• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A FigureGAF secret santa would be pointless. Everyone's budgets would be eaten by just the shipping and handling costs.

So I think I might have a problem.

I was checking my order history last night to see when that 1/6 Raiden comes out, and when I clicked on the link to the fig items me to a blank page and said that I put in the wrong item code/page does not exist. So I searched up the figure itself and found that it's now changed to tentative preorder and has an entirely different item code.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-009051

Amiami didn't send me any emails or messages, but I'm afraid of losing my initial preorder.

omlet

I have two figures I don't really want any more that I could use for Secret Santa: White Elephant Edition. :D

So the holidays are coming up: regardless of what you celebrate, do any of you put figures on your wishlists?

No way. heh. My parents do not approve of the hobby. My siblings don't really care but also wouldn't know the first thing about buying figures. Extended family doesn't even know about them and usually just gifts some cash which works fine for me.

Yeah they dropped the ball, I got Yuri with the intention of only getting him and Judith, but they released everyone else and skipped Judith, but my wife wanted them all. Still can't believe they skipped out on Judy and yet made Assbell...
Yeah it seems really weird that there is no Judith, considering she's probably the most figure-ready character design in the cast... speargirls are awesome. I'm not a big fan of her default outfit but would probably get a figure of her if it had the emphasis on action pose (vs some kind of coy pose), especially now that I have Yuri and Rita ordered.

300204-power-girl-004.jpg

You could always put a bag over her head I suppose?

Two figures I want are up but I haven't moved on either. This is a good thing...

Something about that Yuki is holding me back. Really want that Inshun Hozoin figure but don't want to deal with those Alter delays. Also she has one of those silly stands to help hold her scarf up and I can't stand that thing on my Naoe figure

Einbroch

Banned
Two figures I want are up but I haven't moved on either. This is a good thing...

Something about that Yuki is holding me back. Really want that Inshun Hozoin figure but don't want to deal with those Alter delays.

Do you have a monthly limit? If you do, then delays shouldn't matter, as money you save in one month will then be spent in another.

Einbroch

Banned
Trying to start that habit next year, part of the reason I am hesitant to order.

I'm not telling you to order something you don't need, but yeah, it's a pretty nice system. Set up a spreadsheet. Of course, I don't go "omg i hav 7k more now i can spend it!", it's only for things I really want.

Set up something like this:

Figure Budget

It's been going great since I started this for February and beyond. January is 17k, but that was the last month I realized I maybe had a problem. 11k surplus in case there's something I really, really want.

So I think I might have a problem.

I was checking my order history last night to see when that 1/6 Raiden comes out, and when I clicked on the link to the fig items me to a blank page and said that I put in the wrong item code/page does not exist. So I searched up the figure itself and found that it's now changed to tentative preorder and has an entirely different item code.

You know who can probably answer that question? AmiAmi.

I'm not telling you to order something you don't need, but yeah, it's a pretty nice system. Set up a spreadsheet. Of course, I don't go "omg i hav 7k more now i can spend it!", it's only for things I really want.

Set up something like this:

Figure Budget

It's been going great since I started this for February and beyond. January is 17k, but that was the last month I realized I maybe had a problem. 11k surplus in case there's something I really, really want.

Not a bad idea. Thanks

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Something about that Yuki is holding me back. Really want that Inshun Hozoin figure but don't want to deal with those Alter delays. Also she has one of those silly stands to help hold her scarf up and I can't stand that thing on my Naoe figure

The Yuri figures fine, the old photos are of the prototype, where they take the time to paint it well, and the newer pics are what they actually delivered, it's typical Megahouse quality. Just check MFC, no in-hand photo of the previous releases look just like the prototype.

That said don't buy her if your unsure, if your gonna budget yourself do it, you'll be better off...

kewlmyc

Hmm, I'm thinking of selling off some of my lewder figures and figures that i already prepurchased but don't want anymore (Shiro falls in this category). For the people who sell their figures here, where do you do it? On eBay only, or is there another good place to sell figures at?

Settin

Hmm, I'm thinking of selling off some of my lewder figures and figures that i already prepurchased but don't want anymore (Shiro falls in this category). For the people who sell their figures here, where do you do it? On eBay only, or is there another good place to sell figures at?
Send them all to me.

Bombless

So the holidays are coming up: regardless of what you celebrate, do any of you put figures on your wishlists?

My extended family is not internet savvy, so they basically won't order anything that's not on a few selected sites they trust, and most of them don't carry figures (aside from Amazon). On top of that, I'd find it kind of hard to bring myself to ask for a figure that costs more than an average Nendo >_<

I usually get some cash for my birthday (in December), and I'll probably put some of it towards figures this year :3

I don't do wishlists. I prefer to buy my own things (when people offer me videogames it's always a disaster haha) and presents usually are stuff that I wouldn't think of getting myself, which is better (like books etc).

Ultimadrago

Our Buy/Sell thread here and MFC have been my favorite (and only) options. Glad to see people being more wallet conscious (for now)!

On the Shiro note, I've lost my enthusiasm towards the figure as well. (Sad when recalling how much I fell head-over-heels before.) It's not just the QC thing either. It's just not holding the wait for me anymore. I have an older, very anticipated figure coming in (that I'm hoping is in decent condition), if it comes out well, I'm cancelling Shiro to balance out cost and total figure count accordingly.

The Yuri figures fine, the old photos are of the prototype, where they take the time to paint it well, and the newer pics are what they actually delivered, it's typical Megahouse quality. Just check MFC, no in-hand photo of the previous releases look just like the prototype.

That said don't buy her if your unsure, if your gonna budget yourself do it, you'll be better off...

I will look at MFC a bit more and make a more informed decision. Look at me....trying to be frugal in the figure thread.

What happened??

kewlmyc

Our Buy/Sell thread here and MFC have been my favorite (and only) options. Glad to see people being more wallet conscious (for now)!

On the Shiro note, I've lost my enthusiasm towards the figure as well. (Sad when recalling how much I fell head-over-heels before.) It's not just the QC thing either. It's just not holding the wait for me anymore. I have an older, very anticipated figure coming in (that I'm hoping is in decent condition), if it comes out well, I'm cancelling Shiro to balance out cost and total figure count accordingly.

We have a buy/sell thread here? Also how successful have you been with your MFC selling?

Meyneth

*peeks in*
Uh I got my Senran Kagura 2 Nyuu Nyuu pack (I suck at taking pictures warning):
I have that set too! Did your Homura come with and extra pair of arms? :O
I have no idea what they're for..

I also preordered the new ones for ps4 and vita, but now amiami has an exclusive bonus version.
I'll have to ask amiami to cancel one of them so I can switch to the new ones. :/

Ultimadrago

We have a buy/sell thread here? Also how successful have you been with your MFC selling?

Yep!

And I've been successful on MFC with the transactions I've done (while only a handful). Just take the usual safety/precaution measures with buyers/sellers and you won't get screwed. Only negative is that unless you're a Premium member, I believe, you can only post an additional ad every week or so. Which is why I'd primarily use GAF. I tend to avoid Ebay and Amazon to not have to deal with seller fees at all while getting money for figures I'd just like to sell.

If the figures are very lewd (for GAF), I suppose you can go by name alone plus face profile for those applicable.

Goes without saying you should list them here first. Also how dare you sell Shiro already!

kewlmyc

Goes without saying you should list them here first. Also how dare you sell Shiro already!

I'm technically selling her before I even get her :p I'm getting her in January along with 2 other figures I've already prepaid for and I'm immediately going to sell them off without taking them out of the box.

I'm technically selling her before I even get her :p I'm getting her in January along with 2 other figures I've already prepaid for and I'm immediately going to sell them off without taking them out of the box.

You monster!

Why not just cancel her? Did you order from Crunchyroll?

yami4ct

MG Double X!

Man oh man. You guys don't know how long I've wanted this kit. So stoked for this. Double X is one of my all time favorite designs, but due to the show's lack of popularity it pretty much was getting zero kit love until recently. This and PG Unicorn, I honestly can't believe this.

Speaking of PG Unicorn, full display is finally out.

Beautiful kit. Glad I bought it. The more I see it, the more I love it. Going to be such a beauty in person.

We also got a few more kit announcements. I'm personally really excited for a RG 00 Raiser but I'm probably one of the few, at least in the West.

MG Double X!

Man oh man. You guys don't know how long I've wanted this kit. So stoked for this. Double X is one of my all time favorite designs, but due to the show's lack of popularity it pretty much was getting zero kit love until recently. This and PG Unicorn, I honestly can't believe this.

Speaking of PG Unicorn, full display is finally out.

Beautiful kit. Glad I bought it. The more I see it, the more I love it. Going to be such a beauty in person.

We also got a few more kit announcements. I'm personally really excited for a RG 00 Raiser but I'm probably one of the few, at least in the West.

Yay for Double X! Have preorders gone up yet?

I am still debating if I want to try to import that add-on kit for PG Unicorn.

yami4ct

Yay for Double X! Have preorders gone up yet?

I am still debating if I want to try to import that add-on kit for PG Unicorn.

I checked AmiAmi and HLJ and it seems no preorders yet. They've just been announced, don't think Bandai's solicited them yet. He's a March release, so I suspect we'll get preorders real soon. Almost certainly by early December.

As for the FA kit, I don't really have any interest in it personally. I love the Full Armor design, but at the PG size, it's almost too much. It kind of distracts from how good the base PG design is. I could envision an amazing diorama display were engineers are putting the FA parts on the Unicorn in the maintenance bay before launch. Some amazing stuff could come out of a design like that.

Zerojul

MG Double X!

Man oh man. You guys don't know how long I've wanted this kit. So stoked for this. Double X is one of my all time favorite designs, but due to the show's lack of popularity it pretty much was getting zero kit love until recently.

Same here. Stoked as hell for this one (and RE/100 Dijeh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom