• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
people are free to do what they want, but setting aside the obvious health implications of smoking, I don't think I could personally date one because everything would smell like smoke and I'd be in a constantly triggered state. I can tolerate people smoking in limited doses but if it was around all the time I'd just die.

I lived with smokers when I had room mates and everything smelled like smoke all the time. car? smells like smoke. clothes? hair? rooms? couch? chairs? smoke. it's awful.

I can't. It triggers my asthma :(

I wouldn't like dating a massive smoker but the occasional cigarette when drunk? why not.
luckily I never felt the urge to smoke more than that. it's really a mood thing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I had a dream I started smoking last night and got addicted. Terrifying

Jobbs

Banned
I wouldn't like dating a massive smoker but the occasional cigarette when drunk? why not.
luckily I never felt the urge to smoke more than that. it's really a mood thing.

www.iveneverknownanyonewhoregularlysmokedbutonlyalittlebit.com

I can't. It triggers my asthma :(

you aren't mising out on much.

I just had a visceral memory of hugging a girl and her hair and jacket smelled like cigarette smoke and it instantly cancelled out her cuteness to me

I'm probably kind of anal on stuff like this but whatever. I'm into smells

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My Spartan ex was a smoker. brb crying with memories I simultaneously hate and miss.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im fine with smoking. I used to smoke a bit while I was in college and then did a bit off e-cigs when I was working as security officer. Just don't smoke too much to the point you reek the smell of cigs and your teeth get messed up.

Jobbs, link doesn't work.

Sol, you don't wanna get involved with Spartans. it's best to forget them and never look back.

also I smoked 2 cigarettes today and I don't regret it. my clothes don't smell like smoke and I didn't go directly to hell (yet). will at least take 3 weeks before my next two so calm your tits my beloved nuns & monks. smoking is not that bad as long as you don't do it too often. it's still not healty of course but candy or junk food isn't either.

How many cigs are in a pack, like 16? I don't see how someone can smoke a pack a day

That being said, I'm fine with someone smoking , it's their decision not mine, I've had a few exs that smoked, didn't bother me tbh

I'll take some free money, I need some Tropicana twister, that sugar water is addicting

Misha

Banned
Jobbs, link doesn't work.

Sol, you don't wanna get involved with Spartans. it's best to forget them and never look back.

also I smoked 2 cigarettes today and I don't regret it. my clothes don't smell like smoke and I didn't go directly to hell (yet). will at least take 3 weeks before my next two so calm your tits my beloved nuns & monks. smoking is not that bad as long as you don't do it too often. it's still not healty of course but candy or junk food isn't either.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing smokers their clothes don't smell.

The rest tho no disagreements

How many cigs are in a pack, like 16? I don't see how someone can smoke a pack a day

That being said, I'm fine with someone smoking , it's their decision not mine, I've had a few exs that smoked, didn't bother me tbh

I'll take some free money, I need some Tropicana twister, that sugar water is addicting

Either 10 or 20

I think at my peak I was smoking 7 or 8 a day, I could see how someone could smoke a small pack but you'd have to smoke basically nonstop for a big one

FUME5

Out.

Of.

Control.

EDIT

I used to buy packs of 30.

I have an addictive personality so I've tried to avoid smoking.

I don't care if others do it and I don't mind the smell, I just know I'm likely to get hooked if I make a habit out of it.

Xiao Hu

I started smoking in Shanghai out of peer pressure from my flatmates and because of the relaxing effect nicotine has. I will quit before going back to Heimat since it definitely has bad influence on my lungs /heart and it's way more expensive back home.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing smokers their clothes don't smell.

The rest tho no disagreements

I know how smoke on clothes smells. and they don't start smelling from two cigs smoked outside. you'll have to smoke more or be surrounded by other smokers. especially indoors it's really bad, even if you didn't hold a cig yourself. my clothes just reek of beer right now since it was spilled everwhere.

Out.

Of.

Control.

EDIT

I used to buy packs of 30.

good you were able to quit then! it definitely was the best decision in that case

Misha

Banned
I know how smoke on clothes smells. and they don't start smelling from two cigs smoked outside. you'll have to smoke more or be surrounded by other smokers. especially indoors it's really bad, even if you didn't hold a cig yourself. my clothes just reek of beer right now since it was spilled everwhere.

Nope. They start smelling from one cigarette smoked outside. You just don't notice it cause you spent a decent amount of time with it all through your body

but the beer would mask it anyway so you get to be a different kind of smelly :p

Jobbs

Banned

I tend to view health and well being as one of the most precious treasures we can have, and while there are some areas where can indulge a bit, or maybe it's a bit grey -- like the occasional junk food -- cigarettes always seemed particularly dangerous to me.

I don't know people who smoke one or two every few weeks like you do. I know people who smoke them every single day and are locked under their thrall. Since that's my experience, I react negatively to cigarettes at their very mention

FUME5

good you were able to quit then! it definitely was the best decision in that case

Yeah, not only for my health but with our tax rate on them I was spending $500 a month on that shit.

Still have plenty of friends who smoke, doesn't bother me, same goes for potential partners.

I love this shirt tbh

CZPNAPr.jpg

Nope. They start smelling from one cigarette smoked outside. You just don't notice it cause you spent a decent amount of time with it all through your body

but the beer would mask it anyway so you get to be a different kind of smelly :p

maybe just slightly. nothing that sticks around too much or is appalling imo. there's still a difference between this and chainsmoking all day. I'm very sensitive to smell and I definitely notice the difference after sitting in a smoke filled room all night for example.

Misha

Banned
maybe just slightly. nothing that sticks around too much or is appalling imo. there's still a difference between this and chainsmoking all day. I'm very sensitive to smell and I definitely notice the difference after sitting in a smoke filled room all night for example.

Yeah I don't disagree with either of those. Goes away after a couple of hours and it smells not good but tolerable from a smell perspective. Still enough to give me a headache and start coughing though.

Its frustrating when people think they're doing me a favor but no matter what they do it still sucks for me. Really my only option is to completely avoid them if they insist on smoking.

Yeah I don't disagree with either of those. Goes away after a couple of hours and it smells not good but tolerable from a smell perspective. Still enough to give me a headache and start coughing though.

Its frustrating when people think they're doing me a favor but no matter what they do it still sucks for me. Really my only option is to completely avoid them if they insist on smoking.
well that's different. I would never insist on smoking then.
I guess that would be her in a long term relationship.

never. I'm not a person that would let herself go unless 100% by myself and a bag of chips. at least not consciously. even after knowing people for a long time. also I would never call my partner "poopy" or "butt". the blanket thing is pretty spot on though. but I don't do it on purpose :X

Pet names are weird to me

I guess I've never been in a situation where I'd be able to use a pet name though

But like I can't imagine calling anyone by anything other than their name

Misha

Banned
well that's different. I would never insist on smoking then.

Insist is a huge exaggeration tbh :p

Most people who end up smoking around me are just friends of friends and acquaintances and usually it just happens before I see it coming.
Id rather not be bitter since they can't really control that circumstance (beyond asking everyone they meet) but its hard not to be when your entire night is ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom