• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

MilkyPinkDuiker.gif

PWInsider.com is reporting that Strowman is improving, and it’s mostly evident when he works out. According to multiple PWInsider sources, Strowman is a lot better than what we’ve seen on WWE TV and he can do a lot more in the ring than what we’ve seen from him so far. Apparently Strowman’s in-ring skills are being saved for a bigger stage, likely WrestleMania.

We’ve noted in the past how Vince McMahon sees Braun as one of his personal “projects”, and wants to push him as a top guy in WWE. Everything we see from Strowman comes straight from Vince McMahon, down to how he’s been presented, to the way he works, the way he picks opponents up, the way he stumbles around and sometimes takes bumps. These are all reportedly “edicts” from Vince McMahon.

While the Braun vs. Taker WrestleMania singles match may have been nixed already, it was said that WWE does have a longterm plan for the former strongman champion. There was even talk of doing Strowman vs. Brock Lesnar around SummerSlam time, if everything goes well with his performance at WrestleMania 32.

Just have him in the Andre tournament and leave it alone, sheesh.

ya no im starting to agree with Stone Colds theory on why there is so many injuries in todays wrestling.

“I just think that, when you look at the game of professional football it’s sped up so much more than it used to be,” Austin said. “The guys are bigger, faster, stronger, and I think the same kind of goes with WWE. I think the guys and the gals are working harder and faster, and are more athletic than they ever were. So the athletic sequences are so risky.”

Carnby

I guess this is a good way of describing it. It seems like the persona of CM Punk crossed over into real life. I get the dude worked hard to be where he is, but I also feel like the way he talks about some stuff is him thumbing his nose at people.

I've always said if CM Punk took himself just a bit more serious than he already does, he'd think wrestling is real.

Kaladin

Vince probably sees Strowman as his next big guy. He's got the size of Big Show with none of the baggage. Plus he's a homegrown talent which Vince loves. I hope he's as good as Vince hopes.

Based on this one match of his I've just seen at Rev Pro, I think Donovan Dijak is my new favourite wrestler. He's such a fucking try hard, I love it. So much flippy shit

Tagyhag

Vince probably sees Strowman as his next big guy. He's got the size of Big Show with none of the baggage. Plus he's a homegrown talent which Vince loves. I hope he's as good as Vince hopes.

So far...dude's green as hell, but maybe he'll come out for the better like Big Show.

The Giant was pretty meh, but early Big Show pulled out some good matches.

Based on this one match of his I've just seen at Rev Pro, I think Donovan Dijak is my new favourite wrestler. He's such a fucking try hard, I love it. So much flippy shit

Did he do that springboard corkscrew press or the springboard SSP? There's no way a dude that big should be hitting crazy shit like that, I swear one day he's going to do a Brock.

He's going to need the whole barrel to help him out. At least Show had some talent in him, Braun is green as baby doo doo. Vince loves his men who compete in Strongman tournaments though. I just learned he's a from NC, hilarious.

Savitar

If you like XCom and was thinking of getting Xcom 2 there are now mods for WWE and WCW characters. This includes Randy “Macho Man” Savage, Hollywood “Hulk” Hogan, Mick “Mankind” Foley, Steve “Sting” Borden, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Dolph “The Showoff” Ziggler, Phil “CM Punk” Brooks”, and Stephen “Sheamus” Farelly.

But who will survive.

Did he do that springboard corkscrew press or the springboard SSP? There's no way a dude that big should be hitting crazy shit like that, I swear one day he's going to do a Brock.

Reminds me of Xavier, which, you know, is okay for a little while.

Or Anthony Nese, now that I think about it.

Meanwhile, rumor is that this Monday's Raw is a big one for D-Bry fans.

trre.gif

What baggage?

I also feel like the whole "BIG GUY" thing doesn't work anymore in the WWE. At least in it's current form they're not letting these guys be dominating enough to build up that kind of imposing force. It's kind of like how Taker or Kane lost all their luster the moment they switched out of the demonic thing (at least for me).

LOL @ trying to sell the notion that Strowman is anything but green garbage. If Vince has his way we might be looking at Reigns vs Strowman headlining PPV's in the not too distant future, wouldn't that be......something...

What baggage?

I also feel like the whole "BIG GUY" thing doesn't work anymore in the WWE. At least in it's current form they're not letting these guys be dominating enough to build up that kind of imposing force. It's kind of like how Taker or Kane lost all their luster the moment they switched out of the demonic thing (at least for me).
It will baffles me that Kane and Taker would get hit with Steel chairs and just stand there, now it breaks them apart. That's what killed it for me. Fuck the RA era man; it got less playful 😯 and more serious.

Savitar

Strowman will go the way of Bob Lashley. Or any other big jerk off Vince McMahon project when he loses interest in them after they prove themselves incapable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As I can't tell female wrestlers apart from looking at their breasts, I'm presuming that's Nikki Bella?

She's the only one who got major neck surgery recently so yes I assume so.

Strowman will go the way of Bob Lashley. Or any other big jerk off Vince McMahon project when he loses interest in them after they prove themselves incapable.
Vince was still high on Lashley, Lashley decided to see his way out. You should compare him more to Khali in that sense or Ryback. Ryback is doing jack shit now even though he has that look they crave for.

Pikma

Banned
Watching Benoit come out holding Woman's hand is the most cringeworthy shit ever, he never even bothers to pretend it's not something management forced on them. It's uncomfortable to watch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't understand why everyone keeps talking about this "put Shawn Michaels in HHH's corner and the Rock in Reigns' corner" thing as though it would make the match interesting in any way or put Roman over. Did these people not watch the Rock get booed by holding Reigns arm up a year back? Giving Roman endorsements doesn't fucking work and its not going to work in the future.

Pikma

Banned
I don't understand why everyone keeps talking about this "put Shawn Michaels in HHH's corner and the Rock in Reigns' corner" thing as though it would make the match interesting in any way or put Roman over. Did these people not watch the Rock get booed by holding Reigns arm up a year back? Giving Roman endorsements doesn't fucking work and its not going to work in the future.
I don't think they even care about putting Roman over anymore, they'll just continue with their plan to make him the company's face no matter what, if they cared about people's acceptance he wouldn't even be where he is right now.

Dave posted on the wrestling classics board that Bryan gave his notice to WWE and was told he did not have the right to give notice
Damn, I don't even know what to think anymore. I wish I had a time machine so I can see how this works out because I've grown tired of waiting to see what they're going to do. If they're going to just let him rot, fuck it, just tell us and let him go. No need to waste everyone's time.

Cakp9a4W8AAUEbD.jpg

I hope this doesn't happen to Punk 😶

shit, no, he can do that too? no he was doing springboard spinning topes to the floor, and backflipping off the apron in like a foot's worth of space, generally running round like an insane person

Top Bottom