• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Woke up at the same time I'm at work on Fridays. Guess I'm going to have a 10-6 day. :/
tumblr_mr8h36b6uP1qcvaxho1_r1_250.gif

I knew a girl named Nikki
I guess you could say she was a sex fiend
I met her in a hotel lobby
Masturbating with a magazine
She said, "How'd you like to waste some time?"
And I could not resist when I saw little Nikki grind
Darling Nikki is an awesome song.
Why would he act shocked and upset at ass being fat, come on.

Unnf, I miss Ygritte more than any other character. Rose Leslie is just so beautiful.

you have no idea......like........when I first read that part in the book I had to put it down cause I was just too emotional. Jake can attest, he was there. She was my fave. Ugh. I was so mad.

And then the same thing happened with Lexa like 4 years later and I became a mess again.

<3

I liked Sansa throughout the show (even during her naive spoiled brat stage she has before realizing how awful the world really is) until they completely took her out of her book situation and made her a victim yet again. There's only so much bullshit I can take.

I'm probably overly critical because of the books.

yeah I can understand that. but I'm still hoping she's going to get even more badass in the upcoming season.

The arrow was black, Jon saw, but it was fletched with white duck feathers. Not mine, he told himself, not one of mine. But he felt as if it were.

When he knelt in the snow beside her, her eyes opened. “Jon Snow,” she said, very softly. It sounded as though the arrow had found a lung. “Is this a proper castle now? Not just a tower?” “It is.” Jon took her hand. “Good,” she whispered. “I wanted t’ see one proper castle, before… before I…” “You’ll see a hundred castles,” he promised her.

;___________________________________________________________________________;

Halcyon

I haven't seen Game of Thrones after season 3 I believe. I like that at some point I get to catch up with it all in a big binge.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Did you see him in This Is The End? He went at Rihanna's ass.

He was the funniest part of that whole movie.

Nope, didn't watch that movie.

To be honest, Cera is probably a legendary pussy slayer in real life.

marrec

Banned

Ygrittee!!!!

You were too good for Snow anyway. He's literally the worst dude raised by Ned and the only reason he survived so long is cause he was in the safest place in all of Westeros.

Also Sansa's a better character than Dany by MILLLLLLES

zeemumu

I guess this is the last DS3 area.

But wait, I'm where I think I am, and you're here, then that means you're...YOU'RE...
me?

Jobbs

Banned
Just got home.

I don't know if I put out some kind of nurse pheromone or something but the fuckin nurse at the doctor's office was undeniably flirting with me.

whatever.

:: cries over celebrity death::

oh wait, I'm not emotionally damaged

ryseing

Something something fuck Olly.

I am fully aware Olly is an original to show character.

Also Sansa's a better character than Dany by MILLLLLLES

Dany is literally the worst and I'm happy show people are starting to catch on.

AND OF COURSE THE SPOTIFY THING GAVE ME DANY GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

APPARENTLY DANY IS REALLY INTO ELECTROPOP

marrec

Banned
Just got home.

I don't know if I put out some kind of nurse pheromone or something but the fuckin nurse at the doctor's office was undeniably flirting with me.

whatever.

:: cries over celebrity death::

oh wait, I'm not emotionally damaged

Some people transcend celebrity and become cultural touchstones, especially people like Prince and Bowie who helped redefine male sexuality in the 70s and 80s. I think it's perfectly okay for someone to be emotionally touched by the passing of some so influential.

Dany is literally the worst and I'm happy show people are starting to catch on.

Right? Thank fucking god.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Well, I finally got around to watching Episode VII, and...it was okay. New characters are promising (though Rey in particular seems to have been kneecapped by Abrams' need for his stupid Mystery Box marketing), On ground action is pleasant, but...yeah, no fooling, you weren't kidding when you lot said that it's effectively a retelling of Episode IV, complete with the nonsense fanservicey trimmings, for example, that chess thing that they played in IV? It's back, complete with actual stop motion. Abrams also seems to be way too proud with his use of practical effects and physical props throughout, probably more so than Lucas' use of digital effects in the Prequels, as plenty of shots seemed to linger on too long at one particular prop, which I thought came off just as distracting as unneeded CG in other blockbusters of this calibre. I wasn't particularly wowed by the flight sequences at all in the same way I was when I first saw the Original movies. They just felt...ordinary. I think it's because of them lacking an emotional connection to it all (trench run recreation in particular). And while I did enjoy my time with Kylo Ren, when you stop to think about how he came about, don't you think how all that happened seems like one big astronomic coincidence?
In that he's the son and nephew of the people who effectively liberated the galaxy of the Sith and Empire, and now he's the guy who's trying to jumpstart it all again?

But like I said, I liked it. There are some emotive highs throughout. The scene where the Starkiller first fires and what we see going on being my favourite scene in the movie because of a combonation of the visual and emotional level of impending doom to the people on the solar system it destroys. Abrams may be a hack, but at least he's a good hack. The new blood of actors, I am really hopeful for, given just how good and enjoyable they were on screen. Finn particularly really leads himself as the everyman of the new group, something that I don't think we've seen in the Star Wars features thus far, probably meaning that he'll the the audience's self insert character of the new trilogy.

Speaking of trilogies, though, I just hope that one day, we'll finally get a movie or series of Star Wars movies that aren't bound to the shackles of the Original Trilogy, because it just seems really hard for any of these upcoming movies to stand out without going all the way back to the Originals. And as I said before, Episode VII is all too guilty of going back to that well, seeing how many moments and recreations of scenes are straight up lifted from A New Hope. Which is pretty worrisome if that's all Star Wars fans need to really have a good time with the series. I can assure you that if the Prequels had as many call backs to the Originals as Episode VII had, while still having its aloof way of telling a story underneath, we'd probably still be debating that trilogy's merits to this very day. Case in point...The Amazing Spiderman movies. I hate both movies to my very core, but plenty of folks seem to be just fine with Spidey making as many quips as he can, and Garfield and Stone being all charming, despite their shallow relationship in both movies amounting to nothing. You still need a good theme, a good story, a good plot to go with all of it. And Episode VII at least succeeded in most of where the ASM movies failed. So while I don't think as good as certain "jaded by the Prequels" fans make it out to be, it at least gets my approving thumbs up. Let's just hope that VIII manages to be a much better movie, now that they've got a genuine auteur on the project to do something different from the usual Star Wars norm.

WILL YOU PAY ATTENTION TO ME!?

marrec

Banned
Speaking of trilogies, though, I just hope that one day, we'll finally get a movie or series of Star Wars movies that aren't bound to the shackles of the Original Trilogy,

I think the callbacks to Ep IV were great and it wasn't derivative at all but I wanted to expose this and say FUCK YES I AGREE 100%

Get away from Skywalker, that shit is DONE.

Jobbs

Banned
just to touch on something from earlier:

• red head = JGKDJLKGDLJKGLKDGLKJDGLKDJGLKJGLKJD
  • dark/black hair = unffff
  • brunette = yes
  • fun colors = fun!
  • blonde = ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I can give a reason. Blonde hair is an inferior choice on almost anyone (very few people pull it off well) because it doesn't provide as much contrast to serve one of hair's primary purposes -- to frame the face. There are a few people where it just clicks for whatever reason -- But that's a minority. Meanwhile, TONS of people go blonde, especially women.

I should state that everyone's entitled to their taste and women (or men) should by no means care what I think of their hair choice, but just for me I think blonde hair is so fucking boring that it's boring.

• brunette = yes
  • fun colors = fun!
I can give a reason. Blonde hair is an inferior choice on almost anyone (very few people pull it off well) because it doesn't provide as much contrast to serve one of hair's primary purposes -- to frame the face. There are a few people where it just clicks for whatever reason -- But that's a minority. Meanwhile, TONS of people go blonde, especially women.

I should state that everyone's entitled to their taste and women should by no means care what I think of their hair choice, but just for me I think blonde hair is so fucking boring that it's boring.

Get fucked

FloatOn

• brunette = yes
  • fun colors = fun!

I should state that everyone's entitled to their taste and women (or men) should by no means care what I think of their hair choice, but just for me I think blonde hair is so fucking boring that it's boring.

totally agreed.

my ex-wife had blonde hair. ergo, never dating a blonde again.

to that end, I'll probably never date a person named Emilie again. Despite the most recent girl that I had a 10 year crush on being named Emily.

in summary, if/when I ever date again I want to be with someone radically different because reasons.

Well, I finally got around to watching Episode VII, and...it was okay. New characters are promising (though Rey in particular seems to have been kneecapped by Abrams' need for his stupid Mystery Box marketing), On ground action is pleasant, but...yeah, no fooling, you weren't kidding when you lot said that it's effectively a retelling of Episode IV, complete with the nonsense fanservicey trimmings, for example, that chess thing that they played in IV? It's back, complete with actual stop motion. Abrams also seems to be way too proud with his use of practical effects and physical props throughout, probably more so than Lucas' use of digital effects in the Prequels, as plenty of shots seemed to linger on too long at one particular prop, which I thought came off just as distracting as unneeded CG in other blockbusters of this calibre. I wasn't particularly wowed by the flight sequences at all in the same way I was when I first saw the Original movies. They just felt...ordinary. I think it's because of them lacking an emotional connection to it all (trench run recreation in particular). And while I did enjoy my time with Kylo Ren, when you stop to think about how he came about, don't you think how all that happened seems like one big astronomic coincidence?
In that he's the son and nephew of the people who effectively liberated the galaxy of the Sith and Empire, and now he's the guy who's trying to jumpstart it all again?

But like I said, I liked it. There are some emotive highs throughout. The scene where the Starkiller first fires and what we see going on being my favourite scene in the movie because of a combonation of the visual and emotional level of impending doom to the people on the solar system it destroys. Abrams may be a hack, but at least he's a good hack. The new blood of actors, I am really hopeful for, given just how good and enjoyable they were on screen. Finn particularly really leads himself as the everyman of the new group, something that I don't think we've seen in the Star Wars features thus far, probably meaning that he'll the the audience's self insert character of the new trilogy.

Speaking of trilogies, though, I just hope that one day, we'll finally get a movie or series of Star Wars movies that aren't bound to the shackles of the Original Trilogy, because it just seems really hard for any of these upcoming movies to stand out without going all the way back to the Originals. And as I said before, Episode VII is all too guilty of going back to that well, seeing how many moments and recreations of scenes are straight up lifted from A New Hope. Which is pretty worrisome if that's all Star Wars fans need to really have a good time with the series. I can assure you that if the Prequels had as many call backs to the Originals as Episode VII had, while still having its aloof way of telling a story underneath, we'd probably still be debating that trilogy's merits to this very day. Case in point...The Amazing Spiderman movies. I hate both movies to my very core, but plenty of folks seem to be just fine with Spidey making as many quips as he can, and Garfield and Stone being all charming, despite their shallow relationship in both movies amounting to nothing. You still need a good theme, a good story, a good plot to go with all of it. And Episode VII at least succeeded in most of where the ASM movies failed. So while I don't think as good as certain "jaded by the Prequels" fans make it out to be, it at least gets my approving thumbs up. Let's just hope that VIII manages to be a much better movie, now that they've got a genuine auteur on the project to do something different from the usual Star Wars norm.

WILL YOU PAY ATTENTION TO ME!?

I loved it. Rey is awesome and it managed to keep the original feel of the original movies while being entertaining for a new age.

Fuck episodes 1-3.

Xiao Hu

Talking about redheads. I totally dig when women wear dark red lipstick and(/or) black stockings. It's really hard not to think with my genitals with these kind of women around :S

marrec

Banned
I loved it. Rey is awesome and it managed to keep the original feel of the original movies while being entertaining for a new age.

Fuck episodes 1-3.

100% truth contained in this post Dragonz you are smart.

• brunette = yes
  • fun colors = fun!

I agree with this.

marrec

Banned
Starkiller blowing up all those planets was the shittiest part of the movie though for real. Like, we're supposed to care about all these randos because they're making sad faces? Who the fuck are they? Nobody fucking cares.

Jobbs

Banned
Talking about redheads. I totally dig when women wear dark red lipstick and(/or) black stockings. It's really hard not to think with my genitals with these kind of women around :S

interesting.

personally, when it comes to my preference in women, I prefer a minimal look to makeup. I think the intent of makeup ought to be to conceal/accentuate, not paint a painting.

Fuck episodes 1-3.

redeemed

Misha

Banned
Starkiller blowing up all those planets was the shittiest part of the movie though for real. Like, we're supposed to care about all these randos because they're making sad faces? Who the fuck are they? Nobody fucking cares.

its better than the whole "omg its han solo" scene

I did recently realize that doing the whole fanboy/girl thing actually does work in movies though with the antman civil war trailer. that is actually enjoyable instead of cringey for once

FloatOn

supposedly there are deleted scenes that go into those planets and whatnot. honestly wished they would have done more with the political landscape than that shitty men in black alien attack on Han's freighter sequence.

edit - although, I can see the reason why they did it. going to political would have taken the focus off the new characters and would have made the movie bloated as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom