• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Now that I found Yuri, do I just say YOLO and also grab the Rita Mordio figure while it's there to go with him or do I wait for another one to show up later...

Hmmm...

I don't really want the whole set... as good as the game was I don't really want the Raven or Flynn figures and Estelle is cute I guess but, eh...

Rita, though, Rita is just a cool cat.

Ultimadrago

Now that I found Yuri, do I just say YOLO and also grab the Rita Mordio figure while it's there to go with him or do I wait for another one to show up later...

Hmmm...

I don't really want the whole set... as good as the game was I don't really want the Raven or Flynn figures and Estelle is cute I guess but, eh...

Yep, Rita is the only one I knew I wanted when Vesperia figures were being released.

Shame about no Alter Judith though as I perhaps would have gotten that as well.

chrono01

......Nah, brah. That price is stupid. I think I'm pretty much done with the non-bishoujo [Kotobukiya] stuff at this point. Prices are out of hand.

*orders Anna Williams bishoujo* :D
Really? I thought for an Alter piece the price was pretty decent. I was expecting 10k+.

...Oh God, have I gotten used to the higher price for figures? There's no saving me.

omlet

Yep, Rita is the only one I knew I wanted when Vesperia figures were being released.

Shame about no Alter Judith though as I perhaps would have gotten that as well.

I thought about it for like two more minutes then added Rita to my order with Yuri.

Since Devil Homura is delayed, I can spend that December money now on these two, right?

Also.

GUYS. Why are these rozen maiden nendos so tempting? I don't even buy nendos but I really want to get Suigintou, and I guess Stinku, too, or else Junk would be really lonely...

chrono01

10k for a 1/8, homey. No thanks.
I guess, but she's not exactly small. 21cm is a pretty decent size.

It could be worse. At least she's not 20cm and priced at 14,600 yen [like Castle Muramasa]. Speaking of, do you still have her pre-ordered? I'm not sure if it was you or not, but I believe someone here a while back was thinking of cancelling theirs and I'm not sure if it was you or not.

It could be worse. At least she's not 20cm and priced at 14,600 yen [like Castle Muramasa]. Speaking of, do you still have her pre-ordered? I'm not sure if it was you or not, but I believe someone here a while back was thinking of cancelling theirs and I'm not sure if it was you or not.

Nah, I've still got her ordered. But I'm considering dumping all my 2015 orders aside from bishoujos and Himeji. Just not feeling the constant cycle of pre-order, delay, death-month, etc. anymore. I'm sure I'll still pick some things up here and there, but it's a different market than it was even a year ago. Most things, pre-orders pay the high prices, and most things end up bargain-bin'd.

chrono01

Nah, I've still got her ordered. But I'm considering dumping all my 2015 orders aside from bishoujos and Himeji. Just not feeling the constant cycle of pre-order, delay, death-month, etc. anymore. I'm sure I'll still pick some things up here and there, but it's a different market than it was even a year ago. Most things, pre-orders pay the high prices, and most things end up bargain-bin'd.
It's understandable.

Inshun Hozoin is actually the first figure I've pre-ordered in around a couple months. I've been cutting back on a lot of my impulse pre-orders too, and it feels good. I know I need to limit myself in a few areas, so I'm trying to start wherever I can.

For the Hyakka Ryoran line, though, exceptions must be made.

i'll preorder to support figures I want made. Hyakka, BRS, and that stuff. tho I did get a preown 7k jubei >_> to be fair I already have 3 jubei

Einbroch

Banned

Proud of you. I'm the same. I look at the preowned, then check my monthly order total, see it's at 9.3k, and remember my limits.

The whole death-month thing is so old. I still have 19k for January, but December, February, March, April, and May are all under 10k.

Be strong, frozen dinosaur.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=2 7k Tharja
FIGURE-000673.jpg
I love mine

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-003201-R028 5k alter sonico

omlet

Proud of you. I'm the same. I look at the preowned, then check my monthly order total, see it's at 9.3k, and remember my limits.

The whole death-month thing is so old. I still have 19k for January, but December, February, March, April, and May are all under 10k.

With all your upcoming expenses, it's good that you can restrain yourself. We make a lot of joking comments in here about spending lots of money, but I mean it.

I'm only so spendy lately because I was practicing that restraint for the past 20 years with just about everything, not just figures, and it has paid off for me now.

Still, that dress.

Yep. Yeeeeep.

I will probably be getting one or the other. Not sure which, they both look pretty great. Kinda liking the black dress version more, the silver trim looks great. The white dress version contrasts with the chair better, though... This might sound weird but the worst thing about the black dress version IMO is they changed her panties to white...that was kind of unnecessary, looked better on white dress version where they aren't so obviously on display >_>

Einbroch

Banned
With all your upcoming expenses, it's good that you can restrain yourself. We make a lot of joking comments in here about spending lots of money, but I mean it.

I'm only so spendy lately because I was practicing that restraint for the past 20 years with just about everything, not just figures, and it has paid off for me now.

If you have the money, go for it. A lot of us get enjoyment out of other people's purchases. Seeing people flip out over certain figures (or every figure if you're Chrono) is fun.

The "photo shoots" are especially enjoyable.

Stalking the preorder section paid off tonight, saw and bought an Ar tonelico 2 Luca (Grade A, box was C but I don't care as much about the boxes) for about 6,000 yen.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Question on bootlegs...
I'm well aware of the signs of bootlegs (cheap price, China shipping, most of HK shipping), but how is first party shipped from Amazon? I was browsing and saw the Madoka Nendo from first party Amazon for $20. Seems just a bit too low for it, but I'm not sure! How is Amazon's track record with this sort of thing?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Urgh. I ordered Honoka because I had Snake on order so I could combine the two this month.

Guess I now have to combine Snake with the Kill Me Baby fig.

I don't suppose anyone would know where I could find this:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/263326
Or will I just have to keep an eye on on Mandarake?

apricot

So the holidays are coming up: regardless of what you celebrate, do any of you put figures on your wishlists?

My extended family is not internet savvy, so they basically won't order anything that's not on a few selected sites they trust, and most of them don't carry figures (aside from Amazon). On top of that, I'd find it kind of hard to bring myself to ask for a figure that costs more than an average Nendo >_<

I usually get some cash for my birthday (in December), and I'll probably put some of it towards figures this year :3

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Figures will be something I buy with my own money. Also as seen with Snake, it's not exactly a great stable product to get in time for something unless it's already out.

I'll just ask for Tropical Freeze since I've been meaning to play it.

Zerojul

Nendo Snake delayed is a bummer. I don't even know how to recombine my orders from amiami, I guess I will get a mail from them asking me to do so.

D-Style Megatron is up for preorder on amiami, but now Optimus is out of stock :-(

Arclaid

Altair Natsume got delayed as expected. Unfortunately, it's delayed to next month, so let's hope it gets delayed again!

And I finally bought Fantasy Life. A day before Pokemon. What am I doing...

So the holidays are coming up: regardless of what you celebrate, do any of you put figures on your wishlists?

None of my friends or family here know anything about figures, so I could never ask for them as a potential gift. And yeah, price is also another reason.

My extended family is not internet savvy

I can barely trust some members of my family to order things from domestic sites without problems and calling on me for help; I daren't think what would happen if I start sending them Ami wishlists! My dear Mum is aware of and does like some of my figures, but what she loves even more is poking fun and calling them 'dollies' :D All in good humour though.

I'm cool with Christmas, especially for my young niece and nephew - but I really don't want for anything. I insist my family either donate what they would have spent on me to a charity if they wish, or just don't buy me anything rather than getting me stuff that will just get shoved to the back of the closet. They only half-listen and just end up littering me with Amazon gift cards or whatever, anyway... which I'm OK with :)

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Show me the way of the lewd. Also, nice print! Can't wait for that to come out next year!

Lewd = offensively crude and sexual, like if you bought a statue of a dude holding his erection and flipping you off with it, or those legs spread, fingers in crotch orgasm faced female figures, or those weird garage kits of
naked girls on toilets with poop and pee in them

Nude doesn't equal lewd...

Only $51.43
per month for 8 months
They changed her hair, still not digging it.

300204-power-girl-004.jpg

I don't hate the statue, but I only see Artgerms pose in it, they dropped the ball when it came to the face, but atleast the print will be nice:

Hmmm...

Yeah they dropped the ball, I got Yuri with the intention of only getting him and Judith, but they released everyone else and skipped Judith, but my wife wanted them all. Still can't believe they skipped out on Judy and yet made Assbell...

Rita's a fantastic looking figure though, Alter's almost always are, get her for a price you can live with...

Yuki Mori reprint with extra animation photo, up for pre-order for just over 7k, nab her snkfanatic...

RMI

Banned

We do a secret santa type thing now so each year I can expect about one present from family. My go to stuff is video games, board games, and pen & paper RPGs. Figures are too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom