• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Ithil

Who is doubting that Eva Marie is a heat magnet? No one is more booed than her. The problem is she can't do anything, so it's pretty much going to waste.
"Fuck all of you ungrateful vanilla midget low budget indie loving fucks" God-tier Arrogant Heel Roman Reigns will make it very, very hard for me to boo him.

I love that you fantasy book that he's an amazing heel because...something.
No pressure, right? He only has to be Rocky Maivia > The Rock, after all.

Zach

Watch out, the Eva Marie Hate Force is about to call you a gimmick poster because they don't have the presence of mind to accept a different viewpoint!

I'm on your side, friend. Eva Marie is a heat magnet.

Ssshhh. Shut that face, NeoGAF Vince McMahon.

I don't know if you're including your old friend Zach in your quite-possibly-made-up "Eva Marie Hate Force", but I'm one of the ones who finds her to be atrocious. The way they've been booking her lately has been as good as you could hope for, but she still seems especially dangerous in the ring, and that's a problem.

There's definitely a place for a vapid heel, though, so hopefully she can tidy things up a hair.

tumblr_n6d85kBRXS1rofocqo1_400.gif

Most definitely. The loss of Bryan is a big one but if they play their cards right, Zayn can be just as big. Already has a chant.

Kaiterra

Banned
Who is doubting that Eva Marie is a heat magnet? No one is more booed than her. The problem is she can't do anything, so it's pretty much going to waste.

I don't think it's going to waste with her being used the way she is. The only real problem I have at that point is the probability of her hurting someone for real. But I like Ryback anyway so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

somedevil

You know on the day after Wrestlemania they are going towards a Reigns vs Ambrose feud. If they do that the best idea is flip Reigns heel because if they turn Ambrose heel he will be still be cheered over Roman.

edit: As for Eva Marie NXT books her right. In the tag match they kept her match time low, let Nia Jax do all the work and she got the easy win for the heat.

Ithil

You can't replace the top guy with a clone. It never works.
He's got to be someone new who resonates with the audience you've got, not the made up audience you'd like to have.

Hence why I'd go with Sami.

jmdajr

Only thing holding back Reigns is supposedly Steph. Getting fans to love HHH is not hard at all, obviously. But sympy for Steph will be much harder. Wonder how that will play out.

Mahonay

Banned
You know on the day after Wrestlemania they are going towards a Reigns vs Ambrose feud. If they do that the best idea is flip Reigns heel because if they turn Ambrose heel he will be still be cheered over Roman.
100 percent guaranteed if they go that direction.

Eva should go up to the main roster and declare that WWE has no place for women, only Divas. Say that the only matches they should be having should be bra and panties matches, with storylines not on Raw, but on Total Divas

Women vs. Divas. Storyline culminates in a title feud, victor decides whether the championship will be Diva's or Women's

Divas wins #ratings

Kaiterra

Banned
Eva should go up to the main roster and declare that WWE has no place for women, only Divas. Say that the only matches they should be having should be bra and panties matches, with storylines not on Raw, but on Total Divas

Women vs. Divas. Storyline culminates in a title feud, victor decides whether the championship will be Diva's or Women's

Divas wins #ratings

Aaaagh! Fuck FETO Wrestling Entertainment! Worst company ever! T_T

Zach

You can't replace the top guy with a clone. It never works.
He's got to be someone new who resonates with the audience you've got, not the made up audience you'd like to have.

Hence why I'd go with Sami.

But how does Sami become the top guy? Feud with KO and then move on to the theoretical heel Reigns? Show me the path, brother.

I still think the most natural, easiest thing to do is have Reigns turn heel and reign (huh huh) supreme until babyface Rollins returns.

Only thing holding back Reigns is supposedly Steph. Getting fans to love HHH is not hard at all, obviously. But sympy for Steph will be much harder. Wonder how that will play out.

Maybe Stephanie should go away forever?

Syder

So babyfaces break peoples noses using pedigree on steel steps, point to their crotch and have boos edited during their appearance on a PG show?
The WWE hasn't done babyfaces well in a looooong time.

Ambrose and Taker low blow people, Lesnar F5's a cameraman (and Michael Cole which in kayfabe is a heel move), Reigns beat up Triple H for no other reason than he's heel, Ziggler stole Rusev's girlfriend, face Rock implying he screwed Lana, Jericho literally just attacked AJ for no reason after beating The Social Outcasts and then didn't turn heel at Fastlane and now they're a team?

No one is going to be the top guy as long as the authority exists in its current form.

i guess? i dont think vince and Co. know how to do anything good so it would end up being awful. See Rollins, Seth.

who was the last great heel in WWE, Bockwinkel Jericho?

Yes. Bockwinkel Jericho was the perfect heel.

Friends, do you think it's possible we get Bayley vs Asuka at Dallas TakeOver?
Hopefully. I'd assume (hope?) Bayley drops the title to move up. Build up the roster and get some legit storylines going for the women's division

Asuka is my favorite to watch right now, not sure how long they intend to keep her in NXT. I fear she'd get buried but it would be hilarious to have her just silently walk in on other people's promos doing the Asuka face. It'd be an easy way to get her over with the crowd, I think.

Zach

The WWE hasn't done babyfaces well in a looooong time.

Ambrose and Taker low blow people, Lesnar F5's a cameraman (and Michael Cole which in kayfabe is a heel move), Reigns beat up Triple H for no other reason than he's heel, Ziggler stole Rusev's girlfriend, face Rock implying he screwed Lana, Jericho literally just attacked AJ for no reason after beating The Social Outcasts and then didn't turn heel at Fastlane and now they're a team?

I don't want to JR you guys to death with my occasional JR-ness, but heels need to work like heels! Rake eyes, low blow, do naughty stuff behind the ref's back. Babyfaces should mostly follow the rules, but they are allowed to occasionally lash out with heel tactics as a receipt, when they've had it up to here!

DMczaf

Meltzer's latest podcast was kinda depressing.

WWE has created a product where you are now more over if you are not on TV, than if you are on TV. You are actually being hurt the ore you are on TV now.

The whole idea of wrasslin on TV is to get guys over...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why you willingly choose to be obtuse outside of snarky attempts at trolling.What do reactions and audiences have to do with it? The audience aren't writing the scripts. We've discussed the discrepancy before between what plays on stage vs what audiences want.

Babyfaces and Heels are written and given context with storyline. The audience doesn't get to pick and choose that context though they certainly make it known who their favorite performers are regardless of kayfabe.

That the show is PG is relevant because it paints a black and white picture to kids about who is or who isn't "good" or "bad". What kid is going to walk away going "dad, HHH broke Roman's nose. What a heroic reaction!"

You're cherry picking your definitions of babyfaces/heels. At most, he's a meta character during that segment. He still has an all out agenda for revenge again Reigns for refusing to join the authority and getting pummled for scheming against Reigns. I made a clear concise summary of the incidents that lead to these moments here

and again with the hive mind bullshit. a "different viewpoint" doesn't excuse anyone from being wrong. You're advocating someone who has on more than one occassion hurt and threatened the careers of the people around her. she is hot garbage as a "talent"

Hulk Hogan is hot garbage as a "talent" as well but he could garner a reaction. The only thing worse is no reaction and Eva Marie is gettin it. Good on her.

I just don't see how PG matters. I don't think it dumbs down anything involving storyline to make it easier for kids to understand, it's just a code to not do certain things. I don't think that means it's geared specifically towards undeveloped minds (though there's PLENTY of jokes there for wrassle fans, of which I am)

If Eva Marie gets so much hate for mainly being dangerous in the ring, which I'm not seeing much of aside from that worked-ass Breaking Ground show, then where's the heat for AJ Styles and his supposedly crippling finisher?
Real answer is it was never AJ's fault that the person didn't take the bump right

Eva Marie is FINE and something bad can happen to anyone. Some people may appear to be a liability, but it's hard to damn someone for "almost" injuring someone else if there is no injury. We all hate the Miz for missing catches, though.

Another point why HHH will not go down as babyface (nor is he atm). Steph, League of Nations, Vince, The Authority...all heel factions. Guilt by association and all that.

You throw Shane in the middle of it, and what then? Hmmm. Interesting possibilities.

WWE has created a product where you are now more over if you are not on TV, than if you are on TV. You are actually being hurt the ore you are on TV now.

Doesn't sound so bad to me. TV is dead.

Zach

Hopefully. I'd assume (hope?) Bayley drops the title to move up. Build up the roster and get some legit storylines going for the women's division

Asuka is my favorite to watch right now, not sure how long they intend to keep her in NXT. I fear she'd get buried but it would be hilarious to have her just silently walk in on other people's promos doing the Asuka face. It'd be an easy way to get her over with the crowd, I think.

Nah, dude. Asuka needs to be out there cutting 15-minute promos. Obviously.

(I agree with you on everything!)

not expsoed to 50/50 booking gets guys over .

who know??

Ithil

Hulk Hogan is hot garbage as a "talent" as well but he could garner a reaction. The only thing worse is no reaction and Eva Marie is gettin it. Good on her.

Oh come on. Hogan was a hell of a talker.
Eva can't do anything. All she does is raise her arms because that's the video game taunt she was taught. I still recall that "you....verse...me" promo where she just stopped halfway through and restarted the whole thing from scratch exactly the same because she could only recite the script she was given.

Top Bottom