• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher429

Neo Member
Well, sent off my first ever cancellation request to AmiAmi. I've given them enough business that they most likely won't care (though it certainly would make my wallet happy were they to close my account)

kewlmyc

Has anyone bought stuff from plamoya? Anything I should know before buying?

I have, they're cool, but usually using Amazon Japan and a forwarding service is cheaper, like johnsmith said.

If it's a super rare figure or super old, then yeah plamoya is great. Much better than nippon-yasai.

Fireblend

Banned
Got my Link nendoroid!

coF1zKF.jpg
NDKmNOU.jpg

Edit: Holy shit that's a big image. Thought imgur would scale it somewhat, let me fix it.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Cattleya >>>>>> Pochaco.

Well; it also helps I've seen the anime and know Cattleya's character (loving wife and mother, and super strong warrior).

I use plamoya. Their dispatch time can take a few days for stuff that isn't new-ish or a preorder, but everything I've ever ordered - even older items - has been sent out, was well packaged and arrived in good time.

Some of the older items can be super amazeballs expensive on plamoya, though. Sometimes worse than N-Y pricing.

kewlmyc

I won't dredge over my past bad experience with N-Y, but let's just say I'm unlikely to give them business anytime soon.

You're the reason why I'll never do business with them again. That Snow Miku incident was bullshit. I rather pay upfront with BiJ for exclusives than ever shop at N-Y again.

Woops, getting my FigureGAFers confused. My bad.

Any time anyone says that N-Y are great, cheap, fast or whatever, my thoughts inevitably spiral back to the awful manner in which they treated Phoenix. And the fact that they only made amends because the negative discussion about them was cropping up in major places that they really rather it wasn't? Good for Phoenix, but in my eyes it was little more than a hollow gesture steeped in damage limitation.

Any time anyone says that N-Y are great, cheap, fast or whatever, my thoughts inevitably spiral back to the awful manner in which they treated Phoenix. And the fact that they only made amends because the negative discussion about them was cropping up in major places that they really rather it wasn't? Good for Phoenix, but in my eyes it was little more than a hollow gesture steeped in damage limitation.

What actually happened anyway?

omlet

What actually happened anyway?

N-Y sent him a bootleg Snow Miku 2014 Nendo.

When he tried to tell them about it and get a replacement, they wouldn't believe him, saying their suppliers never give them bootlegs. He posted about it, with pictures, on reddit, here, and MFC, caused quite a stir. They finally agreed to send him a replacement after he sent the bootleg back but it took quite a while. I think it happened early in the life of OT2 if you want to go read about it (I don't have the starting point in the thread off-hand).

You guys with boxed Asukas should open and check them. People having mad issues with her, from broken heads to messed up pegs to missing base.

Mine came in perfect, no problems at all. Will post pictures eventually.

When he tried to tell them about it and get a replacement, they wouldn't believe him, saying their suppliers never give them bootlegs. He posted about it, with pictures, on reddit, here, and MFC, caused quite a stir. They finally agreed to send him a replacement after he sent the bootleg back but it took quite a while. I think it happened early in the life of OT2 if you want to go read about it (I don't have the starting point in the thread off-hand).

Holy shit, I was already staying away from N-Y because of their batshit insane prices. No way in hell am I buying from them after hearing this.

kewlmyc

That and one of GSC's English representatives was made aware of the situation iirc.

raven777

There also seems to be around 1k price difference between BiJ and N-Y(N-Y is cheaper) for those exclusive figures I was looking at. Plus the option to pay later for N-Y really makes me prefer N-Y over BiJ. But yea with that Snow Miku incident I am really hesitant.

I have to order Satan so I have to decide soon..

Meyneth

I have, they're cool, but usually using Amazon Japan and a forwarding service is cheaper, like johnsmith said.

If it's a super rare figure or super old, then yeah plamoya is great. Much better than nippon-yasai.
They're a set of old prize figures. It's already annoying trying to find just one of them, but plamoya has all four together which is what's tempting me.
I'll have to do more research

omlet

That and one of GSC's English representatives was made aware of the situation iirc.

Yeah, that reminds me, N-Y actually said something like they get their stock from GSC. That might be the case for some things, but not for Snow Miku. GSC called them out on this, explaining she was only sold by GSC directly; they didn't wholesale her to other sellers.

I mean, typically N-Y is probably safe in regards to getting legit stuff, but they aren't as thorough as amiami when it comes to preowned stuff and they definitely didn't handle that incident very well.

In other news...

I just ordered Kirigiri.

And I have not even played the games yet.

N-Y is okay preorder wise but for exclusive figures after release =/ we had that 2014 Snow Miku as an example =|

^Play the game first or watch the anime, recommended game first XD

omlet

I'm keeping an eye out for a good Vita deal this winter. My 3DS has been a real trooper but I'm almost done with my backlog
until I get Persona Q and Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
so I've been planning to get a Vita in the next few months, probably (unless I spend all my spare change on figures).

Toki767

I'm keeping an eye out for a good Vita deal this winter. My 3DS has been a real trooper but I'm almost done with my backlog
so I've been planning to get a Vita in the next few months, probably (unless I spend all my spare change on figures).

Supposedly it'll be $150 on eBay this year.

tauke

Not exactly a figure, but it is definitely figure-related for me, and maybe someone else is in the market for a deal.

Anyway, after five years of "just getting by" with an old phonecamera, I just ordered a Canon Rebel DSLR while it's on a nice sale. Pretty excited to finally get a "real" camera!

Oh that is a decent model for first timer with DSLR! I have the 550D aka T2i (one generation older) and find it super powerful for my need.

Although do take care of the kit lens as the autofocus cable can snap easily if you use the zoom function frequently. I busted mine and try to fix it without success. Just something for you to take note (try to zoom gracefully instead as I use it for primarily for video shooting which leads to me zooming in and out recklessly lol).

Back on topic, lucky I'm not into Miku (although I enjoy Project Diva a lot). Can't imagine the damage to my wallet with the annual updates.

Giolon

Not exactly a figure, but it is definitely figure-related for me, and maybe someone else is in the market for a deal.

Anyway, after five years of "just getting by" with an old phonecamera, I just ordered a Canon Rebel DSLR while it's on a nice sale. Pretty excited to finally get a "real" camera!

That's a great entry-level buy. I nearly bought one myself a couple years ago, but I decided to go with the (then) nascent mirrorless market since they're lighter to carry around. You're going to have a blast taking better photos, and then before you know it you'll be shelling out for high quality macro lenses that make even some people's monthly AmiAmi bills here look like pocket money.

tauke

That's a great entry-level buy. I nearly bought one myself a couple years ago, but I decided to go with the (then) nascent mirrorless market since they're lighter to carry around. You're going to have a blast taking better photos, and then before you know it you'll be shelling out for high quality macro lenses that make even some people's monthly AmiAmi bills here look like pocket money.

That I agree lol. Sometimes the body is really cheap but the good quality automatic lenses cost at least the same price with the body or higher.

omlet

My mom has 3 DSLRs (dad spoils her) and is a photography enthusiast but I'm not sure if any of her lenses will work on this frame, so yeah I'll probably end up buying some eventually (though even the stock 18-55 is going to be such a huge upgrade from what I'm used to it may be a while before I feel like I need to do that lol). I'm not really up on all the DSLR jargon but she sounded really excited when I called her this morning to sanity check this buy with her (she doesn't have this model but they have one at her work and she really likes it).

I'm surrounded by enablers.

RIP my wallet.

kewlmyc

Both games are compatible with the PSTV.

Hehe ya....I have all the lenses I want now that don't cost anywhere from $500 to WAY higher than that.

gokieks

Catching up on this thread made me realize that I never took any proper photos of Belldandy + Holybell since my previous lightbox was too small, and I didn't rectify that after building a larger one. So here's to doing that.

Sadly, I still have no place to display any of the figures I've bought within the last 9 months or so, so they remain in their box unopened and no photos either.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I was admiring my Nendo 300 stand that my Akari stands on and thought, they really should make more of these decorated stands rather than just making them preorder bonuses for select nendos from the GSC store. I'd buy a few.

The legs and fishnets look great. The rest is pretty meh-tacular. I think it's the dress. The glossy look makes it look like cheap candy plastic. Like they made her dress out of fruit roll-up.

Toki767

I always thought Anna's dress had more patterns on it or something. Also I don't think her legs are supposed to be so...thick?

I always thought Anna's dress had more patterns on it or something. Also I don't think her legs are supposed to be so...thick?

oh no, the way those stockings press into her thighs is fucking glorious. It's the lack of detail on the dress that annoys me. Especially because I know Koto can do better than a god damn fruit roll-up dress.

Giolon

Here's your weekly GSC delays!

The following release dates have been confirmed:

Shipping out from GSC on the 25th November 2014:
Good Smile Company - Picktam! DRAMAtical Murder

Shipping out from GSC on the 26th November 2014:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Sakura Kinomoto
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Saori Takebe
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Nico Yazawa
Good Smile Company - Honoka Kosaka
FREEing - Hayate Yagami: Yukata Ver.

On sale from the 29th November 2014:
Max Factory - figma Uzume Uno

The following products have had their release dates changed:

Delayed from November to December 2014:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Nana Kouzuki
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Petite: KanColle
Good Smile Company - Shimakaze
Max Factory - figma Hibiki Ganaha
Max Factory - figma Chariot: TV ANIMATION ver.
Max Factory - figma Guyver I
Max Factory - figma Racing Miku 2013: EV MIRAI ver.
Max Factory - Kongo: Half-Damage ver.
Max Factory - Psychic (Pink Harley)
Phat! Company - Mika Jougasaki: Charisma Girl Ver.
Phat! Company - Medicchu KanColle: Aircraft Carrier Wo-Class
Phat! Company - Yayoi Takatsuki
Phat! Company - Sawa Okita
Gift - Super Sonico: Tiger Hoodie Ver.
FREEing - ex:ride Spride.06 - TT-Zero 13
FREEing - Alice Kuonji
FREEing - Akiho Senomiya: Nekomimi Mode Ver.
FREEing - Cecilia Alcott: Bunny Ver.
FREEing - Charlotte Dunois: Poodle Ver.

Oh lord, barren December just turned into DEATH December @_@

Toki767

I'm tempted to actually pre-order that GSC Mikasa that got delayed to December now since the exchange rate is so good. It'd be under $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom