it.

zeemumu

Hey Dawg, I hope you get through it okay. Depression sucks. Trust me, I know firsthand. It helps to have a stable base of friends.

NinjaBoiX

I hope you're OK dawg, your posts regularly amuse me. You funny peeps.
Only god forgives was trash.
As was Bronson. I've disliked all of his movies I've seen, as pretty as they are.

He should just be a DP imo, he has a wonderful eye. He just makes shit movies.

Dawg

Thanks guys. Really means a lot to me. Luckily, I have a stable base of friends but I will inform them once things get more concrete. I don't want to tell everyone just yet. I guess it's more difficult telling people you actually see every day.

I don't care for Refn, he's nuts.
I just really like Drive.

I don't get Valhalla Rising. The 'boat scene' made me fall asleep. And I've never slept during a movie before. I felt like that movie was the definition of trying too hard and wanting to be 2deep4u or something.

Like most people (I guess), Drive was the first Refn movie I saw. Loved it. But so far... it's the only movie he made that I actually like.

Halo 2

Banned
Thanks guys. Really means a lot to me. Luckily, I have a stable base of friends but I will inform them once things get more concrete. I don't want to tell everyone just yet. I guess it's more difficult telling people you actually see every day.

I don't get Valhalla Rising. The 'boat scene' made me fall asleep. And I've never slept during a movie before. I felt like that movie was the definition of trying too hard and wanting to be 2deep4u or something.

Like most people (I guess), Drive was the first Refn movie I saw. Loved it. But so far... it's the only movie he made that I actually like.

220px-Nicolas_Winding_Refn_Deauville_2011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom