• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Figma and amiibo, that's for sure. I almost put (WHERE THE FUCK IS ZERO SUIT SAMUS FIGMA?) on that questionnaire, but then I saw that the one doing that is Max Factory.

Yes indeed, I hope the prototype is going to be shown at Wonder fest (seems like the LBW Link is going to be there).

Oh yeah forgot about the Amiibo.

Well GSC releases all the Figma, so I requested Figma from them either way.

What exactly is Max Factory & Good Smile's relationship subsidiary or what?

I have absolutely no clue, so I stopped myself from swearing at them without further knowledge.

Yes indeed, I hope the prototype is going to be shown at Wonder fest (seems like the LBW Link is going to be there).

Hopefully, I need more Links to drown my sorrow for not getting the MMN3DS and the MM3D limited edition with the Skull Kid.

yami4ct

Well, the HG Transient Gundam finally went on sale. Seems like that took forever. Been waiting on this. I don't typically dig the Build Fighters rival suits, but this one is pretty damn cool.

20150203135757536.jpg

Not sure why the modeler here decided to give the lance blades a metallic paint, as the stock clear blue looks better, but whatever. Should be a fun one to build and paint.

Now if Bandai would finally announce a release date for HGUC V2 Assault Buster. Want that kit so bad. We still don't have a V2AB Master Grade, so the HG will have to do.

Well, the HG Transient Gundam finally went on sale. Seems like that took forever. Been waiting on this. I don't typically dig the Build Fighters rival suits, but this one is pretty damn cool.

Not sure why the modeler here decided to give the lance blades a metallic paint, as the stock clear blue looks better, but whatever. Should be a fun one to build and paint.

Now if Bandai would finally announce a release date for HGUC V2 Assault Buster. Want that kit so bad. We still don't have a V2AB Master Grade, so the HG will have to do.

Totally off topic question, but you seem like a knowledgeable person to talk about gundams: was there ever a full metal one on sale?

I have 6 Kuronekos, 3 Kuroyukihimes, 2 Xiaomei's, 2 Charles dunois (third coming), 2 Madoka, 5 Saber, 2 Laura after this month, sooooo yeah I like collecting multiples of my favorite characters :D
=O you mean these photos are not yours?!?
Speaking of people dedicating to particular characters lol, Ohnoraptors put these images up on her tumblr and linked them (NSFW sites though)
This is a stupid rule, sorry. Definitely not something I follow.
A rule to save newcomers wallets but who are we kidding XD
tma.gif

cajunator

Banned
Speaking of people dedicating to particular characters lol, Ohnoraptors put these images up on her tumblr and linked them (NSFW sites though)

tma.gif

I need the one where shes bending down with the cat. I WILL have that one.
I already have the sitting one with the taiyaki and the standing one.

yami4ct

Totally off topic question, but you seem like a knowledgeable person to talk about gundams: was there ever a full metal one on sale?

In what sense? Like a figure/kit that's completely die-cast? If so, no. The closest we have is the "Metal-Build" series which has a good amount of metal with some plastic mixed in. That series has the RX-78 Origin Version, 00 Raiser, Freedom, Destiny, Exia and most recently Astray Gold Frame Amatsu. They're really limited run, around 1/100 scale and very expensive.

We also are getting a "metal robot spirits" line starting with a Hi-Nu release. Those seemingly have a bit less metal, are around 1/144 scale, but are also cheaper. Hi-Nu came out on January 15th, but I'm not sure how hard he is to find.

Kit wise, the only metal in a kit I know of was an exclusive version of the RX-78 Ver. 2.0 they did with a metal frame. It was bundled with an exclusive cell phone.

StayDead

I'm going crazy thinking about wo-kyuu. I can't believe I missed her first time. 10.8k damnit, but I know it's only going to go up and up.

In what sense? Like a figure/kit that's completely die-cast? If so, no. The closest we have is the "Metal-Build" series which has a good amount of metal with some plastic mixed in. That series has the RX-78 Origin Version, 00 Raiser, Freedom, Destiny, Exia and most recently Astray Gold Frame Amatsu. They're really limited run, around 1/100 scale and very expensive.

We also are getting a "metal robot spirits" line starting with a Hi-Nu release. Those seemingly have a bit less metal, are around 1/144 scale, but should also be cheaper.

Kit wise, the only metal in a kit I know of was an exclusive version of the RX-78 Ver. 2.0 they did with a metal frame. It was bundled with an exclusive cell phone.

Wow, thanks for the answer. What a shame about the last one (the phone one).

yami4ct

Wow, thanks for the answer. What a shame about the last one (the phone one).

Yeah, the Metal in Frame RX-78 was a really cool idea. Wish Bandai made a full premium line around it. There was a time a year or so back that they weren't insanely expensive on Mandarake, like around $95 without the phone. Thought about getting one, but never did. Must have not really done all that well.

Yeah, the Metal in Frame RX-78 was a really cool idea. Wish Bandai made a full premium line around it. There was a time a year or so back that they weren't insanely expensive on Mandarake, like around $95 without the phone. Thought about getting one, but never did. Must have not really done all that well.

Yep, I found some pictures and thought it looked pretty nice. For 95 I would've bought one, to be honest.

OMG

Totally NSFW Gundam pics. We don't post nudes here.

gokieks

What exactly is Max Factory & Good Smile's relationship, subsidiary or what?

Good Smile Company is the distributor for Max Factory (and a bunch of other companies like FREEing and Phat! Company), and they share a HQ building, but AFAIK Max Factory is independent despite the long-standing relationship with GSC.

That is a lot of cats.

I have two Yukiko, and I'll eventually have two Kirino Kousaka, two Kuruneko. and eventually 3 Mikos. I have definitely ignored your rules for newcomers lol.

omlet

Okay, as requested, here are some more up-close shots of how I installed my lighting. I sized these down a bit so if they're too small to see the detail you're looking for let me know.

Edit: I should point out that the lights in the room are off. All this illumination is just from the mounted LED strips, so as you can see in the first picture it provides pretty even lighting into the back.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
More than one figurine for the same character I get.

More than one of the exact same figurine…? Eehhhhh…

Seems like Dan Yeagle's Mandy statues are going up for order again on February 7th Noon PST (just got the email). I still like them, but not 185 like them, I suppose. Great artwork nonetheless.

Loved that, but I can't spend 185 on a figure coming from the states, taxes would kill me.

Okay, as requested, here are some more up-close shots of how I installed my lighting. I sized these down a bit so if they're too small to see the detail you're looking for let me know.

Noice.

Hey Acid, what do you think of the RG series? I have a Zaku 2, partially built, but I had to stopped because I clipped one of the leg exhaust pipes by accident.

i also have the RX-78, but not built yet.

omlet

Is that just tape?

3M double-sided foam tape that was $4 for a roll and I used maybe a third of it. Just took a bit of time to slice up all the tiny strips.

DIODER lights come with some tape (original installation pics showed that) but only 2 pieces, and with this angled way of attaching there is less adhesive surface area per strip so I put 3 strips because with just 2 strips gravity was pulling a couple of them off every couple weeks. So far no problems with this setup.

Acid08

Banned
Hey Acid, what do you think of the RG series? I have a Zaku 2, partially built, but I had to stopped because I clipped one of the leg exhaust pipes by accident.

I've actually never built an RG before. I prefer to build Master Grade kits mostly and HG sometimes. The RG stuff looks really good at least. I've heard that the quality of the kits can vary a lot. Like, the RX-78 is supposed to be good while I've heard the Zeta is terrible. The sheer amount of tiny pieces seems like it would make them fairly hard to build. Was thinking of picking up a Wing Zero Custom to try the line out though.

yami4ct

I know you didn't ask me, but I personally love RGs, with a couple caveats.

One, I don't think inexperienced modelers should really build them. They tend to be quite difficult and fragile builds. Two, it's a series where the good kits are good, but the bad ones are really problematic. Anything pre-Gundam MK-II is extra fragile. The Zeta has fragility issues due to the transformation, but is other wise good and the SEED Destiny series of them all kind of suck in their own ways. So, given that I'd say.

Buy: GP-01/FB, Gundam MK II, Aile Strike, Exia, Freedom, Z'gok, Wing Zero EW
Maybe get, but know it has problems: Zeta
Avoid (or just go in knowing they are really problematic): Zaku-II, RX-78, Destiny, Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice.

I've actually never built an RG before. I prefer to build Master Grade kits mostly and HG sometimes. The RG stuff looks really good at least. I've heard that the quality of the kits can vary a lot. Like, the RX-78 is supposed to be good while I've heard the Zeta is terrible. The sheer amount of tiny pieces seems like it would make them fairly hard to build. Was thinking of picking up a Wing Zero Custom to try the line out though.

I actually would say that the Zeta is a real cool little kit and worth getting. The RX-78 has fragility issues that could have been avoided, but are a problem because it's an early attempt. The Zeta knows exactly what it's going for and achieves it. The transformation is so impressive. The fragility can be avoided if you know what you're doing. The problems are sort of necessities for that kit to be what it was attempting.

As for Wing Zero, I'd say buy it immediately. I adore that kit. It's one of the best, most stable of the whole line and looks amazing in person. It's up there with the GP-01 as my favorite RG.

Koriandrr

Awesome, loved the Chrono figures and the slimes.

And the Lightning cell strap. Oh god what's happening to me, help. I found this one nearby and almost bought it, I must be getting insane, it's Lightning for christ's sake.

Lol yeah tell me about it.

There's another one, from this series:

And she's pretty cool, although comes without a stand, so good luck making her stay in one spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom