• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
So is there any kind of average time it takes for newly painted stuff to go up for pre-order? I'm sure it varies by manufacturer, but is summer a decent guess for some of this stuff?

Well, the thing to keep in mind is that polystone is heavy and fragile. While the shipping cost won't be an issue, since GSC flat-rate is 2k, I don't know if I would trust international shipping with a $1200 item.

Yea, I backed off again. I took one look at GSC's damaged goods policy and said, "NOPE!".

If its still there a few days before the preorder closes then maybe.

raven777

So is there any kind of average time it takes for newly painted stuff to go up for pre-order? I'm sure it varies by manufacturer, but is summer a decent guess for some of this stuff?

for some of them, certainly. But some companies takes ages for them to start preorder. If I remember correctly it took Alter nearly a year after showing the painted version of IS duo to start preorder.

raven777

Guess unlike the Stormtrooper, Darth Vader nendoroid wasn't shown?

B9TBY38CQAAmsro.png:large

B9TDqXzCEAA6ipu.png:large

omlet

Okay, reviewing the damage tonight thus far... For scale figures, not as much caught my eye as I was afraid might. There were a few others I saw that I kind of liked but wouldn't put high priority on

Scales:

• Maiko Sakura Kyoko (Madoka Magica) - Already on my list. Locked in.
  • Maiko Miki Sayaka (Madoka Magica) - Already on my list. Locked in.
  • Vania (Rage of Bahamut) - Need to see a sculpt but this one will be on my radar
  • Cordelia (Fire Emblem) - Better than I expected, but not yet convinced. I'm not sure about the whole wing thing, looks kind of dumb and her armor hanging on it looks even dumber (though that may just be to show it can be removed if you want, and not actually the "intended" setup). Will keep an eye on her.

Nendos:
  • Eclair (DOG DAYS) - My #1 nendo request on the GSC survey. Max nendo hype.
  • Banchou Mako (Kill la Kill) - Yessss.
  • Patchouli (Touhou) - I wanna see her expressions/extras but probably locked in.
  • Northern Princess (KanColle) - Of course.
  • Link (TLoZ) - I didn't get toon Link nendo, not a fan...but I'll get this one!
  • Stormtrooper (Star Wars) - I didn't know I needed this.
  • Alice Cartlet (Kiniro Mosaic) - A little on the plain side, but I love KinMoza and this one will probably be very cute.

I may have missed some things in the crossfire...it was pretty intense there for a couple hours.

I'm reeeeeeeally interested in these two but obviously need to see painting first:

Any particular reason you'd get that Kirigiri instead of Phat's awesome one?

I have a question about Mandarake. If they cancel your order due to not available will they still have that item up to purchase? I ordered this Aegis and it was canceled, but it is still up on the web.

If they send you an order cancellation that typically means the particular item you tried to buy got bought by someone in person in their physical store before they could pull it off the shelf for you.

Normally, if they only have 1 of something, the item will get "sold out" immediately from the website when you place your order. Since it's still showing as available, I'm not sure what happened. Try ordering again.

As already asked and answered, no.

I'm sure we'll see some of these things this later this year. Most probably won't be out until 2016 or later. Just assume nothing you want will be out until summer of 2017 and you'll be happier for it.

Acid08

Banned
for some of them, certainly. But some companies takes ages for them to start preorder. If I remember correctly it took Alter nearly a year after showing the painted version of IS duo to start preorder.

Yikes. Guess I won't worry about it too much.

Any particular reason you'd get that Kirigiri instead of Phat's awesome one?

As already asked and answered, no.

I'm sure we'll see some of these things this later this year. Most probably won't be out until 2016 or later. Just assume nothing you want will be out until summer of 2017 and you'll be happier for it.

I already have the Phat version :p I just like her enough that I'd get another if it was quality.

I believe so. I pushed the upper body onto the lower body as much as possible. A tiny wiggle and it comes apart.

If you've assembled it correctly, and the joints are properly mated, this should definately not be happening.

I've never heard of a nendoroid having major defects like this though, perhaps another user can better recognize what may be occurring and give you a hand.

Is it possible you can post a picture of how it looks when you put it together?

Azndood

Neo Member
If you've assembled it correctly, and the joints are properly mated, this should definately not be happening.

I've never heard of a nendoroid having major defects like this though, perhaps another user can better recognize what may be occurring and give you a hand.

Is it possible you can post a picture of how it looks when you put it together?

Here are some pictures:
F18vnV.jpg
Nc9BOZ.jpg

Small wiggles/physical contact causes it to fall apart like this. (arms, feet also fall apart easily but the body is most annoying)
jdLJBs.jpg

chrono01

Still not sure whether I should pre-order Snow Miku Nendoroid 2015. She's cute...but I have so many Hatsune Miku Nendoroid as there is, and the money could be used towards one of the many scales unveiled at this WonderFes.

I'll probably sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
How quickly do preorders go up on AmiAmi after WonderFest? Nendo Kirby, MM 3D Link, FIGMA YUGI *DROOOOL*

If they send you an order cancellation that typically means the particular item you tried to buy got bought by someone in person in their physical store before they could pull it off the shelf for you.

Normally, if they only have 1 of something, the item will get "sold out" immediately from the website when you place your order. Since it's still showing as available, I'm not sure what happened. Try ordering again.

Ok thanks. Couldn't hurt to try again.

Bombless

How quickly do preorders go up on AmiAmi after WonderFest? Nendo Kirby, MM 3D Link, FIGMA YUGI *DROOOOL*

Usually the stuff shown at WonFest doesn't open for preorders right away. It's random though, some things might actually be available soon and some others might not be available for a year. There's no way to tell in advance.

GSC WonFes order placed. Re-class, Snow Miku figma + nendoroid (figma for me, nendoroid for mom). The current nendo doesn't scream must have to me tbh and I still haven't unboxed the 2014 I got for myself anyway.

Here are some pictures:

Small wiggles/physical contact causes it to fall apart like this. (arms, feet also fall apart easily but the body is most annoying)

I took a look over at his MFC page, and unfortunately this problem seems common.

Got mine a few days ago but as cute as he is I'm definitely disappointed by how difficult he is to pose, the hands and feet are loose and the stand peg doesn't seem to fit properly in his back so he falls out easily.

Just received him today. He is so cute but I encountered some issues :
1st the box (to hide Snake) -> it is inserted behind the inner paperboard, when i checked it I noticed that the ink has smudged. :( And in fact you have to glue it to make it stand.
2nd Snake himself : he tends to dismember really easily :/
3rd the pose : I'm trying to put him in pose (hiden under the box), but even with the plastic chock placed on the sternum it does not want to stand still : the head is way too heavy.
If you manage to pose him please let me know, maybe I'm missing something :$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom