• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I have done Gundam, soldiers, tanks and plane models for years however ships have started to gain my interest very recently.
If I get one first will likely be

And then probably the USS Alabama.

Yamato would be 3rd.

Does Gaf have a model thread?
Edit: oh found it but its mostly dead.

How about this Kongou (Fujimi Chibi-Maru line):

2__94899.1409272937.1280.1280.jpg

We've got a good handful of f4f statues and not one of them has arrived broken. There were some problems in the past with their packaging (I think the exclusive Dark Link was prone to neck-breaking in the packaging) but overall their statues are well-packed. They go through a pretty rigorous testing process wherein they kick and toss around the boxes with a figure in it to determine how well it holds up.

Keep in mind, though, that their boxes are huge. Finding a place for them afterwards is a pain if you don't have a lot of storage. I wouldn't worry too much about breaking. If you bought it from f4f and it arrives broken, they'll send you a replacement statue (plus you get to destroy the broken one.)

Not to worry, I have plenty of giant boxes from my various 1/4 scale statues. I have the space... for now.

Thanks for the response and the reassurance. WW Ganondorf is my favorite iteration of him and I look forward to seeing how they handle the rest of the WW line. It's very exciting.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I didn't just add an a pre-owned Orchid Seed Bastard!! Kai Harn for 8.5k to my January order... I didn't... That would be stupid...

I totally fucking did, saw it earlier and tried to not order it, I did, but I couldn't get it out of my head, and kept going back hoping she'd be gone, but she was still there taunting me. Cheapest I've ever seen her for was 12k, this was 3.5k cheaper, she's been on and off my wish list for 3 1/2 years now...

omlet

Hi, guys.

First of all, let me tell you that although I've been following Figure GAF for a while, I've never posted here. On top of that, I've never bought a figure in my life. I'm telling you this because I've suddently started considering buying this particular figure:

Apparently, it's going to be re-released this May. I have the possibility of preordering it for 85 € (around $95) from an online shop in Europe, a price that will include delivery and potential custom charges. Although I consider Infinite Stratos a generic series, I really loved the character since I saw the first season of the anime some years ago (I haven't even seen the second season yet).

Looks like you got a lot of good help already, but I'll just reiterate what BZ said and don't buy her for 85 when you could import for almost half that (before shipping/customs). And that doesn't just apply to Charles. Since you'll be buying her and it won't be your last figure, always make a habit of price checking at amiami and mandarake before checking import shops.

2k per shipment. More you order more cost-effective shipping is.

Oh my mistake, I was looking at an invoice for two nendos me and a friend bought.

The first two figurines of 2015 arrived safely to my hometown. Sharing pics that my dad took lol.

I thought that was two Yuris instead of a Yuri and a Rita.

Silly boxes looking the same.

Both go on sale tonight!

Hoping for Ludger, Sophie, Richard, or Judith next.

They'll cancel Alisha and surprise us all with a Rose figure instead.

johnsmith

remember me
Are anime conventions good places to sell stuff? There's a small local one here. I wonder if I should try selling there instead of online when I finally start purging.

You know what would make Nendo's better, better packaging? Have a flap/cover that closes over the window. That was my one big issue with the Link Nendo that I got my son had a window that was all scratched and scuffed up. He intended to display him in box but yanked him out since the scuffs on the window made it harder to see the figure.

You know what would make Nendo's better, better packaging? Have a flap/cover that closes over the window. That was my one big issue with the Link Nendo that I got my son had a window that was all scratched and scuffed up. He intended to display him in box but yanked him out since the scuffs on the window made it harder to see the figure.

KC nendos come with an outer sleeve, a GSC 'exclusive'. See Wo (and ignore the stand bit):

0cfbd3db8480f4dbe019ef537c1469f3.jpg

I get that GSC want to show off the nendo, and your idea has merit, but the sad reality is a flap is more likely to get damaged, torn off, etc than just leaving the window as it is.

Einbroch

Banned
The old windows were way, way worse. Cheaply glued on and would peel from the actual box with just the lightest pressure. I have 3-4 windows that are only attached on one edge and it makes picking the boxes up difficult.

RMI

Banned
Prune them all!

on the surface it looks like I'm getting rid of figs, but for every fig I sell two will appear in its place. It's a losing battle.

Speaking of which I have the following monster hunter nendos if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Tri G Berio Armor

and

MH4 Airou

sold! the thirst for nendos is real around here.

I know how you all like nendos around here.

some other stuff i have that I can live without -

Chie Figma

D-arts Elizabeth

I sent them a question, second time I have tried to buy something on MFC. First sale seems to be going good just waiting on it to show up.

I've bought a few things from people there in the past, haven't had any issues that I can remember. Usually very careful with that sort of thing though.

Einbroch

Banned
He has good feedback, only 3 though, and he already responded lol.

Hmmmmmm

Creepin' a bit, but she seems legit. Recent feedback, fleshed out profile, lots of comments (although a bit old). I'm sure you asked for pictures, so as long as she can commit to that and giving you a tracking number, you're probably good.

Creepin' a bit, but she seems legit. Recent feedback, fleshed out profile, lots of comments (although a bit old). I'm sure you asked for pictures, so as long as she can commit to that and giving you a tracking number, you're probably good.

Ah guess I didn't read her info lol. Ya she told me she would be giving me a tracking number.

Are anime conventions good places to sell stuff? There's a small local one here. I wonder if I should try selling there instead of online when I finally start purging.

The ones here where I live are full of bootlegs, blegh. But since you people are in the US/CAN, I guess it could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom