• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolff says Alonso’s “history” with Mercedes is why he won’t get 2018 drive
giphy.webp

Self-proclaimed best driver can't get a seat in a racing winning team, when did that happen the last time?
Even Prost after getting kicked out of Ferrari ended up at Williams in 93. I also remember most of Prost's teammates...at least in Nigel's case having some choice words for him if I'm remembering my driver rivalries right.

Aiii

So not worth it
Great event. Love this stuff, based Liberty have really saved F1. Drivers have fun personalities now. Great job.

Jezbollah

Even Prost after getting kicked out of Ferrari ended up at Williams in 93. I also remember most of Prost's teammates...at least in Nigel's case having some choice words for him if I'm remembering my driver rivalries right.

I'm sure Renault were not complaining with Prost's availability, especially when Mansell bolted for IndyCar.

It's the exact opposite of the situation here - I'm sure if Mercedes liked Alonso and wanted to supply McLaren they would (as there's a much better chance of McLaren being spoilers in the Red Bull/Ferrari dice if they indeed do have a good car). Instead they let a Mercedes engine supply to Williams go to waste.

Zeknurn

Everyone is out except Verstappen whose car needs last minute modifications following a problem with a floor upgrade.

Rain and thunderstorms expected for both sessions.

Zumbug

Neo Member
Anyone able to get the UHD broadcast for P1 to work on Sky Q? Keeps saying nothing is being broadcast despite it prompting me to view in UHD.

Burai

shitonmychest57
13 minutes in and Fernando already has a 35 place grid penalty.

This was planned (along with Vandoorne's change last weekend). It gives them a fresh engine for Singapore which should be their best chance of points for the rest of the year.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Penalties:
Sainz - 10
Verstappen - 15
Ricciardo - 20
Alonso - 35

Starting Grid might look interesting.

Elros

Starting Grid might look interesting.
You mean

MERC
MERC
FER
FER
FI
FI
... ?

EDIT : But with the two Redbulls this far back will most likely give us some action during the race, so interesting starting grid from this point of view indeed.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
That was interesting!

Brundle asked Horner "wouldn't you prefer a Renault engine in the Toro Rosso, keep an eye on them, and then put a works engine in the RB?"

Horner then said, "that's a very probing question, Martin! And an interesting observation"

Or words to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom