• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

GGLDAWL.jpg

Good Lord...

I really want to put my face in there.

image.php

Me learning that One Piece has over 600 episodes. Animu is truly the king of filler.

There's not actually that much "filler" filler. It moves very very very slowly at times because it's pretty much caught up with the manga (which ain't no problem if you binge watch like me), but they've both been going for over 15 years at this point.

A shitload of stuff's happened.

And it's great.

Currently reading The Road. I'm in love with the prose and the general bleakness and hopelessness of the world. But someone needs to slap Cormac McCarthy and tell him writing conversations without quotation marks is not cute.

Exposition. Conversation starts with no visual indication. This isn't actually that bad usually. But some conversations are fucking confusing as fuck because of it.

Risgroo

Me after encountering the alien for the first time in Alien Isolation:

tumblr_n72q8uXr4y1rvs9wso2_500.gif

I tried to play it a few months ago, but I got stuck before the alien showed up. :negmon:
Me not smarts. Might try it again soon, but I'm gonna be busy with Bloodborne and Phoenix Wright games for a looong time.

Goddamn, the Anne Frank line is fucking brutal.

I tried to play it a few months ago, but I got stuck before the alien showed up. :negmon:
Me not smarts. Might try it again soon, but I'm gonna be busy with Bloodborne and Phoenix Wright games for a looong time.

"Why isn't Alien Isolation and Phoenix Wright more like Bloodborne?"

I got stuck once at the beginning because I wasn't quite sure where to go, but I figured it out eventually.

Risgroo

"Why isn't Alien Isolation and Phoenix Wright more like Bloodborne?"

I got stuck once at the beginning because I wasn't quite sure where to go, but I figured it out eventually.

I've already prepared 50 threads containing my ideas for Borne-ifying all your favourite games. "Why isn't Solitaire more like Bloodborne?" is gonna be the thread of the year.
The Borne Ultimatum

Phoenix Wright is the one game that doesn't need to be more like Bloodblorne, shit's perfect so far.

Turin

Banned
I've lost count of how many times I've died already...... Feels good, man. ^_^

After a couple hours I realized I made the wrong choice in picking the pistol over the shotgun. So I deleted and started over.

Risgroo

I've lost count of how many times I've died already...... Feels good, man. ^_^

After a couple hours I realized I made the wrong choice in picking the pistol over the shotgun. So I deleted and started over.

First boss absolutely #shrekt me just now, but at least I found a nice shortcut. I'm gonna have to grind a bit before I try again tonight. What's your PSN btw? I need more friendos :)

Seriously enjoying it so far, I'm about to become a disgusting Fromsoft fan like everyone else.
4yOvOgB.png

Finally played episode two of Telltale Game of Thrones.

Shit went down at the end and I am here for it. Mira's storyline in King's Landing is the best bit of the game.

Turin

Banned
First boss absolutely #shrekt me just now, but at least I found a nice shortcut. I'm gonna have to grind a bit before I try again tonight. What's your PSN btw? I need more friendos :)

Seriously enjoying it so far, I'm about to become a disgusting Fromsoft fan like everyone else.
4yOvOgB.png

I'm loving it. It's like Groundhogs Day and Edge of Tomorrow(never read the manga. I don't care). :D

The first boss requires a lot of timed flurries. I trained a bit before beating that spawn of Satan/HP Lovecraft.

Finally played episode two of Telltale Game of Thrones.

Shit went down at the end and I am here for it. Mira's storyline in King's Landing is the best bit of the game.

Just getting to that?

I'm readying myself to play episode 3 because I know I'm going to be redoing it at least 3-4 times until I'm satisfied. O__O

Just getting to that?

I'm readying myself to play episode 3 because I know I'm going to be redoing it at least 3-4 times until I'm satisfied. O__O

I really enjoyed forging
a letter from Margaery to the Glenmores. And of course the assassination attempt was everything.

I want to see some damn dragons in the next episode.

Turin

Banned
I really enjoyed forging
a letter from Margaery to the Glenmores. And of course the assassination attempt was everything.

I want to see some damn dragons in the next episode.

I managed to secure the marriage without the letter.

I'm trying to be careful with Mira until she can make some big moves. It might not matter but the idea is that I'm trying to keep her in Margaery's good graces for now.

Ah yes, a blogger.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hey FakeGAF. Get into iZombie.

Z2o9RmU.jpg

It's basically the Supernatural Veronica Mars we never got. Charming, witty, fastmouthed and filled to the brim with cute dead and undead persons solving cases trying to navigate the new postmortem normal.

mPD2kvJ.gif

S1sd9Ii.gif

ChDJwS6.gif

The first episode was enjoyable, but the second one made me fall in love with it. Rose McIver is totes adorbs.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I have so many shows to get into. I've still only watched two episodes of True Detective.

The struggle. :negman

Oh man... get on with it. True Detective is not a show that benefits from long breaks. It's not one you should devour in one sitting either, but long breaks will definitely make you lose the thread.

I think I watched it in bursts of two episodes. It can get fairly depleting, specially nearing the end of the season.

Turin

Banned
Yeah. For me True Detective was right up there with Fargo and Hannibal last year.

The ending
troubled some people but I prefer to look at it as being about Rust experiencing emotion he hadn't felt in decades.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yeah. For me True Detective was right up there with Fargo and Hannibal last year.

The ending
troubled some people but I prefer to look at it as being about Rust experiencing emotion he hadn't felt in decades.

Dude is a wreck with a diet based on heroic amounts of hard drugs. There's no good reason to overthink what happened.

zeemumu

If I were to ever return from the dead I want it to be in the style and theme of the overture from the Phantom of the opera

The ending of The Road almost made me do the ugly cry. What a book.

So evocative and layered with symbolism. Not to mention just unbelievably eloquent. Incredible.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The ending of The Road almost made me do the ugly cry. What a book.

So evocative and layered with symbolism. Not to mention just unbelievably eloquent. Incredible.

One of the best "feels bad, man" books in recent times.

Somewhat related: querlfrend continues to watch GoT with me so we can watch the new season together by the time it airs. We are up to Ep5 of S1. She cowered when the Mountain beheaded his horse and refused to look at the TV when Ned got speared at Littlefinger's brothel.

I don't think she's quite ready for what is yet to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom