• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
So here are my hot takes based on absolutely nothing but rumors.

-McLaren switching to Renault, Alonso stays on.
-STR switches to Honda, proceeds to betatest the engine, 2019 RBR-Honda.
-Kubica takes the Renault seat next year.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
So here are my hot takes based on absolutely nothing but rumors.

-McLaren switching to Renault, Alonso stays on.
-STR switches to Honda, proceeds to betatest the engine, 2019 RBR-Honda.
-Kubica takes the Renault seat next year.

The rumours (and lack of denial from Horner) seem to suggest that RB want a works engine.

Jezbollah

The rumours (and lack of denial from Horner) seem to suggest that RB want a works engine.

A couple of years McLaren wanted a works engine..

STR running Honda for a year gives RB the best options going forward. The Renault, while not as good as the Merc or Ferrari does do enough in the hands of a good car (RB) to contend for consistent top 5s.

Given that McLaren are currently not that far off the top 10 in Monza with a hopeless engine means that they have a decent chassis.

Fox Mulder

No way redbull sacrifice themselves and all the talk has been about Toro Rosso getting Honda engines.

Theyd keep an eye on Honda and would probably have a deal in place to switch the redbull team if the engines got good.

Aiii

So not worth it
A couple of years McLaren wanted a works engine..

STR running Honda for a year gives RB the best options going forward. The Renault, while not as good as the Merc or Ferrari does do enough in the hands of a good car (RB) to contend for consistent top 5s.

Given that McLaren are currently not that far off the top 10 in Monza with a hopeless engine means that they have a decent chassis.

Actually they practiced the tow trick they did in Spa. Their actual pace is more around p16.

Loris146

DIpF78qXoAA0SrP.jpg:large

Seb is there with Bottas and Ham.

Elros

I did not expect to see Vettel this close to the Mercedes today, and Raikkonen is not that far behind. Maybe this will not be an easy 1-2 for Mercedes, then.

ramparter

Banned
I did not expect to see Vettel this close to the Mercedes today, and Raikkonen is not that far behind. Maybe this will not be an easy 1-2 for Mercedes, then.
Monza is a demanding track and I expect one of the two Mercs to face some kind of technical issue (breaks, tires, fuel whatever). Let's see.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
question for UK Sky-Gaf. How much is it to watch F1 in UHD and is it a decent improvement?

For occasional weekends when I don't want to wait for C4 highlights I'm stuck on an ipad with a now TV 24hr sport pass which isn't great.

I have virgin media at the moment but would happily ditch it

DBT85

question for UK Sky-Gaf. How much is it to watch F1 in UHD and is it a decent improvement?

For occasional weekends when I don't want to wait for C4 highlights I'm stuck on an ipad with a now TV 24hr sport pass which isn't great.

I have virgin media at the moment but would happily ditch it

To get sky sports and f1 in 4k you need at bare minimum 18 a month for TV, 25 ish for sport (more if you want more than just the f1) and then 12 a month for "multiroom". That last bit is the 4k activators even if you don't want multiroom you need it for 4k.

I have a 60% off offer on my TV package so there are deals to be had, maybe try calling them to see what you can get. My TV deal is £43 a month with the full TV deal except movies, the 4k box in the living room and a mini box in the bedroom.

Another nice thing with sky Q is that you can watch stuff on your tablet via the satellite/ sky box rather than via the Internet. Handy for me as my connection is shit.

I love the f1 in 4k it's also not just about the resolution, but that it's 50fps rather than 25 like the HD broadcast. So it just looks smoother as well.

My dad was pessimistic about any difference but he saw it immediately when he came to mine last weekend.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

The Mercedes race pace was very strong today, though.

DBT85

I thought they'd introduced a change for these engine penalties that you couldn't take it all at one race? Yet it seems exactly what Red Bull Tag Heurerere and Honda are doing?

Lach

I thought they'd introduced a change for these engine penalties that you couldn't take it all at one race? Yet it seems exactly what Red Bull Tag Heurerere and Honda are doing?

No they changed that you couldn't accumulate penalties for multiple engines. Like using Engine #5 in FP1 and Engine #6 in FP2. I think you'll get the penalty for when you use the engine in the race for the first time?

Of course its even more complicated as you can mix match engine parts.

DBT85

No they changed that you couldn't accumulate penalties for multiple engines. Like using Engine #5 in FP1 and Engine #6 in FP2. I think you'll get the penalty for when you use the engine in the race for the first time?

Of course its even more complicated as you can mix match engine parts.
Ah OK.

RSP

Max was saying they didn't want to get to Q3, because they want to be able to choose their tires. I guess that means they won't run Q2 either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom