• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

Apparently Kid Cudi's new EP Satellite Flight is releasing tonight on iTunes.

awesome. im kinda hyped. will buy along with Oxymoron whenever they hit iTunes. i like that he dropped this outta nowhere.

edit: also, if cudi's new out of fucking nowhere album gets top billing on the hip hop iTunes carousel thing ahead of Q I'm gonna laugh.

Anyone remember a while back when someone called Jay-Z and Kanye West "The Throne" when they were introducing them as a "group"?

I'm trying to find out where that was done. I don't remember if it was some article, or some random old dude on a TV show or something. Me and a friend were just talking about that album, and that shit came to mind. Wish I could find it again.

awesome. im kinda hyped. will buy along with Oxymoron whenever they hit iTunes. i like that he dropped this outta nowhere.

edit: also, if cudi's new out of fucking nowhere album gets top billing on the hip hop iTunes carousel thing ahead of Q I'm gonna laugh.

He's lowkey a big bitch for releasing it on Q-Day, but he did promise it would release in February.

overcast

What Count has to worry about is Cole Swindell. Good luck.
ColeSwindell.jpg

LOL.

Cudder

He's lowkey a big bitch for releasing it on Q-Day, but he did promise it would release in February.

Uhh, okay? Who the fuck is Schoolboy Q anyway that you think Cudi is stepping on toes here lol. Dude falls asleep during interviews, fuck him. I don't really think it matters when he decided to release it. Plus it's the last Tuesday in February which is when iTunes updates, so it kind of had to come out today.

BUT. The big question is if it's better than Q's album. If it is...oh lawd.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol, the fuck is this? He's been saying late February since before Q gave us a year. Even if he did, how does that make him a bitch anyways? Your music should be able to stand on it's own two feet.

overcast

Those 2 Cudi tracks are 100% Indicud/WZRD Cud though. Weak shit.

Think Count was being tongue in cheek brehs. Put down the pitchforks.

Uhh, okay? Who the fuck is Schoolboy Q anyway that you think Cudi is stepping on toes here lol. Dude falls asleep during interviews, fuck him. I don't really think it matters when he decided to release it. Plus it's the last Tuesday in February which is when iTunes updates, so it kind of had to come out today.

BUT. The big question is if it's better than Q's album. If it is...oh lawd.

Cudi had his share of problems when he was in the limelight too from punching fans to being high off coke in his interviews. But yea, he did have to release it tonight if he did want to get it out in February.

He's trying his version of Beyonce's #NewRules and dropping an album randomly.

Totally get what you guys mean though lol, my stanning knows no bounds, you gotta remember that.

Plus I used to be a huge Kid Cudi fan.. the Cudi let me down.

fuck y'all, im trynna win this avy bet. Cudi releasing an album outta bumfuck nowhere be fuqqin up my chances b.

Jitters

I still fux w/him, but there's a lot of negative aspects to his personality. Apart from his tendencies to assault fans (dumb fans but still), he's clearly one of the most misogynistic men on the mic in 2014 (and that is impressive in this genre) and I recall an incident with transsexual people in '11 or '12 that was not cool either. He's an asshole.

At least he's not inviting journalists to his apartment and beating off when they come in tho.
I thought he was likable guy until the transsexual picture. Shame too cuz most of the time he seems like a funny dude.

I wish Bronson would rap more about his wife. Dunno if I'd call him more misogynist than other rappers, or whether it's just a testament to how vivid his raps are. He's one of the most vivid picture painters on the mic since Ghost n Rae, but instead of depicting tales of mafioso coke rap he's talking about prostitutes.

I will say that he truly "doesn't give a fuck" unlike most rappers. He definitely lives his raps, based on what I've seen and heard. Even in that video he's dolphin diving off a yacht, and a moving boat, a yard from the propeller. Probably while high. His lifestyle+his weight could very easily lead him to an early grave. And his lack of a filter...let's not forget this is a guy who used to sling the n-word around casually in his raps alongside J-Love. He got away with it back when he was minor level in Queens; even the rugged dudes he rolls with (Coroner, Mayhem, etc) didn't mind it. Now he's bigger and has distanced himself from his past use of the word, and from J-Love. But I get the impression it's only a matter of time before some dude with a smartphone catches him dropping n bombs, drunk.
Hes married?................

JEKKI

got frikken dammit yo who the fukk is Dom Kennedy?!?!?1

fukk Dom Kennedy!!

I was trying to get into this Cibo Matto concert... it was sold out!

so I figure, I know the venue, I can get tickets to whoever else is playing that day, get inside, and easily sneak into the Cibo Matto show.

so who else is playing that day? it's Dom Kennedy.

first problem; the ticket is $30.

that's how much I pay to see veteran acts like Bone Thugs, DJ Quik, the GZA, etc.

some other higher profile acts I'm seeing / seen like Action Bronson, Earl Sweatshirt, the Lox, aint even charging $30 tickets.

who the fukk are you Dom Kennedy thinking you can charge $30 to see your show?!?!

second problem... the fukkyn show was sold out regardless!!

how does this nobody have the nerve to over-charge for a ticket and still sell out his show?!?!

(tho tbh, I'm sure all his ticket sales went to ppl who had the same idea as me and jus wanna get into the venue to see Cibo Matto)

fukk u Dom Kennedy u nobody I aint never even heard of you and got dang I'm getting too old for these new rap kids out these days >_<

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wish Bronson would rap more about his wife. Dunno if I'd call him more misogynist than other rappers, or whether it's just a testament to how vivid his raps are. He's one of the most vivid picture painters on the mic since Ghost n Rae, but instead of depicting tales of mafioso coke rap he's talking about prostitutes.

I will say that he truly "doesn't give a fuck" unlike most rappers. He definitely lives his raps, based on what I've seen and heard. Even in that video he's dolphin diving off a yacht, and a moving boat, a yard from the propeller. Probably while high. His lifestyle+his weight could very easily lead him to an early grave. And his lack of a filter...let's not forget this is a guy who used to sling the n-word around casually in his raps alongside J-Love. He got away with it back when he was minor level in Queens; even the rugged dudes he rolls with (Coroner, Mayhem, etc) didn't mind it. Now he's bigger and has distanced himself from his past use of the word, and from J-Love. But I get the impression it's only a matter of time before some dude with a smartphone catches him dropping n bombs, drunk.
Bronson doesn't actually give a fuck. He's said this, when he gets bored of rap or it gets too corporate, he will say fuck it and go back to being a chef. He's not invested in this as a career. That's real mental freedom. NAACP or feminist groups comes after him? He's gonna make a fuck you song and open up/go back to working at a restaurant still with a huge grin on his face.

^drunk post

but ya fukk dom kennedy

fukk him for his concert being sold out fukkyn guy

Never really listened to Dom tbh, only tracks I know from him are the ones he had with Kendrick

Cudi's album is just more of the same really.

Dude's sound hasn't evolved into anything over his whole career.

And I can't handle all of this moaning.

AAOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHAAAAAAHHH

he's been doing this struggle crooning for way2damn long.

Esch

Banned
Cudi's rap/singing whatever gives his songs a real cheap, amateur/immature sound. I can't take much of it anymore.
Kid Cudis music is exactly about being amateur and immature. I thought that was the whole appeal of his schtick. Like, that's what you listen to when you miss being 15. No troll.

Today in Gaf-Hop history, we got Peterboi gassing up; Cyhi the flop, Nick "Eminem slid two CD's into my wife" Cannon and fuckin Tyga.

I used to stan Cudi so hard, but dude just hasn't grown as an artist at all.

Cud should just make a Trip-Hop album full of trippy beats instead of polluting them with moans n groans.

JEKKI

^drunk post

but ya fukk dom kennedy

fukk him for his concert being sold out fukkyn guy

Never really listened to Dom tbh, only tracks I know from him are the ones he had with Kendrick
not drunk, just angry!!!

and good, dont listen to him!!! worst rapper ever since Rick Ross!!

Dom Kennedy's We Ball is one of the best anthem tracks in recent memory.
I googled that song, it sucked lol.

if there was any saving grace to it, I can sum it up in 2 words:

Kendrick Lamar

Esch

Banned
I'm telling you.. he's trying to take Moooooose's spot in that 'Not sure if troll' category.
See this is how I know you're new jack scum. peterb0y been the original wrong opinion creator. He was the original. The guy telling us to listen to waka flocka weed carrier Christmas tapes. Him and enzo are the soulja girl Rakim and Kool G Rap, the rest of you guys are just underaged derivatives of one or both of them. Moooooooose is his own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom