• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI | Review Thread

What scores do you think Final Fantasy XVI will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-30%

• 30-40%

• 40-50%

• 50-60%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 20 3.9%
  • 80-90%

Votes: 188 36.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 243 47.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 49 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regginator

W3 is 90+ with alot of day one issues and its a full blown Action rpg.

You're the second person using Witcher 3 as an example, which isn't a lot but weird that it happened twice. Could've also went with Bloodborne or something.

Anyway, I said I was merely quoting some stuff I read in the previews for XVI. That doesn't mean that action RPG's are bad, but if you're a life-long fan of FF (which I'm not), I can understand it dividing the fanbase, which is why I don't think it'll review 95 or something like that.

When does the review embargo lift?
fKTjQVn.png

Fabieter

You're the second person using Witcher 3 as an example, which isn't a lot but weird that it happened twice. Could've also went with Bloodborne or something.

Anyway, I said I was merely quoting some stuff I read in the previews for XVI. That doesn't mean that action RPG's are bad, but if you're a life-long fan of FF (which I'm not), I can understand it dividing the fanbase, which is why I don't think it'll review 95 or something like that.

No offense with w3. I played it twice to 100% which dont happen very often with games this long but it just was an example how action rpgs are awesome and should be rated for what they are not what they aint.

Guilty_AI

Not really bothered by scores as much as I am by reasoning, which is the only thing that matters.

If you tell me you didn’t like a comedy because it wasn’t funny, I understand it even if it’s funny to me. But if you say that you don’t like comedies then… ugh…
He didn't gave combat a 5/10, it was a 9/10. A 9/10.
A fan of a series criticizing a disliked change, without tearing it for it, is perfectly reasonable.

Fess

Average 85 because of disgusting hype and the shilling that goes on in places like this but in reality it’s probably like 60.
I don’t think the platform warriors/shills are doing their thing here. People are just excited, it’s been this way for new Final Fantasy games as long as I can remember. I remember a swedish games magazine handing out a 100/100 to Final Fantasy III (VI). I think I still have the mag somewhere. Not 99. 100.

Mr.Phoenix

Thirty7ven

Banned
He didn't gave combat a 5/10, it was a 9/10. A 9/10.
A fan of a series criticizing a disliked change, without tearing it for it, is perfectly reasonable.

I don’t care about the score, and I don’t think being a fan of the franchise means much when the franchise has a bunch of different games. Hell it even has a strategy game.

It would be like being a fan of FFXV and complain or criticize that XVI isn’t set in the same world.

The score is great, how are you supposed to complain about a 9 anyway?

I always refer to the "summons" as Aeons because that's what they call them in X. I looked up now, and in XVI is Eikons, right?
Yep, Eikons…I thought your phone just made a random autocorrect lol. I forgot about Aeons. Reminds how long it’s been since I played though X. Might have to do that again after 16.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Nah, I wont. I don't care *that* much if this game gets good reviews or not.

What I care are sales, and if this does get good sales for a FF game, then I'll be sad.
Come on man, a lot of people worked on this game. When a game does great in this industry, we all win. I say that as someone not liking the direction this series has gone. And so, I’ve had to pivot my tastes in the direction of Atlus. They still make great traditional JRPG’s.

Last edited:
Top Bottom