• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Druggies with hoes 3 coming next month.

Should have a video too.

BZYsCxcIEAA-vso.jpg
Video for an unreleased track? Hmm. Pro Era is the dopest.
Balding Lebron troll? LOL.
Bout to smoke a lotta weed and get into this cudi
SAVE IT FOR SOMETHING BETTER.

Detox

9th wonder and Talib announced they are working on an album that they hope will be the Chronic of conscious rap.

Do you guys think there is already an album that is the Chronic of conscious rap and if so what is it?

JohnDoe

Banned
9th wonder and Talib announced they are working on an album that they hope will be the Chronic of conscious rap.

Do you guys think there is already an album that is the Chronic of conscious rap and if so what is it?

Midnight Marauders by A Tribe Called Quest.

Yeah I heard control system, it was okay I guess. I'd just prefer a jay rock album over ab. I don't know what it is but I get bored whenever he's on the mic. Just some average quality about him.

Man, hopes for cudi are crashing fast. Count are you a cudi fan?

DominoKid

this is a funny ass sentence.

Yeah I heard control system, it was okay I guess. I'd just prefer a jay rock album over ab. I don't know what it is but I get bored whenever he's on the mic. Just some average quality about him.

Man, hopes for cudi are crashing fast. Count are you a cudi fan?

I was a HUGE Cudi fan. Seen him in concert twice, bought his first two albums..

Then he went from the Man on the Moon to Man made of garbage.

TCQ was that smooth shit, I don't really know if I'd qualify them as conscious rap. Conscious rap is moaning about social ills and its hard out here for single mothers etc.

mooooose

Its a stanbase. You guys have been stanning this shit for months, look at you. Also, Q did tour pretty well these past couple years. Good for him that he's hitting 6 figures

big sean must be salty doe
i walked away disappointed and im not buying or going to his show

Hell Of A Night isn't bad, sounds like it could get airplay (should have put Kendrick and ASAP on it imo)...however I feel like the drums are really misplaced.

Jitters

How do you guys feel about noisey? I feel like they are making it cool to like bad hip hop sometimes. I know too cool to care is kinda the Vice thing, but I don't know. I mean I don't hate it, one of my favorite current rappers has done stuff for it, its just weird that people go along with it.

Oh snap you know what your talking about so.

To be fair though I only been listening to cudi for like a week or two now.

Still about to listen but damn my expectations are down

5/10 of the songs on the album are instrumentals.. or space noises.

I'd say it's worth a listen anyway though.. just might put you in a bad mood when you're high.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
How do you guys feel about noisey? I feel like they are making it cool to like bad hip hop sometimes. I know too cool to care is kinda the Vice thing, but I don't know. I mean I don't hate it, one of my favorite current rappers has done stuff for it, its just weird that people go along with it.
If you don't at all pay attention to the "writers/personalities" on the site and just the rappers, shit is fun.

PBY

Banned
Bad hip hip? Jitterzzzzzz

Kwixotik

They got Action Bronson & Deniro Farrar. They had solid interviews with Rocky, Danny Brown, and Q... Seems like solid shit to me.

Esch

Banned

I thought Noisey was your wave, bro. They seem like they'd stan kitty pryde too.

How I feel is that their opinion and trendy pieces are pretty trash, but they do occasionally have some good pieces here and there. But that's VICE. Writing from the perspective of (mostly) white hipster neckbeards culture surfing. I keep them in my feeds.

Jitters

I thought Noisey was your wave, bro. They seem like they'd stan kitty pryde too.

How I feel is that their opinion and trendy pieces are pretty trash, but they do occasionally have some good pieces here and there. But that's VICE. Writing from the perspective of (mostly) white hipster neckbeards culture surfing. I keep them in my feeds.

Yeah, shes the one I was saying writes for them. Thats why I feel like I should like 'em.

Like what?
There was a Lil Boosie thing on there recently.

naw

I don't like how they try to write about all the swag rap shit. They're just like The Fader

If I was a "music journalist" I'd straight up ask Q what message does he think his daughter would take from Grooveline Pt. 2. This shit is just stupid. I'm not opposed to pimp tracks - I like Ghostface after all. But this is just ridiculous.

If I was a "music journalist" I'd straight up ask Q what message does he think his daughter would take from Grooveline Pt. 2. This shit is just stupid. I'm not opposed to pimp tracks - I like Ghostface after all. But this is just ridiculous.

Nope, you'd probably ask about his bucket hat collection

Wasn't someone just complaining about Q being 30 dollars? Pretty funny.

Oh shit, Gibbs is gonna be in LA next month.

Lol that was me complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom