• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

It's weird because that thing looked rock solid during testing.

But, better to replace it before a race than losing it during a race.

Mastah

Tobi Grüner @tgruener

Ricciardo & Verstappen will begin running in FP1 with different sidepod wings.

C-e8XbEXsAAOseP.jpg:large

DBT85

They should just do what Hamilton did at Spa last year and take all the penalties in one race

The four engines for 21 races is ridiculous though in the first place

They changed the rules after everyone cried about Hamilton, Alonso and Button doing it and getting all the pens in one race. Now some are carried over.

Doikor

They changed the rules after everyone cried about Hamilton, Alonso and Button doing it and getting all the pens in one race. Now some are carried over.

Nah it was changed so that only the engine you finished the race with can be used again in other races. Any other engines will not be usable.

tomtom94

Vandoorne suffered three MGU-H failures at the last race in Bahrain, and team-mate Fernando Alonso one, but Honda entered the race in Russia hoping that they had solved some of their problems.

It remains to be seen where the latest problem lies in the engine.

shade

Hasegawa confirmed that there was nothing wrong with Alonso's Bahrain PU.

Bahrain race MGU-Hs not damaged, can be used in free practice.

The Stoff's MGU-H issues were caused by bearing failures. Had no issues on dyno, units have been beefed up, don't know if it's enough until real track running.

The Mercedes helping them talk is a load of rubbish.

Mastah

Andrew Benson‏ @andrewbensonf1 12m12 minutes ago

Honda: suspected MGU-K issue for Vandoorne. Changing engine. "Hope" to be on track in P2. 15 grid penalties for race because 5th MGU-H/turbo

Power unit penalties in 4th out of 21 races. GG Honda.

Lima

Wew lad Red Bull. They are so far behind here. Hopefully their upgrades for Barcelona in 2 weeks do something for them to get them closer. I mean the Ferrari & Mercedes fight is better than the Mercedes domination from the last years but since I both like Verstappen and especially Ric I would love to see them join the fight too.

Zaru

Wew lad Red Bull. They are so far behind here. Hopefully their upgrades for Barcelona in 2 weeks do something for them to get them closer. I mean the Ferrari & Mercedes fight is better than the Mercedes domination from the last years but since I both like Verstappen and especially Ric I would love to see them join the fight too.

It seems like Red Bull has spent the last few years in the dark land of not having enough power -> so they compensate with less drag (see top speeds this year) -> so their aero is significantly worse than it could be as well

Lima

This channel is really good. Thank god for Liberty Media, and screw you, Bernie.

I can't wait for them to sort out the rights with channels and do a subscription with streaming like all the major US sports have.
F1 All Access for like 199€ would be baller. Maybe even put up an archive with classic races and stuff.

It seems like Red Bull has spent the last few years in the dark land of not having enough power -> so they compensate with less drag (see top speeds this year) -> so their aero is significantly worse than it could be as well

Aren't Renault supposed to deliver a new eingine with higher top speeds soon? I mean the Renault works team is also shockingly slow here. Maybe things will look up then. I just don't want to believe that Newey fucked up.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I can't wait for them to sort out the rights with channels and do a subscription with streaming like all the major US sports have.
F1 All Access for like 199€ would be baller. Maybe even put up an archive with classic races and stuff.

Yeah, I'd definitely pay for it, especially if they'd provide Sky UK commentary, like they do in their race recaps. Sky in Germany sucks. Their apps suck and their commentators suck.

Lima

Yeah, I'd definitely pay for it, especially if they'd provide Sky UK commentary, like they do in their race recaps. Sky in Germany sucks. Their apps suck and their commentators suck.

Don't hate on Marc Surer.

Could be worse. You could watch on RTL with Heiko Wasser and Christian Danner 🤔

Zaru

Aren't Renault supposed to deliver a new eingine with higher top speeds soon? I mean the Renault works team is also shockingly slow here. Maybe things will look up then. I just don't want to believe that Newey fucked up.
Newey and/or the RB design team did fuck up to some extent, regardless. At least that's the impression I'm getting. The FIA just "analyzed" it, as planned, and assumes that everyone but Honda is within 0.3 (which Red Bull is doubting, for obvious reasons)

But yeah, they're expecting a good 0.2-0.3 from the engine update... which doesn't sound like much, but if further aero development can be less compromised, it's probably worth 0.5 in reality, more or less depending on the track. Which would put Red Bull in actual striking distance.

I don't know, a small $5K fine for every defective MGU-H / turbo?
Lol. That's such chump change that everyone would bring in qualifying components and per-race engines.

Mastah

Chris Medland‏ @ChrisMedlandF1 now6 seconds ago

Vandoorne channels his inner Alonso: "Unbelievable. The Force India just past me, he was so far behind..."

B-b-but it's only this evil Spaniard Alonso shitting on Honda for no reason with his exaggerated radio comments.

I already offered you to join the bet. Since you're so sure about it, it shouldn't be a problem right?

If you join and I lose, I'll add another week to it.

The bet is skewed in your favour. I can only win if Ferrari wins while for you every other result ends with a victory.

Aiii

So not worth it
Surely Liberty can't be happy that an exciting Hamilton-Vettel battle could potentially be skewed by a ton of grid penalties.

I don't know, a small $5K fine for every defective MGU-H / turbo?

Good stuff, the top teams will blow through 5 units every weekend and the small teams will have to fire their entire hospitality staff to be able to afford the new units with terrible reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom