• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

M52B28

Banned
Why do I get the feeling that there will be chaos this upcoming race in Austria? Maybe it's the leftover tension from Baku, but I feel that some drivers are going to be going for each other's necks.

Considering Hamilton's penalty, it will be nice to see how hard he pushes to get to the front of the pack.

Hard overtakes, please, locking brakes, partial drifts and it all.

Fox Mulder

Hahaha, The Independent claiming that VER is going to take a year off in 2018 so he can sign with Ferrari in 2019.

Because that totally sounds like Verstappen.

I get if he wants to bail and sets something up with another team for 2019, but taking a year off seems dumb.

Redbull is a customer team limited by the engine situation that won't change until the next formula. They'll be there to scoop wins when Ferrari and Mercedes stumble, but haven't been on their pace for years.

Yen

I'd probably go for an F1 only channel if he price want insane. Don't give a shit about football which clearly inflates the sky sports price

4K would be nice but on sky you need to be on the top tier and a multi screen sub to get that which is just silly
£18 for the new F1 package iirc

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I couldn't see on the video, but were there any flags being waved?

sTiTcH AU

A thought about this today, what is with drivers not wanting to put the #1 on their car anymore when they win the championship?

We have not seen the #1 on an F1 car since Vettel in 2014. In MotoGP there has not been a #1 since Stoner in 2012 and this year in the V8 supercars SVG is still using 97.

I like seeing the #1 on a car and can't understand why a driver would choose not to display it.

Zaru

Also fucking penalty for Hamilton. Unvelievable.
Sky is gonna go nuts with this one.

But bad luck for Lewis. He'll plow through most cars in front of him though, that'll be interesting to watch.
Somehow I doubt Vettel will go through this weekend issue- and incident-free.

dl77

Redbull is a customer team limited by the engine situation that won't change until the next formula. They'll be there to scoop wins when Ferrari and Mercedes stumble, but haven't been on their pace for years.

Really?! I'd say that, this season aside, Red Bull have been Mercedes closest competitor over a season for the past few years. In terms of development over the year they're second to none. Let's face it, Ferrari's only championship win in the past 13 years was a decade ago!

A thought about this today, what is with drivers not wanting to put the #1 on their car anymore when they win the championship?

We have not seen the #1 on an F1 car since Vettel in 2014. In MotoGP there has not been a #1 since Stoner in 2012 and this year in the V8 supercars SVG is still using 97.

I like seeing the #1 on a car and can't understand why a driver would choose not to display it.

Your number is part of your brand now so drivers would rather stay on brand.

DBT85

Branding. Sports stars are often associated with a number for life.

dl77

Not have No1 on your car doesn't change that you're still the champion, a lot of people have numbers that have more importance. If I was in F1 and had the choice I'd have a number that was more personal to me rather than just a 1.

Zeknurn

@fergieweather
#F1 #BBCF1 #AUSTRIANGP SAT: FP3 has fair chance of staying dry; risk showers 25%. By quali, risk grows to 60% with T-storms expected in area

Lets do the bet brotkasten. I want to end with a win.

Jezbollah

Sky confirming the Independent reporting Max has put a request to Red Bull that he leave the team at the end of 2018 to join Ferrari.

EDIT: lol. Was watching last night's paddock show :) still.. Does this mean Seb and Max in the same team? Top kek if true.

Jezbollah

The power of dreams.

ITS ALL THE CHASSIS NOT THE ENGINE ;)

Re Red Bull - are Sainz and Max good friends? I bet Max has said to Carlos that he wants out and to start making noise about about moving to the main Red Bull team now.

It all fits in too nicely, Max to Ferrari, Sainz to Red Bull....

hamchan

Sky confirming the Independent reporting Max has put a request to Red Bull that he leave the team at the end of 2018 to join Ferrari.

EDIT: lol. Was watching last night's paddock show :) still.. Does this mean Seb and Max in the same team? Top kek if true.

Seb and Max in the same team just absolutely hating each other makes me want this so much.

stryke

Lol, Horner indirectly confirmed Kyvat ain't good enough for a hypothetical third seat at RB. It feels like they only keep him around to remind the others what happens when you start sucking.

Zeknurn

I'm not really in the mood for this, but it sounds insane to me. So yeah, why not.

Personally, I'm betting on Verstappens first win.

Both Red Bulls have floor damage in this session. I'm betting on a double dnf for Red Bull and a strong result by Force India.

Edit: Brake failure for Hamilton, they were smoking a lot before too.

Zeknurn

DQGh1X6.jpg

F1 set for Shield test at British GP, first image revealed

Looks great. We could get some cool looking cars when teams incorporate them into their designs.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

You make it sound like a trend. Chosen numbers are relatively new in F1, and there's only one driver who has had #1 while being able to choose, one driver who chose not to use it, and one driver who just didn't turn up.

Their number is important, otherwise they wouldn't have chosen it.

John_B

Hamilton's brake issue was with something not being fitted correctly. Some really stupid fumbles by Mercedes also this season. Why is it always Hamilton?

John_B

Must be a conspiracy!
This was not what I was alluding too. It was more of a why does he have the bad luck with these fumbles like in Monaco 2015. It could be the pressure is higher when you are leading and the whole team then more often makes mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom