• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slowly spiralling down the hole of scaled figs

I'm pretty surprised that it took you this long. Good job holding out as long as you did. But all of that's over now.

So I'm a bit of a noob at all this collecting. You know, finding the best place to get them for the best price in the UK, shopping around etc. I have a few I've gotten from eBay or Amazon sellers and they've all been legit ones as far as I can tell.

As a rule of thumb, it's always best to import from Japan, just for peace-of-mind in terms of quality. If you stick to reputable shops like AmiAmi, Hobbysearch, BigInJapan, Nippon-Yasan, Mandarake, etc. You know you're always getting a legit product. I understand customs can be a hassle, but it's all in the name of making sure you don't get stuck with a bootleg.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
As a rule of thumb, it's always best to import from Japan, just for peace-of-mind in terms of quality. If you stick to reputable shops like AmiAmi, Hobbysearch, BigInJapan, Nippon-Yasan, Mandarake, etc. You know you're always getting a legit product. I understand customs can be a hassle, but it's all in the name of making sure you don't get stuck with a bootleg.

There might also be legit import stores to consider. Dunno about UK, but Archonia.com is a legit one in Belgium.

There might also be legit import stores to consider. Dunno about UK, but Archonia.com is a legit one in Belgium.

I don't know how it goes outside of the US, but here, when you get a legit product from a hobby shop, you're going to pay way over list price. To the point where you might as well have just imported to begin with since you'll be paying about the same or more after you pay the retailer's price.

I don't know how it goes outside of the US, but here, when you get a legit product from a hobby shop, you're going to pay way over list price. To the point where you might as well have just imported to begin with since you'll be paying about the same or more after you pay the retailer's price.

Well... I saw some Nendos for sale here. Cost ~$74-$88 :p

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Yep the mark up for figures in the UK/EU is crazy, the only ones that's more or less in line with the rest of the world are Play Arts Kai figures ;__;

Yeah, no such thing as reasonable priced stuff in the UK, if there was I wouldn't feel the need to import everything. You have to wait for 3-6 months after release for something to come out and pay more..

Typical U.K. online anime store:

http://www.eyeonasia.co.uk/

Caladrius

nope, not going down the rabbit hole of utapri figures.

especially if I refused to buy Otoya, I'm not buying anyone else I like less

Yeah, other than the Syo one It's not something I would get into.

If they ever made IdolM@ster SideM figures (from a decent manufacturer) on the other hand I'd probably be living in a cardboard box by the next year.

So I'm head over heels for the Steins; Gate VN right now. I foresee a purchase or statue in my near future. Thinking about the Suzuha on bicycle (my fave character) or 1 of 3 Kurisu's I saw

Bombless

WELP.
B2hnDUNCAAACdFp.jpg:large

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is FigureGAF going to implode if we get a Nendoroid/Figma Inkling?

meijiko

Definitely cute. I'll probably get the nendoroid, but I doubt I'll bother with the figma. Figmas are nice, but they don't give me the same amount of joy as nendoroids or scales do. I have to really like the character/source to bother with figmas nowadays.

apricot

nope, not going down the rabbit hole of utapri figures.

especially if I refused to buy Otoya, I'm not buying anyone else I like less

I've already got my fav prince (Masato) :'D he and Ren go well together but I think I can stop there since Natsuki is the only other one I like and I don't particularly like his pose

meijiko

I just can't do Utapri. Their designs are just so over the top, and this is coming from someone who actually likes the designs for DMMD. If the anime were good that'd be one thing, but I actually have really high standards for reverse harem. Gotta have good writing or I'm not buying it (speaking of which, I'd kill for some Ouran love in this modern day of figures.)

I know, I kind of suck as a fujoshi.

chrono01

I said I was done with any more Snow Miku Nendoroid after last year. I loved last year's version, so I felt as though I didn't need another.

...Then I saw this year's.

Damn you, GSC. Damn you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom