• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wait, people excited for a Cyhi tape?

the thirst is very real and there isn't anywhere or anything to quench it.
Singles have been really good, it's executively produced by Ye and has the G.O.O.D. Fridays font. Altogether makes me 10x more willing to check it out than I would his previous work (which I never did).

Still trying to digest Oxy and that BEEN TRILL (on top of all this De La Soul...) so I probably won't get around it for a while though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I really like trillium

It comes w a built in logo too!

I got real excited that someone else was reading the comic...

trill2djryu.jpg

funnily enough, the field the characters are standing in is a field of trillium!

Esch

Banned
Action Bronson Adventure Time

I fux w/bronsolino heavy but the way this guy casually talks about beating his fans rubs me the wrong way. Thats not how you treat your peoples. It's how you help set up a court case against yourself when someone takes you to task for some dumb shit you did on stage drunk. He needs to watch it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Most of the songs on this #BEENTRILL# tape have like, the exact same progression. I guess that's just trap being trap, but still manage to go hard. Jesus.

Run This Town, Hellafornia, Where Have You Been, Suit & Tie, Get Low.. haven't even been able to finish the tape because I keep hitting rewind.

Most of the songs on this #BEENTRILL# tape have like, the exact same progression. I guess that's just trap being trap, but still manage to go hard. Jesus.

Run This Town, Hellafornia, Where Have You Been, Suit & Tie, Get Low.. haven't even been able to finish the tape because I keep hitting rewind.

I'm still stuck on Mexican.

Nipsey Hussle on his missed court date and his tour:

I'm writing this to explain the unfortunate postponement of The Europe leg of my "Crenshaw World Tour" many people worked hard to book promote and sell out our shows in the UK and other markets in Europe. Myself and my team were excited and very much looking forward to touch our international fans and perform my latest release "Crenshaw" live. the week before our first show in Europe we finished our U.S leg after 33 back to back dates. By me being on the road for that amount of Time I missed a scheduled court date which in turn resulted In a warrant being issued for my arrest. Therefore preventing me from being able to re enter the US without being taken into immediate custody. After I became aware of this matter I quickly hired
Legal council and resolved the warrant. The next thing we did was reschedule the tour and announce that we WILL still be performing in Europe, jus a couple months later than originally planned.

I want to personally thank Dj Semtex and live nation for working around the clock to make this a
Success and also the people of Europe for showing the type of support it takes to sell out venues in market far from my home.

With love and respect -
Nipsey Hussle

thabiz

I fux w/bronsolino heavy but the way this guy casually talks about beating his fans rubs me the wrong way. Thats not how you treat your peoples. It's how you help set up a court case against yourself when someone takes you to task for some dumb shit you did on stage drunk. He needs to watch it.
Agreed 100%. The fact that he hasn't been sued yet shocks me.

Esch

Banned
I used to think Bronson was cool dude till I heard about some of that shit.

I still fux w/him, but there's a lot of negative aspects to his personality. Apart from his tendencies to assault fans (dumb fans but still), he's clearly one of the most misogynistic men on the mic in 2014 (and that is impressive in this genre) and I recall an incident with transsexual people in '11 or '12 that was not cool either. He's an asshole.

At least he's not inviting journalists to his apartment and beating off when they come in tho.

That little person he threw off stage is an actor, actually. But obviously he has thrown plenty of non-actors off stage.

I wonder who's yacht that is lol. Bronson, Alchemist, and Mr. Porter chilling at sea.

overcast

Wait, Esch totally agree with the bit about beating fans up. They are paying for a concert to have fun with you and listen to your music, can't be beating them up.

Genuinely curious how he's any more misogynistic than other rappers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It should be the second song.
Oh the 10 2 10 remix? That's on the old tape, they put out a new one a few days ago that goes as well.

Wait, Esch totally agree with the bit about beating fans up. They are paying for a concert to have fun with you and listen to your music, can't be beating them up.

I have a feeling most of those people do that just so they can get thrown at this point. The frequency of this happening almost assures that.

mooooose

For all the bad, Bronson also has given out free food and merch plenty of times, willing to put on new artists, gives away free weed at his shows, etc.

I don't think a lot of his wrong doing comes from a negative place. I also don't think he's fucking around without thinking about the consequences. I can't imagine Paul Rosenberg would let him stray too far from the path to success.

I'm still calling Bronson to have a good year and possibly end up at 2Chainz level success.

Esch

Banned

Well, next time you're listening to him check the way he raps about women; especially asian women. I'm a Jay stan, but Action Bronson goes in on women ruthlessly. He's not playing with that shit.

I guess that's the another way he copies ghostface
troll.png

PBY

Banned
Well, next time you're listening to him check the way he raps about women; especially asian women. I'm a Jay stan, but Action Bronson goes in on women ruthlessly. He's not playing with that shit.

I guess that's the another way he copies ghostface
troll.png

Agreed. All you had to do was post the saab stories cover doe

Esch

Banned
Agreed. All you had to do was post the saab stories cover doe

He takes it to a different level. I'm not surprised he buys hookers cus the way he raps about women is 100% material, as objects. You could call guys like Biggie, Ghost, Jay, DMX, Three Six etc misogynist for the way they rap about women, but that was also in a different time.

Plus they at least hired chicks for features and parts of their label. I don't think Bronson will ever respect a woman like that. I think i might have heard him on some NY chicks track tho.. Plus the way this dude fetishizes asian women is corny as fuck, like a typical white nerd that grew up watching too much JAV and anime and beats it to asian women cause he thinks they're more subservient or something.

Action.jpg

Fuckouttahere.

big ander

My thing with Bronson is that, even though I really like him, sometimes he seems like he believes the shit he's saying more than other rappers. Where other dudes it seems like they're distanced from their own misogyny at least partially, like they're purposefully putting on a persona, Bronson often seems like he's doing his best to genuinely occupy the role of sleazebag. dunno.

Also yesterday or something he retweeted someone sending him a picture that looked like an adult woman violating a toddler? and he like half-laughed at it? It was mega fucked up

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y'all (Esch mostly) are reading way too into Bronson's superfluous, fantasy raps. The songs he's done talking about his wife/baby momma have been pretty genuine, and even in interviews he speaks like a gentleman of her. Really. He's pure character. The antics, the misogyny, just generally being ridiculous. It's not even well dressed, he clearly says things just to be as ridiculous as possible, but with a charisma artists like Eminem don't have today.

SNIPPET OFF FLOCKAVELLI 2

http://instagram.com/p/ku1_PuwyDb/

O GAWD
This actually sounds good wtf

I wish Bronson would rap more about his wife. Dunno if I'd call him more misogynist than other rappers, or whether it's just a testament to how vivid his raps are. He's one of the most vivid picture painters on the mic since Ghost n Rae, but instead of depicting tales of mafioso coke rap he's talking about prostitutes.

I will say that he truly "doesn't give a fuck" unlike most rappers. He definitely lives his raps, based on what I've seen and heard. Even in that video he's dolphin diving off a yacht, and a moving boat, a yard from the propeller. Probably while high. His lifestyle+his weight could very easily lead him to an early grave. And his lack of a filter...let's not forget this is a guy who used to sling the n-word around casually in his raps alongside J-Love. He got away with it back when he was minor level in Queens; even the rugged dudes he rolls with (Coroner, Mayhem, etc) didn't mind it. Now he's bigger and has distanced himself from his past use of the word, and from J-Love. But I get the impression it's only a matter of time before some dude with a smartphone catches him dropping n bombs, drunk.

overcast

2chainz success for bronson means being embraced by mainstream artists other than wiz and mac miller
This shit isn't happening at all.
I must not look into it further than his character. I just don't take him seriously at all. I can see what you guys are saying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom