• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

tumblr_mv9k4bZZhF1rqkjmno1_500.gif

Yall act like TDE don't run LA.

Anyone else going to Q's concerts? I'm going to the one in Houston!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
that
cyhi
shit is
pretty good

not gunna lie.

pretty good

Detox

When you're trying to make a name for yourself you don't have more than 50℅ of your tape consist of features.

wenis

When you're trying to make a name for yourself you don't have more than 50℅ of your tape consist of features.

come on man, he's got K.Dot, Miley and Robin all on his tape? with Pharrel production? OOOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIITTTTTT. He should hype it up hard.
on the street corner for a buck a burned cd

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A lot of interesting things in the Q Juan Epstein.

- Kanye wishes he had way more time to finish AotL
- Doesn't like the ladi dadi doooe in Break The Bank; "it sounds right in the moment"
- Mos Def is apparently into super ignorant stuff, fucks with Q
- Alchemist was meant to have 3 records on the album, only got 1 through
- Hoover Street was called Familia but they had to change the sample
- Had to redo everything for Break The Bank last minute
- On what him & Kendrick talk about: "It's sending YT links, laughing at something what the homie said, clowning Ab-Soul, etc."
- "Action's not a good feedback dude because he likes everything," Alchemist and Mac Miller are better
- Black Hippy album could've happened but sample clearances fucked up logistics
- Jay Rock has been kicking back because he wants to reevaluate his career, says he was upset people think hes too violent and shit, he's not dropping stuff because of his own choice. 5 records done for his new album and it's supposodly completely different.

DominoKid

that makes Oxymoron sound like a total disaster.

this Californication beat sucks dick. I kind of wish he kept these bonus tracks to himself.

that makes Oxymoron sound like a total disaster.

this Californication beat sucks dick. I kind of wish he kept these bonus tracks to himself.

I'll re-listen tonight, including the bonus tracks. But after that first listen I really got the impression the album was significantly downsized. The puzzling thing is that even if samples were a problem...many producers today, if not most, are doing crazy shit without samples. I know some people here don't like Cilvia EP, but even they admit the production is good. A lot of that shit isn't heavy sample shit; imagine Q on RIP Kevin Miller, shit would be amazing. Instead a lot of these beats have little energy. I'm baffled that Q/TDE couldn't find a similar collection of beats, especially given how talented their in house producers are.

They didn't have a decent back up plan, basically. The entire album needed to be revamped IMO. This reeks of "we need to release it now, let's go." Waiting for samples in 2014 is a loser game. Bring in a dope producer to do something without meaningful samples.

overcast

Sounds like we didn't get what we were supposed to get. The target bonus tracks are useless, but deluxe is the way to go with Grooveline Pt. 2 and Fuck LA.

Still like the album, but it's definitely a let down.

The mash ups Big Boi has been doing are like 1000x better than anything on his last album. I hope they are signs of a direction he may take on his next album

PBY

Banned
ivbPDnzslSzMf.gif

I even like migos a lot and that's pushing it bruh. Thats 25 tracks of three dudes rapping like 'HUBBIDY HUH, HUBBIIDYY DUBBIDY DUH, DUBBIDY DUH AY". I'm gonna need someone to Eschscale this tape for me A$AP.

Real talk: 20/25

Insane hit rate on these tracks. Listen to the one I posted.

wenis

- Jay Rock has been kicking back because he wants to reevaluate his career, says he was upset people think hes too violent and shit, he's not dropping stuff because of his own choice. 5 records done for his new album and it's supposodly completely different.

Jay going after that Fresh Prince status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom