• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauke

MDv8NN7.jpg

pf6tCld.jpg

The first two figurines of 2015 arrived safely to my hometown. Sharing pics that my dad took lol.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Hmmmm that figma Satsuki looks pretty great. I want a Junketsu version of her and the face on the Phat scale looks kinda off....anyone else see that?

Both Phat figures are off to me, Ryuuko looks like some one put a Megaman face on a girls body, and Satsuki just don't work for me either, but I can't place what's bugs me with it.

Got a new credit card. I should buy something, you know, just to make sure it works.
You gotta make sure it really, really works:
Black Widow PF?
Luis Royo Catwoman?
Fantasy Figure Gallery?
Gethsemoni,Queen of the Dead?

Bored.
Guess I'll show you guys some of my stuff.

A couple of my Yamatos.
RuTJFsn.jpg
What a pair...

I've got Ritual (cast off because her clothes won't snap shut), but missed the boat on the Medusa statue...

The floodgates have been opened.

Down the rabbit hole you go!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Blah blah blah blah blah blah, Judith Blah.

Judy, Judy, judithy, judith!

All these shitty protagonists from lesser tales games do not deserve to be made before the dragon riding goddess of awesomeness...

Never gonna forgive them if they do not make her...

What a shitty day, FigureGAF. Can't say here why, but goddamn, it was terrible.

Screw everything.

Won't pry, but to take your mind off it amiami pre-owned just updated, you don't gotta buy nothing but looking won't hurt...

kewlmyc

All these shitty protagonists from lesser tales games do not deserve to be made before the dragon riding goddess of awesomeness...

:\

So you one of those fans.... :p

Rather have a Ludger to be honest, but due to his popularity, he'll probably be made eventually. I want a Judith (and a Karol/Repede/Patty figure) to complete the Vesperia collection.

What a shitty day, FigureGAF. Can't say here why, but goddamn, it was terrible.

Screw everything.

Hope everything turns out okay. We're here if you want to talk about it, if that helps.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
:\

So you one of those fans.... :p

Rather have a Ludger to be honest, but due to his popularity, he'll probably be made eventually. I want a Judith (and a Karol/Repede/Patty figure) to complete the Vesperia collection.

If that's the kinda fan I am, then that's the kinda fan I am...

I've played all of the early tales games, up until the gc era where it went to total shite, but I had to listen to my wife play the shitty ones, which just made me hate them all the more. Vespria (360 version) was the first tales game in a long time where I was pretty much happy with the characters, Yuri/Raven/Judy were my team of teams, even went achievement whore on it for 1000/1000. Then I tried the Xillia, played as Milla then Jude showed up and made me quit, Milla wasn't a strong enough protagonist to me, and Jude was another annoying as fuck character, the old I get the less tolerance and patience I have for games to develop. Past the point of forcing myself through them either.

I bought Tales of Xillia 2 for my wife but it sits sealed on the shelf, when it gets opened I'll try it and if Ludgers awesome enough I might be able to stomach the shit I won't like...

Bombless

I now have all the existing KanColle nendos on order apart from Wo-class. Will grab her next month.

While discussing the necessity for a port to house the new Fleet TPB had a ridiculously awesome idea. I'll sleep on it and see how it could work.

In any case, my wallet is now proper sunk and joining the Abyss fleet as we speak.

o7

Noel is ordered. Tempted to get the Satsuki Figma but I already have her nendo and 2 scales on order.....still might.

The floodgates have been opened.

<3 I knew you had great taste buddy

Hello, I'm new to this thread and hail all the way from the amiiboGAF. While an avid amiibo collector, I actually collect figurines and statues from all types of collections.

Glad you joined us!

udllpn

Hi, guys.

First of all, let me tell you that although I've been following Figure GAF for a while, I've never posted here. On top of that, I've never bought a figure in my life. I'm telling you this because I've suddently started considering buying this particular figure:

DScTDEJ.jpg

Charlotte Dunois - 1/7 - Bunny Style

Apparently, it's going to be re-released this May. I have the possibility of preordering it for 85 &#8364; (around $95) from an online shop in Europe, a price that will include delivery and potential custom charges. Although I consider Infinite Stratos a generic series, I really loved the character since I saw the first season of the anime some years ago (I haven't even seen the second season yet).

I want you to talk me out of buying this figure. I think I know what a rabbit hole this hobby is, and I'm sure I would end up buying more figures eventually. Everything is too expensive, I don't even know where I would put her, I would certainly be ashamed of showing her in public, and yet, I really want to buy her. This figure is so great...

Please, save me.

I surrendered to my temptation and ordered the Wind Waker's Ganondorf from First 4 Figures.

z77qnfhgfojr4s6bbof0.png

This is my first F4F that I've ordered (the quality of some of their figures always looked meh to me) so I'm concerned about their packaging when he ships. I've had some bad experience with some Gentle Giant statues and want to know what I'm in for.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I now have all the existing KanColle nendos on order apart from Wo-class. Will grab her next month.

While discussing the necessity for a port to house the new Fleet TPB had a ridiculously awesome idea. I'll sleep on it and see how it could work.

In any case, my wallet is now proper sunk and joining the Abyss fleet as we speak.

I'm also missing Wo-Class. Hope Mandarake will get a bunch in. Regret not picking one up at 7k/8k.

cajunator

Banned
Hi, guys.

First of all, let me tell you that although I've been following Figure GAF for a while, I've never posted here. On top of that, I've never bought a figure in my life. I'm telling you this because I've suddently started considering buying this particular figure:

DScTDEJ.jpg

Apparently, it's going to be re-released this May. I have the possibility of preordering it for 85 € (around $95) from an online shop in Europe, a price that will include delivery and potential custom charges. Although I consider Infinite Stratos a generic series, I really loved the character since I saw the first season of the anime some years ago (I haven't even seen the second season yet).

I want you to talk me out of buying this figure. I think I know what a rabbit hole this hobby is, and I'm sure I would end up buying more figures eventually. Everything is too expensive, I don't even know where I would put her, I would certainly be ashamed of showing her in public, and yet, I really want to buy her. This figure is so great...

Please, save me.

I have that figure. You need that figure. Trust me, you really do!

Hi, guys.

DScTDEJ.jpg

Apparently, it's going to be re-released this May. I have the possibility of preordering it for 85 € (around $95) from an online shop in Europe, a price that will include delivery and potential custom charges. Although I consider Infinite Stratos a generic series, I really loved the character since I saw the first season of the anime some years ago (I haven't even seen the second season yet).

Please, save me.

The only way you can save yourself, is buy purchasing that figure.

cajunator

Banned
Ill help you out though. She is even cuter in person than in pictures!
The bunnies are a right pain to display though they always fall down and stuff.

Bombless

Hi, guys.

DScTDEJ.jpg

Please, save me.

As terrible as Infinite Stratos is, let's try to see what this figure has to offer.

1. Undeniable best girl.
Seriously. No discussion.
2. Bunny suit.
Don't care for it but it is what it is.
3. Bunny ears.
4. Hand bunny ears.
5. Bunnies.
6. Kotobukiya craftsmanship.
7. 1/7 scale for decent size without taking too much space.
8. BUNNY-CEPTIONNNN!

Why would you pass on that?!?

cajunator

Banned
As terrible as Infinite Stratos is, let's try to see what this figure has to offer.

1. Undeniable best girl.
Seriously. No discussion.
2. Bunny suit.
Don't care for it but it is what it is.
3. Bunny ears.
4. Hand bunny ears.
5. Bunnies.
6. Kotobukiya craftsmanship.
7. 1/7 scale for decent size without taking too much space.
8. BUNNY-CEPTIONNNN!

Why would you pass on that?!?

Also its Cajun approved!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Hi, guys.

DScTDEJ.jpg

Please, save me.

You can pre-order her on Amiami for 48 euro's, or buy her 1st version pre-owned right now for 59 euro...

Also pre-owned up on mandarake for 45 euro

I'd recommend SAL from mandarake, would beat the price your looking at paying, as they mark packages down enough to fly past customs... Amiami might be a little less, or a little more....

Arkadios

Hi, guys.

DScTDEJ.jpg

Please, save me.

Talking you out? LOL. Hit that order button fast.
Although you posted here already. Trying to escape is useless.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Every time I see a nendo of a character I don't recognise I realise I must be watching the right shows to save money.

StayDead

MOVE WATCH:

Due to circumstances regarding the closure of the sale of the house and my Dad going away to work for a few weeks I won't be moving until the 15th-19th of February now. Most of the furniture is now gone and all that's left in the house is what's being kept. Fun times!

I've still got five of my favourite Nendos out (Frau, Akiho, Kurisu, Haqua and Elsie) so my rooms a little bare, but it'll do for now. If I hadn'tve sent my Kancolle nendos to my Dads already I'd totally get them out :eek:

Every time I see a nendo of a character I don't recognise I realise I must be watching the right shows to save money.

You see, it works in reverse for me. I'll see a figure whose design I like, and I'll be interested in buying it. However, I have a rule about buying characters whose source material I'm not familiar with. So I end up getting curious and watching the anime or playing the game they're from. 9 times out of 10 this leads to me needing that figure and now wanting 3 - 5 more.

cajunator

Banned
You see, it works in reverse for me. I'll see a figure whose design I like, and I'll be interested in buying it. However, I have a rule about buying characters whose source material I'm not familiar with. So I end up getting curious and watching the anime or playing the game they're from. 9 times out of 10 this leads to me needing that figure and now wanting 3 - 5 more.

Yes. I know this feeling!

Ultimadrago

The first two figurines of 2015 arrived safely to my hometown. Sharing pics that my dad took lol.

I own Alter's Rita and adore her. Nice pick-ups, tauke.

They already made Rita and Yuri. Alter's in the clear with Vesperia as far as I'm concerned.

I surrendered to my temptation and ordered the Wind Waker's Ganondorf from First 4 Figures.

z77qnfhgfojr4s6bbof0.png

This is my first F4F that I've ordered (the quality of some of their figures always looked meh to me) so I'm concerned about their packaging when he ships. I've had some bad experience with some Gentle Giant statues and want to know what I'm in for.

You've madeahugemistake.gif

meijiko

We've got a good handful of f4f statues and not one of them has arrived broken. There were some problems in the past with their packaging (I think the exclusive Dark Link was prone to neck-breaking in the packaging) but overall their statues are well-packed. They go through a pretty rigorous testing process wherein they kick and toss around the boxes with a figure in it to determine how well it holds up.

Keep in mind, though, that their boxes are huge. Finding a place for them afterwards is a pain if you don't have a lot of storage. I wouldn't worry too much about breaking. If you bought it from f4f and it arrives broken, they'll send you a replacement statue (plus you get to destroy the broken one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom