• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep a close eye out for bootlegs

Robertcop-e1344365748385.jpg

;)
But which is the bootleg? I'm thinking Robert Cop is probably the better of the two.

Finally Corvo-kun's Qubeley has been shipped.

I still can't believe two Gundam kits were the winners hah. Looking forward to the completed kits!

VanillaCakeIsBurning - it goes like this : you get a few figures, you find space for them then immediately get annoyed by the fact you lack the proper photography tools to do them justice and get a camera. Your reactions are perfectly normal!

I'm guessing that you're speaking from experience? :p

I might have an old camera lying around somewhere. I'll see how that works out (if I can find it).

StayDead

Ahhh, it's shadows. I had been thinking about having a rotating silhouette shelf with a bright backlight and a cloth at the front of the shelf.

Ahh, sorry, I didn't get that. Yep, it was a pain to get the actual pictures, I had to use all my flexibility and steadiness to get good ones.

Keep a close eye out for bootlegs

Robertcop-e1344365748385.jpg

;)

Haha, man, I think I've seen that before, still awesome. But I was talking about Robocop figmas, I'm searching for one specific Figma and I found a lot of Robocops, many impulse buyers I guess.

gokieks

On cameras: I highly recommend a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera as the best option for most people - they're a lot less unwieldly than DSLR while still giving you the flexibility of picking different lenses to suit your needs, offer much better image quality than most point and shoots, and can be found for fairly cheap.

And you can build a light box for product photography very easily - get a large cardboard box, cut out one side completely and leave only a frame on 3 other sizes and covered with translucent tissue paper, and line the inside with paper of whatever color/texture you want. All of the materials together cost maybe $15. Lights can cost a bit more depends on how many and what kind you want, as well as type of bulb, but even if you need to buy all of those it still can be done for less than $100. I don't have any pictures of my current lightbox, but here's my old setup when I had a much smaller lightbox that wasn't nearly big enough so I've since replaced it with a bigger one (bought a cardboard box from Lowes):

On cameras: I highly recommend a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera as the best option for most people - they're a lot less unwieldly than DSLR while still giving you the flexibility of picking different lenses to suit your needs, offer much better image quality than most point and shoots, and can be found for fairly cheap.

And you can build a light box for product photography very easily - get a large cardboard box, cut out one side completely and leave only a frame on 3 other sizes and covered with translucent tissue paper, and line the inside with paper of whatever color/texture you want. All of the materials together cost maybe $15. Lights can cost a bit more depends on how many and what kind you want, as well as type of bulb, but even if you need to buy all of those it still can be done for less than $100. I don't have any pictures of my current lightbox, but here's my old setup when I had a much smaller lightbox that wasn't nearly big enough so I've since replaced it with a bigger one (bought a cardboard box from Lowes):
I'm actually working on one of these later tonight!

Thanks for the info, very well done. I already made a portable oven with lights and foil to heat my clay, so I might have some boxes here to do this.

omlet

My light box looks a lot like the one gokieks just posted and since he explained how to build it, that saves me from having to do that later. :p Built it in a couple hours with about $10 of materials. Except instead of tissue paper I used thin cloth from the hobby/craft store so it's very durable.

It's also small, too small for some of my larger figures (Ultimate Madoka, RoB Olivia, Hayate), but big enough for most. I should probably build a bigger one soon, especially with another big figure (devil homura) on the way before too long that will need some camera lovin'.

omlet

Gonna rise my Detolfs on these http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10267895/

Much safer than a cabinet and they look nice.

Man, I dunno...DETOLF are top-heavy and narrow...I'd be more nervous about them being on legs like that than sitting flat on a shelf. Moving them might be harder (can't slide them), tipping them puts stress on the legs... mounting also may be a problem because of the glass and door--you can't drill too many holes around those things and that particleboard may not respond well to traditional screws being used the mount those legs because you can't use long woodscrews and anything short risks simply being ripped out by torque on the legs.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

kewlmyc

If you get the cheapest shipping, it come out to be $60 or so, but that's still cheaper than what I would have gotten it for if I got it via forwarding when it first came out. Plus the fact that it goes for 15k nowadays means it's a steal right now.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I wonder if they'll throw a bone to Europeans in a similar fashion. Not that there's a Pokemon Center anywhere near where I live. It'd probably be a Nintendo UK online store thing (and they don't ship outside of the UK).

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic! Nendo Red will be mine. It's the closest we'll ever get to a Pokémon Trainer figure.

That's Nendo WW Link and Nendo Red. No more Nendos, honest. Honest. Honest...

xYvrGJW.gif

Wanderer5

Just when I was going to make plans of preordering Lucina finally.:| I want that Red Nendo, especially since I back in a pokemon craze again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom