• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Audi announced today that they will take ABT Schaeffler Formula E Team spot in the next season...the name will stay the same, they will only add Audi Sport in front of it. Audi is the first German manufacturer to enter Formula E, still waiting for Mercedes to decide...

Spades

Audi announced today that they will take ABT Schaeffler Formula E Team spot in the next season...the name will stay the same, they will only add Audi Sport in front of it. Audi is the first German manufacturer to enter Formula E, still waiting for Mercedes to decide...

Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler Formula E Team BMWSauber Ferrari.

Brot is in fine form!
Lol

Going to have to, expect at least 2 more to be used this season.

Because it's brotkasten. With his perspectives things can only turn out better, genius really!

Over? Why ever would you think that?

Sorry if I'm not being that optimistic after Ferrari got their asses handed to them twice in a row and they got caught cheating. Add the usual in-season development fuck-up and mid-season firing of key staffers and I'm not seeing any remote chance of Vettel fighting for the title any longer.

Fox Mulder

Sorry if I'm not being that optimistic after Ferrari got their asses handed to them twice in a row and they got caught cheating. Add the usual in-season development fuck-up and mid-season firing of key staffers and I'm not seeing any remote chance of Vettel fighting for the title any longer.

Im just waiting for the Ferrari collapse too. Enjoying it while it lasts though, as Bottas isn't Rosberg yet.

Horner confirming that he owns Sainz' ass and that RIC and VES will drive for RB next year.

However, following the conclusion of FP1 in Spielberg, Horner disclosed some contract details about the Spaniard.

“We’ve taken the option on Carlos Sainz and he will be in a Toro Rosso next year,” Horner said to Sky Sports F1.

“It makes no sense loaning him out. I don’t know where he thinks he’ll be next year.

“It’s a bit disingenuous saying stuff like that. Without Red Bull he wouldn’t be in Formula 1.”

Sainz’s ultimate aim is to be driving for Red Bull, but Horner also confirmed that the opportunity would not be there for him next season.

He added: “Our plans for next year is that our cars will have the same numbers on them next year. Both drivers will be with us 100 per cent.”

http://www.planetf1.com/news/horner-critical-of-disingenuous-sainz/

Zaru

Fun fact, that would make Sainz the only Toro Rosso driver in history to stay for 4 seasons.
Everyone who didn't make it to Red Bull by year 3 has been sacked. He's obviously fearing for his career

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, signing one of those junior deals (for any team, not just RBR, though I consider them the best option) is never going to be good if you have the talent to make it to F1 on your own.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Who was that they kept cutting to in the Red Bull garage....one of the higher ups in RBR?

Only really starting to get interested in the behind the scenes world of F1 nowish since pretty much everything is shown on Super Sport Africa these days...and i like being in the know whenever the camera seemingly is giving people attention.

Mohonky

Ricciardo is hoing to have to start improving, Verstappen is starting to leave him behind. If it werent for the failures Verstappen would ve up there with 2 potential 2nd place podiums. He really has the pace right now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ricciardo is hoing to have to start improving, Verstappen is starting to leave him behind. If it werent for the failures Verstappen would ve up there with 2 potential 2nd place podiums. He really has the pace right now.

Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo says he has no excuses for having trailed teammate Max Verstappen in recent qualifying sessions, admitting the Dutchman has "just been quick".

Verstappen has started ahead of his teammate in each of the last four races, although on each occasion Ricciardo would go on to enjoy better fortunes on race day.

“I’ve made a couple of mistakes here and there,” said Ricciardo of his recent qualifying record against Verstappen. “Max has also just been quick.

"I can’t take anything away from Max. He’s been driving really well.

"Obviously last year we pushed each other a lot. I think the longer we stay teammates, the more we’re going to keep pushing each other.

“He’s been really just on it, and you could see he’s really comfortable with the car. I think he’s just been getting more confident as well in himself, and that’s been helping him.

"From my side I think I’ve just got to be more perfect, make less mistakes. But no excuse, he’s just been driving well."

Ricciardo said that Red Bull can find no explanation as to why Verstappen’s car has been the focus of the team’s unreliability problems in recent races.

The Dutchman was an early casualty in both Montreal and Baku due to mechanical issues.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricciardo-verstappen-qualifying-record-red-bull-927256/

Zaru

There was this teammate comparison made recently that showed Verstappen beating Ricciardo roughly 2:1 in everything except for the race results, and not through his own fault as we know.

The better driver having half the points is probably one of the strangest results of the RB13. Unlucky for some indeed.

Aiii

So not worth it
There was this teammate comparison made recently that showed Verstappen beating Ricciardo roughly 2:1 in everything except for the race results, and not through his own fault as we know.

The better driver having half the points is probably one of the strangest results of the RB13. Unlucky for some indeed.

They refitted VER's car this weekend, so hopefully the new parts aren't as prone to fault as his old ones.

Zaru

They refitted VER's car this weekend, so hopefully the new parts aren't as prone to fault as his old ones.

One can only hope. Verstappen has the least completed race laps of any permanent driver on the grid this year. And that includes Fernando's McHonda.

KdotIX

Not a bad showing from McLaren in FP2. Hoping this form continues throughout the weekend and the Spec III engine holds together.

Any chance that Liberty Media will or is working on some kind of subscription service to F1? With my PS Vue subscription going up by $10 starting this fall I can't really justify paying $40 a month just to watch F1. Paying $30 as it is already is a stretch for me and going higher is just not worth it.

Zaru

Any chance that Liberty Media will or is working on some kind of subscription service to F1? With my PS Vue subscription going up by $10 starting this fall I can't really justify paying $40 a month just to watch F1. Paying $30 as it is already is a stretch for me and going higher is just not worth it.

Don't expect anything this year. It might not even happen in a way we want.

Fact of the matter is, there are two extremely opposed interests at work here.
Broadcasting companies who paid a lot of money for their rights (especially Sky)
vs.
People like us who want F1 to utilize the capabilities of streaming (watch any session live, with free choice of camera/onboard, old race archive etc.)

The former is going to kick and scream against the latter because it's direct competition.
If the latter happens there will be compromises to not upset the former, so simply put it'll be shit for the price if it ever happens.
You CANNOT upset broadcasting companies too much because they provide much more exposure for F1 than streaming ever could. Streaming is for people who are already interested in the sport, it hardly acquires new fans.

Yeah, not anytime soon. Those TV contracts are super lucrative and are contracted out for some period of time, so it won't happen anytime in the near term.

Lego Boss

Don't expect anything this year. It might not even happen in a way we want.

Fact of the matter is, there are two extremely opposed interests at work here.
Broadcasting companies who paid a lot of money for their rights (especially Sky)
vs.
People like us who want F1 to utilize the capabilities of streaming (watch any session live, with free choice of camera/onboard, old race archive etc.)

The former is going to kick and scream against the latter because it's direct competition.
If the latter happens there will be compromises to not upset the former, so simply put it'll be shit for the price if it ever happens.
You CANNOT upset broadcasting companies too much because they provide much more exposure for F1 than streaming ever could. Streaming is for people who are already interested in the sport, it hardly acquires new fans.

Would get even more exposure if they stayed free-to-air.

Can't imagine the teams' sponsors are that happy about being moved to the equivalent of Sky Movies when it loses F2A in 2019 (in the UK at least).

Maybe Netflix could pick it up.

Waveset

Can't imagine the teams' sponsors are that happy about being moved to the equivalent of Sky Movies when it loses F2A in 2019 (in the UK at least).

Teams will have to start giving acestream figures to boost the viewing numbers.

DBT85

They've weighed it against the extra money they get from Sky and decided they are happy.

Batty if you ask me but there you go.

At least after the summer you'll be able to just get the F1 channel for a slightly more reasonable price than you can at the moment.

DBT85

Wasn't aware of that, where do you see this info?
Was something I saw reported on the other day. They are rebranding everything as profits are down and will allow you to just have the f1 channel, or the golf channel, or the 2 football channels or whatever you want. No more ss1, ss2 etc. It'll be football 1, football 2, golf, cricket, F1 and "arena" which will show the other crap.

Largely I imagine because people want F1 or golf and don't want to pay for football. I like football, but I see enough at work since its, well, my job lol.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd probably go for an F1 only channel if he price want insane. Don't give a shit about football which clearly inflates the sky sports price

4K would be nice but on sky you need to be on the top tier and a multi screen sub to get that which is just silly

I've still got the SkyHD package which includes the F1 channel. Works out I'm paying about £5 to watch F1 although when it's live on C4 I end up there due to Crofty getting on my tits.

Razgreez

Gearbox penalty for Hamilton I see. Wonder if it had anything to do with a shunt from behind
:p

For all the musings about potential Ferrari​ unreliability adversely affecting their championship hopes it's Mercedes that's suffering due to it

sammex

tumblr_osqefhoBns1t0grs4o1_1280.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom