• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans are worried Metaphor won't sell well because Xbox is heavily promoting it

Yeah BG3 would’ve been better if you mashed X for combat
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

skyfinch

Seriously? First party Xbox games coming to PlayStation. Phil has a Sony logo tattooed on his taint. Y'all really that insecure about a 3rd party game?

Last edited:

Katajx

I could kind of see it, but maybe it’s more about the name. I had no idea what it was. I just started P3R though last week, so now it is on my radar.

Sooner

I still thought this was PS5 and Switch only, like most games like this. Xbox advertising it won't hurt it on PlayStation. But, it probably won't help much on Xbox either.

Fbh

I mean it will probably sell 4 copies on Xbox but I doubt MS having the marketing deal is going to prevent it from selling well on Ps4/5 and PC.
The target audience of this game knows it's coming out soon and on which platforms. More casual players who don't know it exists will see the reviews and social media buzz which aren't going to be Xbox focused.

StueyDuck

Isn't it a brand new game that's not released.

Shouldn't fans wait to play the game before declaring themselves as fans?

Unless this is one of those Kickstarter games with like 5 versions I'm unaware of and people already something metaphor related

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
lmao at anyone giving microsoft/xbox markerting rights to their game. just being sent to die. especially a niche title.

they clearly suck at marketing - their console failed, and they resorted to buying ACTIVISION and are still in last place.

They have CALL OF DUTY for free on their platform, and are still in last place, not even somewhat competitive.. do you know how hard that is to do?

its stupid to give them marketing rights to your game. money talks I guess... but this game WILL sell like trash.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Money talks.

But it was totally a bad call signing a promoting deal with Xbox for this game, yes.

If you're gonna sign a deal, sign with the winning side, duh.
Don't think steam do these big advertising pushes even for their own games.

Crunchbox

Neo Member
They might be right because im a huge persona and atlus fan and didnt even know what the hell metaphor was until a week ago because i visit certain cords and someone was a super fan there. Why would ms even want the marketing deal? All the hardcore jrpg fans own the ps5. Ps5 collectors edition sold out as well and xbox still up there.

The game literally has a free demo available on all platforms it is on lol

Gamers know it exists on PS5 that whole premise is stupid

Persona 3 Reload also had a marketing deal with Xbox and it has sold just fine on PS and PC

Last edited:

Calverz

That mightykeef guy is unbearable on x. His YouTube videos are sometimes quite funny though. But man he is annoying as hell on x/twitter.

Skifi28

I'd be far more worried about the terrible image quality on consoles and performance on PC despite the game looking like it came straight from the PS3.

Considering the last two underperformed then I wouldn't say thats out of the question.

Judging by the other comments your statement received in this thread id say your out of touch.

You could praise Fortnite on here and be "out of touch" with the comments. Actions speak louder than words. Lets see Square go back to turn based for mainline games.

Yoboman

Step 1:
Ride a massive wave of success with PlayStation and Nintendo focused releases over the past decade that sees your reputation develop into one of the best in the industry

Step 2:
Sign an exclusive marketing deal for your most critically acclaimed team launching their first new IP in 13 years on the console that is last place, has never bought JRPGs and refuses to buy games not on Gamepass

Step 3:
fzoM.gif

With that said, Sega only has themselves to blame if this flops because it looks pretty special.
It's literally just a Persona game with a fantasy skin, there isn't anything special about the gameplay. It's the same gameplay as the last 20 years of SMT/Persona titles and it uses the same old engine that Persona 5 used. It's quite literally the Starfield of Persona games

I just hope the story ends up being good and makes up for the total lack of innovation

Last edited:

Astray

I just hope the story ends up being good and makes up for the total lack of innovation
Starfield of Atlus games is a bit harsh but I can see where you're coming from lol.

From what I've played of the demo, the game's story looks like it can take some pretty trippy and inventive turns.

Top Bottom